TRX?

SirenSongWoman

Cathlete
Okay, I keep reading about TRX Suspension Training (www.fitnessanywhere.com) on other sites but I haven't bitten yet. Today I got a Precision Nutrition article in my email about some study PN's Dr. Berardi, Alwyn Cosgrove and Fraser Quelch (inventer of TRX/founder of Fitness Anywhere) did together and, though I'm really intrigued, I still have one big concern.

Cosgrove loves it and the customer reviews (including Bob, trainer on The Biggest Loser) indicate a lot of customer satisfaction but I can't tell from the video what the straps are fastened to so I'm wary. It sounds like a really effective system that mostly uses your own body weight and can, supposedly, be used anywhere but I don't have anything heavy or stable enough with which to attach the straps. They have a device made to be attached to a wall joist but I really don't have a place even for that, yet.

Do any of you know about TRX and have any of you ever used it?

Stacey- there are several threads here on the TRX and a few who have it. It is pretty much next on my list. It comes with a door attachment and you can also get a wall mount (or ceiling - whatever) to attach it to. They show both on the website.

TRX - love it!

Okay, I keep reading about TRX Suspension Training (www.fitnessanywhere.com) on other sites but I haven't bitten yet. Today I got a Precision Nutrition article in my email about some study PN's Dr. Berardi, Alwyn Cosgrove and Fraser Quelch (inventer of TRX/founder of Fitness Anywhere) did together and, though I'm really intrigued, I still have one big concern.

Cosgrove loves it and the customer reviews (including Bob, trainer on The Biggest Loser) indicate a lot of customer satisfaction but I can't tell from the video what the straps are fastened to so I'm wary. It sounds like a really effective system that mostly uses your own body weight and can, supposedly, be used anywhere but I don't have anything heavy or stable enough with which to attach the straps. They have a device made to be attached to a wall joist but I really don't have a place even for that, yet.

Do any of you know about TRX and have any of you ever used it?

It has a door attachment, you can go to the website to see other ways it can be anchored. If the military can attach it to trucks, I'm sure you can be creative & find a way to use it!

It has a door attachment, you can go to the website to see other ways it can be anchored. If the military can attach it to trucks, I'm sure you can be creative & find a way to use it!

Absolutely. I even took it for our vacation and used just a door to anchor it.

Man, after reading this and the other TRX thread (I, too, got the Precision Nutrition email) I know this will be my next thing... when I can afford it!

Me too!! :D

After snooping around their website yesterday, I've added TRX to my wishlist. Right after a squat rack, a new barbell/plate set, kettlebells (and related DVDs, of course ;)). It never ends! :eek:

Hey
After seeing your posts and checking out their website... I tried a few of their moves on the kids swing set... I hooked one foot into each swing and did the abs work. They have the hanging hooks too so I used them for a few pull-ups etc. It does look way cool though. They were using it on Biggest Loser one week when they couldn't use the gym.
Heather

I have one and have used it with the door anchor and works great. I have also used it tossed over a beam on the patio and a tree limb in the yard. I especially like working out in the yard when the weather is nice.

Susan

Check out some of the cool combos that Fraser demonstartes on you tube and you'll want one. That guy must have a really strong core by now.

I have one!
I have door anchor for travel, but for home use I attach it to my squat cage.
It works great!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.