Travis Eliot Ultimate Yogi?

jennifur

Cathlete
I am considering this set and wonder if anyone has any feedback for me.It is a 108 day yoga program. I have been following the 90 day undulating Xtrain rotation which I LOVE. It will be over in about 2 weeks.I've substituted Ride on days that I just can't handle impact. At the same time I've incorporated Zumba a few times a week. I am contemplating doing the 108 days of yoga just to switch it up. I also just started acupuncture for severe knee pain that sometimes makes it difficult to walk( don't how I can do all these other things and then incur severe pain from walking in daily activities) Anyway- does anyone have experience with this program? It has really good reviews. I know it is supposed to be challenging, but there is a little part of me that is afraid I will lose fitness. I'd love to hear what fellow Cathe fans think.

There is a thread on this very topic here. I think you just have to go back 1 page on the Open forum.
I bought the set, but haven't done it yet because I got it around when we got our Xtrain set. I did do the detox DVD yesterday from the ultimate yogi series and man did I feel good after it was done. The workouts are long but there is a lot of ab and strength work in them. I think that they will help me to sleep better, too. I am trying to up my sleep to at least 7 hours a night and the night after I did his DVD I slept 7.5 hours instead of my usual 6 ( or less). Obviously only one data point is not very helpful, but I felt so good after the workout, that I think it will hold up for future nights. At least I really want to test it!

Thanks for the reply! I'm leaning heavily toward buying this. I can see it is quite a time commitment so I have to be ready to eliminate my other activities in order to have the time to do this as intended. Glad it helped you with sleep. I know I'm miserable to be around if I don't get enough sleep!

Doing the 108 day challenge was my new year’s resolution. I’m happy to report I just completed day 78 and have not missed a day. I’m not a big yoga person, in fact I tend to avoid these workouts because I’m not very flexible, am balanced challenged and I tend to think that my time should be spent on more strenuous exercise. Well Travis makes yoga challenging, invigorating, relaxing and fun. On some of his power yoga workouts I’m just as sopping wet and breathless as if I had done a Cathe cardio tape. I’m doing this yoga rotation along with Cathe’s 90 day XTrain rotation. The yoga really helps loosen tight muscles and helps with the soreness. Melagra is right; you will not regret this purchase. Heck, I even got my husband to join me on the mat. Enjoy!

Yay!!! I did it I did it!! I ordered Ultimate Yogi and it will be here tomorrow!!!
Thanks for the input everyone. Fit by fifty, just curious, how did you manage to do both rotations at the same time? I'm impressed. I'm almost done with the 90 day Xtrain rotation and I do add in some other things, but not sure I'd be able to commit to 2 rotations at the same time. Do you do morning and evenings?

I get up at 6am and get on the mat, before I eat breakfast. At the latest I'm done by 7:30am. I eat my breakfast, usually oatmeal or eggs and green tea, wait till 8:30am and to my second workout, right now I'm doing XTrain. It helps that I'm 54 and retired from the Air Force, I have a fully decked out home gym and I'm an empty nester. I have no excuse to not work out:)

Very impressive!! I am also a morning exerciser, I get up at 5, have a cup of coffee complete a workout and head for work. I also go to classes 3 nights a week ( Zumba and two stretching classes) so I guess I could manage doubles if I really tried. I'm planning on backing off the impact for the month of April due to a very painful knee/lower hamstring/ calf problem. I'm currently going for acupuncture and it is helping. My biggest problem is backing off. It is so hard for me to allow myself a rest. I tend to worry so much (probably too much) about losing fitness.
In preparation for UY I tried a power yoga by mark Gonzalez on you tube today. I haven't spent much time on flexibility until recently and was pleasantly surprised by my strength (thanks Cathe) and flexiblity. Like you, I was most challenged by the balance.
I received the UY today. For now I plan on doing the rotation and adding in 1 swim and maybe ( if it doesn't hurt) 2 spin days. We'll see.
My, I guess I am long winded!! Thanks for the info. I'm excited to get started.

Congratulations on your new purchase! Let us know how your first workout goes! I am looking forward to hearing about it.

sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.