Tom's engaged!

We chatted about this today at work and my gay male co-worker called Katie 'the beard' that Tom will hide behind for now. After all of these years, marriages, children and relationships Tom can seem to shake the whispers that he's 'playing for the other team'. I couldn't care less either way, just wanted to share:)

Take Care
Laurie

IMHO - I think he's finally lost it or he's hiding "something." I wish they'd hurry up and get married or break up so I can stop seeing him act ridiculous on TV. I hate his laugh/smile. It's so exaggerated. Grow up, Tom. I used to like him when I was a teenager but he gets on my nerves now.

Laurie, me too! I couldn't care less, but I have believed for a long time he plays for the other team. I am so nonjudgemental, just don't lie.

Marla

I'm really out of the loop - who is the new fiance and what does she do/has she done? I'm not a big Tom fan - he's always seemed a little insincere and fake to me (not that I know him, really, this is just my impression from a few interviews over the years) He seemed to have talent awhile back, but I lost interest and have only seem him in movies that I was seeing due to another actor or something that I liked.

So what did he do on Oprah that was so weird?

I worked in the entertainment biz for many years and the scuttlebutt was that he absolutely played for the other team. Who knows, right? I will say though that it always seems like he's trying too hard, romantically speaking, what with all the lovebird publicity he so pointedly provides.

Sigh. Hollywood makes me tired.

Sparrow

Sure seems that way. Agree he is just trying a bit too hard. Funny seems this whole charade has more people thinking he is gay, where before noone was really focusing on it.

I must admit I follow gossip (my one vice!) so this was fun to watch happen. I just wonder if the timing was because someone is going to try to out him.

Yes it certainly does seem very contrived.

>I'm really out of the loop - who is the new fiance and what
>does she do/has she done?

Katie Holmes is mostly known for playing one of the leads on Dawson's Creek. She did a few movies (some "aliens are taking over our teachers" movie, where she went against her squeaky-clean, "girl-next-door" image by wearing piercings and tattoos and playing a "bad girl," most recently, the new Batman movie....I can't think of anything she's done in-between. I think she's getting more recognition as Tom's fiancée than for anything else!)

The entertainment media is referring to the two of them as "TomKat" (insert eyeroll here!).

I'm too old to have been a fan of Dawson's Creek but first saw Ms. Holmes in the movie 'Pieces of April'. My daughters and I enjoyed it very much, it's a good chick flick.

Take Care
Laurie

p.s. I second that eyeroll!:+

edited for grammer and spelling

Thanks for the link Barbara, Tom's comments were brutal. With all due respect to him and his lovely family, I believe that his kids are adopted which is wonderful but would negate him observing first hand the vortex of hormonal activity occurring in a postpartum mother. I'm still shaking my head at his comments......they sound like something from the 19th century.

Take Care
Laurie:)

>Im Sorry but I lost all respect for Tom since he got into a
>war with Brooke Shield about her taking medicence for her
>postpartum depression. I've been where Brooke is. Here is a
>link about it http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/10811

I personally think that using non-drug therapies is preferable and useful in cases WHEN IT WORKS, but it doesn't always work (as I've found with having to take Prednisone for poison ivy reactions). T.C. is so off-base here. What business is it of his? And how tacky to take a jab at Brooke (that "look at where her career is now" commment.) What kind of "religion" spawns this kind of treatment of other people? I think it's all a part of his self-promotion (And maybe he's gotten to the point where he's SO popular, and SO famous he thinks of himself as "better than mere mortals." )

You know, maybe Tom is as whacked-out as Michael Jackson, but nobody notices it (not even when he's jumping on sofas and such) because he doesn't LOOK weird the way MJ does.

As for which team he plays for, does anyone really care nowdays? Aren't a lot of Hollywood types--even from the very beginning of Hollywood-- bi-sexual anyway?

Oh my god! I'd never heard his comments about Brooke Shields before! Talk about arrogant! With comments like that I'd say Nicole Kidman is one lucky gal to be divorced from him.

As for does anyone really care, I'd say yes, and those anyones are Tom Cruise and his "people." I'd say they care alot. Tom Cruise is the top movie star in the world. That would end if he came out. But I don't think the average person cares that much.

Does Scientology forbid homosexuality?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.