Turning 40

See this is my problem. I can't even have anything in moderation. Once I've had a bit of something it escalates to the whole bag or the whole jar etc.... The best way for me is to not have any at all and that drives me crazy too so inevitably I fall. It's a dilemma and one I have to control myself. Thanks for sharing!!!! Teresa

Teresa -

I am the exact same way, and believe me it has not been easy to not allow myself just one small taste. But I know the way I am and I'm not able to do that. In the past, I've even rationalized eating three doughnuts at one sitting by saying that I was going to eat them anyway so why not do it all at once! My husband has been amazed that I've only had ice cream once in two weeks and that was last Sunday when I allowed myself my cheat day.

That's awesome!!! Good for you. Right now I have samoas (girl scout cookie) ice cream in the freezer. Samoas are my fav girl scout cookie thankfully they only come out once a year but I saw the ice cream at the grocery store and of course I broke down. I haven't opened it yet but I know I will and then look out!!! I just can't help myself but yet I have been disciplined in the past and got great results just lately with this 40 thing hanging over me I have lost all willpower. One good thing I am keeping up with all my workouts did Interval Max this morning and gave it my all. Without my workouts don't know where I would be. Thank God for Cathe!!! Teresa

Teresa,

You have gotten lots of great advice from these fantastic women. I am 51 years old and I can honestly say that I do LOVE this age. I try to focus on the positives of being in my 50's. I am more accepting of others and myself. I feel very comfortable in my skin. Sure, my skin is getting looser, but I have great muscle definition, thanks to Cathe.

I have 10 beautiful children, seven of which are still at home. I have been married for 31 years. All of which are great accomplishments.

Cardiovascularly, I am in better shape than many 20 year olds. I have been doing karate for 3 and a half years. I just got my first degree black belt. My classmates at karate call me the cardio queen.

You will find as Nancy said that the 40's were a great age! So, Happy Birthday, you have lots of fun times ahead of you!

Cheryl

Forty is not old. Celebrate. Every B-day for me from now on is a milestone because I had to ponder the idea that my last B-day might be my last. It is hard to eat clean all the time.

Tia

>Right now I have samoas (girl scout cookie) ice cream in the >freezer. Samoas are my fav girl scout cookie thankfully they only >come out once a year but I saw the ice cream at the grocery store >and of course I broke down. I haven't opened it yet but I know I >will and then look out!!!

This made me laugh! I just bought this same ice cream because I DON'T like Samoas and didn't want to be tempted! My fav is the Drumstick flavor - with the pieces of ice cream cone dipped in chocolate...yum!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.