Tom Cruise on Oprah

cwsoxfan

Cathlete
Did anyone see Tom Cruise on Oprah? Did you think he was a little over the top? I mean, I'm happy for him because OBVIOUSLY he's never been this happy. Poor Nicole, I think. I really, really like him, but he was kind of getting on my nerves. I was in the middle of my run on the treadmill this morning and I didn't want to stop to change the channel.

Maybe he's just giddy in "new" love???? He even jumped on Oprah's couch!

Dallas

I'm watching it now, and his laugh is really getting on my nerves - but I'm still watchin'!

Tammy

I'm watching it too. Ever since I heard he's dating Katie Holmes I've been in shock. She's my age and I would never date someone as old as Tom Cruise, but then again he's Tom Cruise...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That was the craziest interview...or lack thereof, I should say ;) Honestly, I didn't think Katie Holmes was all that (in terms of acting) and you would have thought you were going to meet Ghandi or something. Tom does seem pretty genuine w/ feelings so it is nice to see that REAL side of someone, but I think they needed another hour to talk about other stuff!

Debbie

I forgot to watch..I wanted to see if they are engaged or not. Are they? I'll have to check the recap on "Extra"...the short version will be much easier to stomach!

Wow, I just watched it and thought it was so uplifting. I thought it was a great interview and I can't wait to see the movie. I like all that mushy stuff.

Debbie

Hmmm, I didn't see it but I saw the previews and nearly gagged from the sugary syrup! I think it's all propaganda for both of them. They may be dating, but I don't think he's really that gaga over her. Or as DH says, he's old enough to know better.
Plus, how many times has he announced to the world how truly in love he is since he split up with Nicole, who was his second wife BTW. I think he has issues, like half the rest of them in Hollywood.

I used to kind of, sort of, think he was cool but now he gags me. I think he is nearly old enough to be her father for crying out loud....nearly. How would you like to be a dad and meet a man only a few years younger who is smarming on your daughter.

As previously said by someone...Tom is old enough to know better.

>Plus, how many times has he announced to the world how truly
>in love he is since he split up with Nicole, who was his
>second wife BTW. I think he has issues, like half the rest of
>them in Hollywood.
>
Well, it seems like things have come full circle. His first wife was Mimi Rogers, who was older than he was by, what , 15 years or so? Now he's got a girlfriend who's younger than him by 20+ years.

I watched it but couldn't tell if he was fakin' it or not a little bit? I wonder if he is just being so "giddy" so that all the girls think "ohh....Tom is sooooo sweet....I want to go see his movie!!?"

anything to get attention for his new movie....considering the lack of box office his most recent endeavors have seen...;-)

You know, Dallas, I thought the exact same thing. I actually said to my dh, "He's a bit dramatic, don't you think?" He was acting so weird and he was getting on my nerves as well. I also seen an interview with him this morning on the WB and it was the same thing. He was all giddy and bragging about Katie (is that her name) like she was a goddess or something. Yeesh!!!
Debbie in OH

I use to like Tom Cruise, but I think he is so much in love with himself to be in love with anyone else. JMHO. That is just not attractive. Glad I miss that show

Charlotte~~

I agree with you Charlotte. I cannot stand him. Everything he does is for publicity to better his image and just for himself. Not that I know him. Not that I ever will, even so I shouldn't be judging him. But something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

Missy

I can't believe you posted this. I was watching that with my hubby and mother and I asked my hubby....do you like him? I just don't like him and I don't know why. My hubby said he is always "performing" and he is "too much" ...."over the top"....etc.

We agreed on this. I don't know ...perhaps he's a good guy...but I just can't wrap my head around it.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought he was over the top. You know I still think of Tom Cruise in some of his earlier movies and that's when I Iiked him. After seeing this interview, I'm not sure if I would call him one of my favorites anymore.

I know another poster had said maybe he was acting like that so all the girls think he's so sweet and run out to his movie. I'm not so sure I'll be first in line.

Why do all the Hollywood people have to change and start acting so weird? :-(

Have a good day!

Dallas

I quicly set my tivo to record it after seeing this post yesterday. I watched it later and not only did I find Tom annoying but Oprah as well. If she said "gone" one more time I was going to scream! She fed right into him IMHO. I could stomach only so much of it. I fast forwarded to where they brought Katie out. Of course he is "IN LOVE" she is adorable and gives him eye candy to have on his arm.

Terri

I saw about the first fifteen minutes and he appears to me to be very in love with himself. He is a father with little children and flits from relationship to relationship. I'm sure his kids, if they are old enough, would be quite embarrassed by his behavior. This latest girlfriend looks like a teenager to me. He seems immature emotionally to me...I don't know, I just don't get him.

So obviously a publicity stunt to promote their new summer films. I don't buy it for a second! Anyone who is happy and in love does not feel the need to try to convince anyone of it. x(

I love that Spielberg remade "War of the Worlds".

I totally HATE that he put Tom Cruise in it. x(

I didn't watch Oprah, but I have seen snippets of other interviews with him where the "I'm so happy" persona is borderline psychotic.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.