Troy Lite Barbell

dani21496

Cathlete
Hi there,

I just ordered a Troy Lite Barbell today from fitness1st.com and wondered if anyone knows how long it takes to ship? Did you get yours pretty fast? Also, do you like the spring collars it came with or did you order different ones? Did you have to order a pad for it or is it okay without one?

I broke down and ordered it because the one I have now has star collars and it is just really annoying trying to change plates. Also the bar has that rough metal stuff for gripping I guess, that scrapes up the material on my workout pants.

I also like the idea of having rubber coated plates.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Danielle :+

I have the Troy Lite Barbell system too, and I recall that I received mine fairly quickly after ordering on their 800- line. I like the spring collars a lot, although I have never used anything else so I have nothing to compare it to.

You'll get mixed reviews here on the value of a pad; I do have one and I really swear by it. It really keeps the back of my neck and shoulders comfortable when I'm doing standing squat and lunge work. Many find it too bulky, but I like it. And yes, the rubber plates are great!

A-jock

I got mine in 3 days... I think it depends on where you live. They use UPS ground shipping. Actually I bought Bollinger Slip Collars for my barbell. The Spring collar you have to squeeze them, and it's hard for me to do that quickly. Anyway, I think they are MUCH better than the screw on type. Bollinger Slip Lock just slipped right in. I could even change plates as quick as Cathe in PLB. I bought them on e-bay, and I think the guy still have them for sale from time to time. They are about $4/pr + shipping. Try doing a search on "Bollinger".

Edit in: Yes, I have a pad too. I think you should be able to get one at Walmart or any sporting goods store.

HTH.

Haslina

Hi Danielle!

I also bought the Troy Lite from Fitness 1st. and received mine in about 3 days! The customer service was excellent when I called. I switched my spring clips to the slip locks which I already had. They work much easier then the spring clips. You are going to love your new barbell! It is GREAT! (I also use a neck pad, which I think is a necessity.) Let us know when it arrives!!!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Danielle:

the spring collars it comes with are great. No trouble during PLB. I didn't order the pad, I drape a tee-towel from the kitchen across my shoulders and then place the bar on top, no pain whatsoever. This is also a more hygenic option for me because a pad I would forget to wash and I suffer from bad skin and breakouts on my back and shoulders: the towel is washed at the end of every sweat session!

Just somethng to consider...... :)

Clare

Hi Karen!

My shipping was $18.46. I live in Ohio so yours may be different. I know I had to put in my zip code to get the amount. Here is a link. You can check it out without buying. http://www.fitness1st.com/Bars_and_Weight_Systems.html

Scroll down to Troy Lite Workout System and click on "order". You will not have to buy without completing all info but you can enter your zip to find out YOUR S/H cost ahead of time! Hope this helps.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi Karen!

Yes Debbie! This does help. I don't live in Ohio, but it gives me a general idea of what it would cost. Thanks so much! Karen

I got my barbell!!!

YAY!! I'm so excited!! I got my Troy Lite barbell last night. It's beautiful!! I never thought I would say a barbell is beautiful before I started getting into fitness!! I know, I'm a nut! I love how it's all black and the rubber plates are so nice!!

I ordered it on Friday and got it Tuesday!! I just chose regular ground shipping and still got it that fast!!!

I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for all the info!! I am so excited!!!

Danielle

:7

RE: Ha!

You know I couldn't resist and ended up unpacking that thing and did Boot Camp right away!!!

Danielle :7

Danielle - Congrats! I am happy for you.

By the way... which set did you order? Did you order the Aerobic Lite set? I am thinking of ordering one too.

Also, does the barbell weigh anything?

Thanks for the link. Finally, I found a compact dumbbell rack that will fit in the small corner of our livingroom. Everything else was too long. :(, but this company had a small enough one. Phew, now things will be neater and fiance (who uses weights in the gym) will stop complaining about how "messy" my workout equipment. is. :)

yeah, it's pretty low tech after you've forked out for the real new and cool black barbell set, (don't we all look TOUGH) but hey! it works!

Clare

Hi All!

I just ordered the Troy Lite Barbell Set and can't wait to use it! They killed me with the shipping charges (I live in NYC) but it's still a great deal. Thank you for this topic or I never would have found out about fitness1. I'll keep you posted!

:) "One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar":)

Iris

Hi Iris!

You are going to love it! I have THREE other barbells (2 cheapies and one Olympic size) and, the Troy is my favorite. Just the right length and feel. LOVE the rubber plates on my wooden floor too. Have fun & let us know when it gets to your front porch. Mine came very quickly. (I'm in Ohio)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.