ToughMudder Events....

kswjetski

Cathlete
I am offically signed up for a Tough Mudder Event with a group of people. I am comming off the couch. What would you al suggest to get me in shape for this event in Sept. 2014. I have alot of Cathe DVDs that are sitting on the shelf.:eek:

Thank you
Krista

Congratulations, how exciting! My husband and some friends did it a few months ago - they had a great time. I would have loved to participate in it but my body can be a wreck at times so I opted out.

One thing I know is that you will need awesome GRIP strength; look up Grip Strength exercises online and you will find a ton of info. For example, tie a towel around a dumbbell and lift the dumbbell using the towel as a handle. Also, you'll want to work on your PULL up strength. Naturally, strengthen your calves, legs, and glutes - and be sure to stretch... lots of people's calves cramped up on them while they were doing the course; that could depend on the terrain, though, I'm not really sure.

I'm sure other Mudders here will have great advice for you!
Good luck! You'll do great!

Do you run already? You might try some trail running to help you get used to running off road. I haven't done a tough mudder myself, but I have heard about them on podcasts. It seems like doing running plus the bootcamp style workouts would be a good idea.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Congrats on taking the plunge to do a Tough Mudder!! I did the Warrior Dash last year and among my usual workouts I added in running and focused on upper body a little more to prepare me for the run and the obstacles. Like RapidBreath said, doing some trail running should help as well. Good luck in your training. Be sure and let us know how it goes in September. I'm too chicken to try a Tough Mudder but I definitely want to plan another WD!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.