Tom's engaged!

dss62467

Cathlete
Did you see the news? Tom has proposed to Katie. She's a lucky girl and they're so cute together. I really don't get the whole "publicity stunt" theory. Tom definitely doesn't need it and both movies look like they'd get a lot of attention anyway. As a Sci-Fi and Batman fan, I'm looking forward to them both.

I just heard about this too. I'm not quite sure I'm convinced it's not a publicity thing yet, but I don't even care if it is. I like both of them and if it's real, great for them, if it's fake...oh well. What harm has it done? It's better than being bombarded by Paris Hilton everywhere you look!
Brandi;-)

I'm not sure why people are interested in the lives of other people we don't even know and the fact that any opinion we could have of them is only formed by the media, but that's just me!

I'm not really that interested in celebrity lives. But Tom Cruise has always been one of my favorite actors and famous people, so I'm glad for him.

Om not really interested in starts lives either but least of all - those two's haha. It kinda creeped me out when she was interviewed when she was 17, she mentioned something er another about him being her dream guy

YUCKKKK... it gives me the creeps.... Hmmm... wonder what he is trying to hide!

Read an interesting thing about how he now has his sister for PR person....

I'm with you, I think it's creepy too. Tom bugs me a bit with his scientology advice and badmouthing some more traditional methods. It's okay to have your opinion but speaking out with no professional medical training is a bit too much.

Donna! As level-headed as you always seem to be, this must be your weakness. Good grief! His performance on the Oprah show was way too weird. Anyway, I'm more worried about Jessica Simpson divorcing Nick Lache. Yes, she's beautiful, and Yes! he's the only married man I would cheat with! As far as Tom & Kate, well... yawn..

Marla;-)

Hi Ladies,

I didn't see the Oprah show, so thanks for the pics. I guess he's in love this time??? This is going to be his 3rd marriage. I think he was married to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman. Nicole seems like such a warm, beautiful, loving person, and he couldn't seem to make it work with her. So, frankly, I don't get it.

Anyone who is married for any length of time knows it takes work. So why is it so right for him this time? Did he say on Oprah? And they've been dating for how long???

YOU gals are right...this doesn't affect our lives personally. I just get tired of this "throw away" attitude of celebrities.

And you know what, I"M SO SICK of seeing Paris Hilton everywhere too!!!!!!
:-(

Marla and lisaannjam,

I'm with you. I am so sick of Tom Cruise. I also think something isn't quite right with him.

Here's is lineup: Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruise, Katie Holmes. They get progressively younger (Mimi's actually older than Tom).

He's really an @ss in my book.

GAG!

I am so FREAKING sick of Tom and Katie! It seems like every entertainment show that comes on has one of them gushing about how "amazing" (same word every time) the other is.

They've been going out together for not much more than a month. I think it's just the hormones and great sex talking (though I don't know why Katie would think of adopting Tom's odd-ball religion--what is that one invented by that Science Fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard?--just for sex or status).

I used to love Tom Cruise. Then he left Nicole Kidman for Penelope Cruz and Nicole Kidman even lost his baby. Now I roll my eyes every time I see him. I'm so sick of celebrities mixing their private lives with their public ones. If he has a family with her I hope they have healthy kids because he doesn't believe in doctors.

I always liked Tom Cruise, but after that Oprah show I was really turned off by anything having to do with him. My dh was watching the MTV awards and Katie presented, I think, a life time achievement award. I'm not sure. I was too busy watching them interact, to see if it's fake or not. She pounded on the ground, too. I was like, oh brother. Here we go again.

They do look cute together, but let's see how long this one lasts.

BTW ~ DH and I went to the late show to see Batman Begins. What an awesome movie. It's the best Batman movie by far. Definitely, not for kids. There's some gruesome parts in there. Batman was quite the hunk! }( What's that guy's name anyway?

Dallas

Batman was quite the hunk! }( What's that guy's name
>anyway?
>
>Dallas

That's Christian Bale, I think. He's played a variety of diverse roles, including the lead in "American Psycho." (He plays "troubled" quite well).

You know Marla, I saw Tom on Oprah and I couldn't stop thinking the same thing: He is not right...he's ill or desperate for something, not neccesarily someone.

Does anyone remember the way poor Oprah looked when he repeatedly got up and took her shoulders to emphasize...what? Joy? excitement? I dunno, looked like Oprah didn't know what to make of him either. I was really uncomfortable for her.

Time will tell. deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.