Totally off topic - Kanye??

jcm

Cathlete
I don't even know what this guy sings - couldn't name ONE song. But what is his problem?? All I know is he ruined some award moment for Taylor Swift and is now mad she hasn't come to his defense, then talks about record sales. To me he's another example how this society takes no responsibility for itself!! Uggggh!

Kanye is an extremely talented, accomplished artist. He deserved every award he has gotten since he hit the music scene many years ago. Along with that talent comes a massive ego :D. His need for attention got worse when his mom passed away a few years ago. His fans (including myself) are used to his antics and when he acts out we all just sigh and say 'there goes Kanye acting a fool - again' :rolleyes:.

I listened to samples of his new album today on amazon, since Entertainment Weekly rated it an A, and I have to say, it is decidedly not my thing. He seems an angry, conflicted man with an over-exaggerated sense of his own importance and a tenuous grip on reality. Less money and unnecessary dental work and more talk therapy (of the not-aired-on-TV-kind) might be just the ticket!

Clare

When I read another headline of Kanye's antics, I say to myself that he is prime example of this generations narcissistic personality. It's sad....

Looking at the mixed reviews of KW on this thread reminds me of the (ironic) assertion from Woody Allen's "Bullets over Broadway": "the artist creates his own moral universe."

Discuss.

Clare

I know I will totally get flamed but he is an arrogant, egotistic idiot....Done!

Looking at the mixed reviews of KW on this thread

What mixed reviews? what flaming? we all say he has a giant ego.

He really is talented though. Not feeling his new album however. Older ones were better. In comparison to the "antics" of other celebrities ( cocaine possession, beating up your girlfriend, drunk driving, illegal gun possession, destroying hotel rooms) Kanye is pretty tame.

I listened to samples of his new album today on amazon, since Entertainment Weekly rated it an A, and I have to say, it is decidedly not my thing. He seems an angry, conflicted man with an over-exaggerated sense of his own importance and a tenuous grip on reality. Less money and unnecessary dental work and more talk therapy (of the not-aired-on-TV-kind) might be just the ticket!

Clare

PERFECTLY stated!

What mixed reviews? what flaming? we all say he has a giant ego.

He really is talented though. Not feeling his new album however. Older ones were better. In comparison to the "antics" of other celebrities ( cocaine possession, beating up your girlfriend, drunk driving, illegal gun possession, destroying hotel rooms) Kanye is pretty tame.

Well said!!

I really enjoy Kanye's music. As far as his personality, it doesn't matter to me. As long as he isn't out hurting other people or going all Mel Gibson, I don't care. Arrogance and anger are pretty typical of his genre. He's very talented and great for running.

he is an arrogant, egotistic idiot...

I have to agree. I used to like Kanye’s music, but I find his behavior so bizarre and tacky, it’s sort of turned me off from his talent. I have no interest in hearing the new record.

The thing with the awards show & Taylor Swift was classless. For him to complain now that Taylor didn’t come to his “defense” and instead “rode the wave, and rode it and rode it” is just absurd. He ruins HER night and expects her to defend him?? IMO he not only needs a new publicist, he also needs professional help. The guy is off the rails.

Not usually a Kanye fan, BUT I'm a huge Bon Iver (Justin Vernon) fan. That said, I'm really enjoying the "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" album.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.