Treat days! (not to be confused with "cheat days!")

pbjenny

Hi friends!

Right now I'm trying to feel more comfortable incorporating "treat meals" or "treat days" (not to be confused with "cheat meals / days".. which suggest guilty behavior). I'm just wondering what kind of training is best to do on days when I might be eating a surplus or calories / carbs. Is it better to doing cardio or strength training?

Thank you! and for those of you being effected by the snow storm, stay safe!

I don't think that treating yourself once a week requires that you try to "offset" the increased caloric intake, particularly if you eat healthy and exercising the rest of the week. :)

Hi there,

Before kicking off the discussion, It would be helpful if you could clearly define what you call "treat day" how that day would be different compared to others!

You're good, nckfitheart2009! I should have clarified :)

For me a "treat day" might include a calorie surplus (currently eating 2300 calories a day... treat day might be anywhere from 2500 - 2800 ). I also eat primarily whole foods, so a treat day would include more processed and refined foods that are higher in carbs / fats. In other words, treat days are probably less protein than usual and more carbs.

Usually a treat day will only include on meal that's outside of my comfort zone, and I'm really trying to focus on eating as I normally do before the meal. I have a history of restrictive eating and used to starve myself all day leading up to a treat meal, which often lead to a binge. Not sure if that's relevant.. just thought I'd share :)

Thanks so much for all of your support!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.