Trader Joe's

Dallas, I was wondering how to spell "blek" when I posted, because it absolutely communicates how I felt when I tried some of these foods. So since it sounds like Schrek I figured blek, but I am glad to learn it is "blech." That looks right. Thanks!

I threw out the corn bread I bought, and the cookies are going next. It makes me feel so wasteful, having been brought up with the phrase, "Clean your plate! Don't you know there are starving people in the world!" I think it used to be "...in Ethiopia", but my awareness has been raised to understand that the issue is more global. Of course, it probably doesn't include the starving models and actresses who look like bobble head dolls, but I digress.

I am also a huge fan of their peanut butter -- it's the best!

I also love their taboule, the frozen Chicken Masala entree, their cashews, almonds & pistachios, artichoke and roasted red pepper tapenade, orange chicken (my kids LOVE that!), goddess dressing, spicy thai peanut sauce and I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting. Love that place!!

My husband and I shop at Trader Joe's so much we just call it "Trader's." The San Francisco Trader Joe's stores are always totally packed with people - one store literally employs its own traffic conductor because the streets around the store get so clogged. Everyone here loves it but there is definitely some stuff that's bad. We've had terrible luck with the frozen fish that comes pre-seasoned. The cajun-style is especially abhorrent. Stick with the regular frozen fish.
-Caroline

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.