Transportation To & From Airport

NancyAZ

Cathlete
I am looking into the cost/benefits of flying rather than driving to the hotel. Has anyone who is flying in discovered the best way to get to the hotel?

Nancy,

Are you talking about either flying to San Diego from Arizona or driving? I would suggest you look at mapquest to get a feel of driving time to give you a good feel of driving time and fuel consumption vs flying. San Diego airport is roughly a 20 minute drive to the hotel.

More clearly-worded question...

Yeah, I guess I wasn't real clear. Sorry about that.:eek: I originally planned to drive from Tucson to San Diego. But now I'm thinking about flying. One of the considerations, though, is transportation between the airport and the hotel. I was wondering how other people who are flying to San Diego are getting back and forth between the airport and the hotel so that I could check into the cost. Thanks for replying!

I would check with the hotel; but the two options I can think of off the top of my head are:
1) get a taxi; should cost approx $40 each way.
2) take Cloud 9 Shuttle http://www.supershuttle.com; cost is much less; more like $25 each way.

Thanks!

I did check the hotel Website and saw nothing about transportation other than directions to the property, but do plan to call and confirm. The shuttle info is what I was hoping to learn about. Thanks again.

I did check the hotel Website and saw nothing about transportation other than directions to the property, but do plan to call and confirm. The shuttle info is what I was hoping to learn about. Thanks again.

Let us kow what you find out, Nancy!

Yes, do go to the Cloud 9's web site. I used to use them all the time going to/from home and airport but now use taxi as I would rather have point-to-point service vice getting a tour of various neighborhoods as they pick up/drop off people at their homes. Anyway, Could9's shuttles are clean and similar in pricing to Rapid Rover for our NJ road trips. In other words, the more people in a reservation to a single destination, the cheaper the per person fare.

If you decide to use either a taxi or the shuttle, both are available at the same location; across the walkway near the short-term parking (regardless of you arriving in either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2).

Hope this helps.
Lorrayne

TRANSPORTATION TO HOTEL FROM AIRPORT

I called the hotel a few weeks ago and they recommended the Express Shuttle at 18009007433. They quoted a cost of $16.00 per person.

I haven't called to confirm that yet.

Ellen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.