TOO MUCH INFORMATION

wonderwoman

Cathlete
With all the information that's out there about health food and workouts does anyone ever become overwelhmed with it all????
I am very grateful for all information out there that is available to us with the internet and how quickly we can get it but sometimes it's just too much when it comes to fitness and diet.
I find that I am having a hard time sticking to one rotation because of all cathe dvd's that I have. I may start one and then see another one and say oh that one looks good and then start that one. So it's been kind of hard for me to see results because of this back and fourth. Should I do STS total body or gym styles or STS????
One week I'm no carbs the next I'm doing moderate carbs then no dairy then ok only 2 dairy servings a day....
Protein shakes??? whole another subject...I read milk is also good for a post drink after a workout so really ehat gives?????

I totally hear you Wonderwoman. We are inidated with too much information going one direction and one going the other direction. Should I do low fat or low carb? Do eggs and better raise my cholestorol? Is yoga cardio? Is pilates resistance training? I know! It's so much....
But here's what I believe: I believe every BODY is different and each of us have different needs and different likes. And so I think our job is figure out which foods work best with our bodies, which ones don't lead to bloating, fatigue, migraines, weight gain, constipation as those are all indications that the body does not work well with that food. Each of our bodies is a scientific experiment and we have to figure out which nutrients make us feel good and which do not. How do you feel on low carb? If you feel great, feel lean, feel more energized then maybe that's the way for you to go. However, someone else may feel lethargic, irritable, etc on low carb, so they may need extra carbs. No one diet or nutrition advice works for one person because we are all so different. Beyond that, if you don't like carbs, why eat them? Or if you don't like protein shakes, don't waste your time on them despite how they work for others Life is about finding balance and enjoying what short life we have to live, and so for me, I don't waste time with foods that don't work with my body or that I don't enjoy. I focus on the healthy foods that work with my body and that taste good to my tongue and then I feel the effects of a heathy body and a healthy attitude!
Beyond that, do what you love, when it comes to exercise. Yah, there's alot out there, but if you don't love it, you won't stick with it. So find something that you love and do it everyday! Life is too short to suffer through boring elliptical workouts when you could be playing tennis with a buddy, or doing STS and letting Cathe kick your butt! (That's always fun!) And along with that, do what is a challenge to you and that you love. If you've done a little of this and a little of that, but never allowed yourself to become really strong in one area by further challenging yourself, then you are missing out on truly seeing the body changing benefits of challenging your muscles.
I hope that brings you some relief in a world of diet books, extreme workouts, nutrition advice and tips. Do what you love, eat what you love and what your body loves too, respect yourself with healthy foods and healthy activities and love to life (instead of to death).

Thank you Jodelle for taking the time out and responding to my post. I have read many if not all of the post you have written to others on the forum and you seem to be so full of knowledge. You are so right I do have to find what works for me and whats going to keep me working out and keep me eating well. I also have to remind myself that I'm not a fitness competitor that I am a regular woman who just wants to be healthy in this crazy world of convenience.
Thanks again! Have a great day
Lilly

You too girlie! In this crazy information world, we fitness junkies have to stick together and stick to the plan!:) I'm here for ya...

Wonderwoman,

I've been thinking the same thing these past few weeks, especially when you feel you're eating healthy and exercising regularly, but not seeing the results you think you should get. Then you wonder, maybe it's my thyroid, or am I going through peri-menopause (I'm 45), so all these things go on in my head. I totally get you on the workout thing. I may start with Cathe's workouts then half way through find myself doing some other rotation.

And for nutrution don't get me started; I've never really been fond of eggs, but alot of people say eat egg whites for breakfast, and protein shakes, I happened to mention it to my brother who is a fitness guru and he says "why not whole food protein such as eggs, lean protein. I get so confused and am getting tired. Then I hear people talk about their success on WW, Nutrisystem, and think maybe I should give it a try.

I'm overwhelmed too!! TMI

OMG! Nspire, I even thought it was my birth control pills that were making me retain some water pounds! I also thought about thyroid and pre menopause and a bunch of other things too. I so happy I'm not alone. It's just crazy to think that we really have no control over what we put in our bodies because when you come to think of it everything has been processed in some form or another. From the air we breathe to the soap we use. SMH!
I just read something cant remember where but it said that the chemical that is put in soda to give it the color may cause cancer. I'm not really a big soda drinker but still. I always believed that cancer was genetic and you were only at risk if someone in your family had it. Now I see with all the chemicals everywhere and in everything can cause it tooo. I try to eat as clean as possible but sometimes I will have those occasional lean cuisine or smart ones which I LOVE!
So anyway what I decided to do was pick one cathe series that she has produced and do the rotation that she has created for that series. For ex. This monday I will start the body blast series which includes SB KPC SJP PP SS LG. I found the rotation for it which is Dec 2003 and then the following month I will pich another series I'm thinking maybe the STS total body series. As far as eating is concerned I will change it up each week no starchy carbs mon thru thurs then lighten up fri sat and then sunday have a full cheat meal wine included!
Have a great weekend and stay safe with this hurricane coming!

If I had the body blast series I would do it with you, but I only have KPC/LG from that series. When I found Cathe, I just ordered videos here and there. I dont own an actual series, but am thinking about purchasing STS and the new Low Impact. I know all her DVD's are good, but some can be a bit pricey.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.