Travel Fit = No Sweat? (Or...Has Insanity Ruined Me??)

UnstrungHarp

Cathlete
I tried my first "new" Cathe workout today, which happened to be Travel Fit. I had read several posts about the workout so I wasn't expecting much of a cardio workout, but I was still surprised at how...easy this workout was. (I can't believe I just said that!!) Did I feel a burn in my upper body - yes, but nothing too painful. :) I kept checking my HRM and found that my average HR was 113.

Anyway, I can't complain too much because it was a really fun workout and the time absolutely flew by! But my complete lack of sweat at the end of the workout made me wonder if this one is a keeper or not. I recently completed the Insanity program, then afterwards gratefully went back to my beloved Cathe DVDs in search of more fun and variety but quickly found that the challenge just wasn't there anymore. The 4DS cardio made me wonder "where's the rest of it?" and now I can get through Imax 3 without any modifications, skipping reps or stopping (but it's still a challenge so I'm happy).

Does anybody else think this workout is a bit on the easy side? And if I think that, will I also feel that way about the HiiTs, CCC, or CB which I haven't done yet?

I haven't done travel fit yet, but HiiT, CCC and CB will defintely have you sweating. If TF wasn't a challenge for you, try using a heavier band.

Don't worry. I think Cathe actually rated this in another thread that this is the least intense of all the workouts in this series.

If you want a serious cardio blast, the HiiT and Circuit ones will keep you grinning from ear to ear. :D

Becky

I haven't tried Travel Fit yet, but I must admit, I'm happy to hear that it's a milder version of Cathe! There are times when I just don't want to have a "balls-to-the-walls" workout. Travel Fit sounds like it would be perfect for a lighter workout.

Actually Travel Fit is NOT a part of Shock Cardio. It was just a freebie add on for those who ordered Shock Cardio. It is NOT a cardio workout, but a band strength workout for those on the go. Cathe explained this in a thread yesterday. I'll try to find it.

Here's Cathe's quote from yesterday:

"Hi Milacik! If you were expecting Travel Fit to be a "mostly cardio" based workout I can completely understand your disappointment. Travel Fit was just a bonus workout given for free to those who preordered the Shock Cardio workouts....it is NOT part of the Shock Cardio series. Actually, I originally didn't have any cardio in it and decided to put it in later to keep the overall heart rate somewhat elevated to accompany the toning segments and increase the fat burning effects. It was originally just going to be a solid toning "band burner" workout."

Last edited:
I feel the same way about Circuit Blast. Felt a little burn in my legs after a couple of the exercises, but the intensity just wasn't there. I was disappointed. Maybe Insanity spoiled me too.

I love the variety too. I think Cathe designed these so there were some easy days for recovery from the high intensity days. The body will then be shocked even more after the lighter days of workouts. It's all good in my opinion.

Susan

I'm sure I'll keep Travel Fit, but I'll consider it more of a "light" strength workout instead of a circuit and will schedule it just for easy days. I definitely need to figure out the right band to use for next time though. I knew Travel Fit wasn't designed to be a cardio workout, but I'm used to Cathe's strength workouts feeling almost like cardio because of my heart rate and the sweat factor.

This morning I did my first HiiT (30/30) and said when it was over..."now that's more like it!!!" Can't wait to try 40/20.

I think of this as the perfect travel fitness companion -- something to get you moving on vacation/travel when you don't have all your usual equipment (step, weights, etc.) & time, but want to keep up your fitness routine. Just stick the DVD & band in your bag & go!

I think TF combined with a long walk on the beach is the perfect vacation workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.