Torontonians - little help?

morningstar

Cathlete
Hi fellow Torontonians,

I am trying to find a good fitness store downtown that sells weighted vests. All I can find are sporting stores that focus on sports rather than fitness and none of them have them. Fitness Depot has them, but they are way too expensive and too far away. I am trying to avoid shopping online for a vest; the shipping costs are insane. I am hoping to find a 30-40lb one. How come downtown Toronto has so few fitness stores, I wonder? Places like Canadian Tire and Coast Mountain Sports have such a small fitness selection. Any suggestions you have would be great.

By the way, could it GET much freakin' colder?

Arwenlong:
I think there is a fitness store around Avenue Road called Physical Assets. I haven't been there but it might be worth a try. HTH!

Oh, and i don't think it could get much colder.:p

I was just at Costco website and they have weighted vests and it looks like S&H is included. Maybe check them out. Look under sports and Fitness, then strength.
Hope it helps
Sherry

Hi Arwenlong,
It seems the place i mentioned in my earlier post is more for fitness equipment like treadmills etc. Sorry!

Sorry, I have racked my brain and came up with nothing. Isn't it frustrating!!! Fitness Source is most likely the only place. Call them first to make sure they have them in the store IF you decide to get it there.

Enough snow for me !

I was just at Costco website and they have weighted vests and it looks like S&H is included. Maybe check them out. Look under sports and Fitness, then strength.
Hope it helps
Sherry

Sherry, you rock! I have ordered the Costco vest. Thank you so much - seriously!

Well, it's not very comfortable, but it is usable. I don't know if I'd order it again, but it does the trick for now.

Hi all,
I am not in Toronto but an hour north of it, and you have no snow compared to what we have:p Just wanted to say hi, and hopefully it will warm up soon!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.