Turbo Jam anyone? And My Drill Max confession

pressju

Cathlete
I am not one to like hootin and hollerin aerobunnies but none the less ordered Turbo Jam. I am a big kick boxing fan, and it looked like a good deal. Has anyone else tried it? I am a big kickboxing fan, have been doing it for 15 years (even had a boxing coach at one point). Really gets my arms cut.

Pointers? Thoughts?

Now onto Drill Max: I must confess. When I first did it, I hated it! So high impact, so hard! I thought "That it's - onto ebay with you!" Then I did the pre-mixes: Upper Body Circuit, Total Body, Scrambled Eggs. Oh happy day! Just loved it. Different challenges - bands, weights, ball, plyos, wow!!!

Please forgive me my forum friends. I have converted.

Humbly yours,
Julie

I am one of the few who didn't care for Turbo Jam. It wasn't a bad workout. I just found all the yelling and "baby doll" and singing to be annoying. I really wanted to like it and I did it several times just hoping I would "catch the fever." I finally broke down and sold it on Ebay. BUT, I am also not a big fan of kickboxing either...
Good news about Drill Max. I've been too scared to even try this one. I think I'll check out the premixes first.

I love Turbo Jam - the workouts are fast-paced and a lot of fun. I also LOVE Drill Max, it's my favorite of the new set!

Marie

I like TJ, it's not too intense & it's a fun workout for light days. I only have Cardio Party 3 & my only criticism is WTH is this lady wearing a skirt to work out? }(

Marie, what other TJ workouts are worth owning? They all seem so short--I don't want to buy a cardio workout that's less than 40 minutes.

Laura Max Marie and Muffin Top (might I add the best part of the muffin!) thanks for the input on Turbo Jam. Funyt about the skirt - was doing Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 last eve (intermediate level to be sure) and my 6 yo DD said, "Why is she wearing a skirt to gym class?". Good question kid!

Also did the 20 minute ab workout and it was really good. The one that comes on the original 5 workout DVD. Will let you all know about the others.

Ho ho ho all!
Julie

Did you try Cardio Blast yet? It's my favorite. Too bad it's only 30 minutes. Sometimes I double up on the intensity sections (aka Turbos). I think you'll like this one.

Laura--I think Punch, Kick & Jam is worth having...I agree with you about the skirt.
The workouts are all shorts, but you can combine segments from different tapes , e.g. 2 segments from Cardio Party 3 + 2-3 segments from Punch, Kick and Jam.

Also, I just received Kelly Coffey-Meyers Stepbox tape and previewed it, but didn't do it yet. It definitely looks fun.

-Barb:)

If any of you belong to a gym, you should check the schedule for Turbo Kick. It is a blast and much harder than Turbo Jam.
I just did Cardio Party 3 yesterday, too. I think the skirt is fun, just like the workout. Tracie Long wears a skirt in one of her TLT workouts. There are bike shorts attached to the skirt. They remind me of tennis skirts.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

FYI
This is a copy & paste of an earlier post from Cathe.

Just a friendly reminder that we like to keep this forum open to comments and discussions that relate specifically to our fitness products. We welcome all other discussion and feedback in our Open Discussion forum. Please feel free to ask this question in our open discussion forum. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Happy Holidays

Just a polite request, but maybe we could move the TJ discussion to the open discussion forum and restart another thread on DM.

jordan

>FYI
>This is a copy & paste of an earlier post from Cathe.
>
>Just a friendly reminder that we like to keep this forum open
>to comments and discussions that relate specifically to our
>fitness products. We welcome all other discussion and feedback
>in our Open Discussion forum. Please feel free to ask this
>question in our open discussion forum. Thanks in advance for
>your cooperation. Happy Holidays
>
>Just a polite request, but maybe we could move the TJ
>discussion to the open discussion forum and restart another
>thread on DM.
>
>jordan
>
>
>
Duly noted Jordan. I sent a mea culpa to Cathe on this. Let's consider this email string of mine closed. Those interested, we can pick it up on the Open Discussion forum. Thanks.

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.