Traveling with STS

CynamonKis

Cathlete
Hi:

Can you provide suggestions for traveling with STS?

I will be out of town 2/20-2/22, and will be on a vacation and cruise 3/6-3/15. I was planning to bring my DVD's with me.

The DVD's may not be practical on the cruise, so as a back-up I was going to simply print out my workout cards and at least do the weight lifting in the gym, and for cardio I'd just jog on the track on top of the ship.

Any thoughts on this?

Cyn

Hi, personally, I would start tomorrow and then not workout during either trip.

Week 1 would be the full week.

Week 2 could be:
Sunday - Disk 4
Monday - Cardio
Tuesday - Disk 5
Wednesday - Cardio
Thursday - Disk 6
Friday, Saturday - out of town (maybe get a run in?)

Week 3
Sunday - out of town
Monday - Disk 7
Tuesday - Cardio
Wednesday - Disk 8
Thursday - Cardio
Friday - Disk 9
Saturday - Cardio

Week 4
Sunday - Disk 10
Monday - Cardio
Tuesday - Disk 11
Wednesday - Cardio
Thursday - Disk 12
Friday, Saturday - cruise (could do cardio on one of these days if you're just dying to)

Week 5
Rest week

JMO,
April

Relooking at this, I might go easy on the Saturday of week 3 or even take a rest/stretch day. Otherwise, you'll have a lot of days in a row without a rest. If you could get a run in on Sunday of week 3, that would shift the cardio there.

Have fun on your cruise!

April

I don't see STS as particularly travel friendly.
Maybe another full-body Cathe workout, using bands?

Some components of STS could work for travel with a bit of modification : the abs, plyo legs, the stretch, the 'bonus leg' segments (unfortunately, not all on one disc).

Kathryn I agree it's not particularly travel-friendly UNLESS you just print out the workout cards & take them to the gym & do the exercises without the DVD's.

I decided to utilize April's suggestion & began Wk1, Meso 1 today; this way the "active rest" called for right after Week 4/Meso 1 would coincide with the week that I'm on the cruise, during which I could use that week to jogging on the ship's outdoor track daily, which is my favorite cruising workout. The only things is that on the last day of Meso1/Week 4 I will be in Miami doing cardio and abs at the hotel's gym, instead of the 4-day split kickbox cardio, which I think will be okay.

I don't see STS as particularly travel friendly.
Maybe another full-body Cathe workout, using bands?

Some components of STS could work for travel with a bit of modification : the abs, plyo legs, the stretch, the 'bonus leg' segments (unfortunately, not all on one disc).

I'm trying to schedule my STS around two planned vacations that I have coming up, but it just doesn't work out so that each vacation is during a rest week. Even if one is a rest week, the other comes right in the middle of a cycle.

Not likely I'll be able to get the workouts done in the gym (I wouldn't want to count on it, anyhow), so I'd either have to repeat the week before :mad: or pick up where I left off.

It probably won't undo all of my progress if I pick up where I left off, but this is why I'm trying to get STS completed before our heavy summer travel schedule. (and in hopes of looking better by warm weather!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.