Toe issue

binky2017

Cathlete
Everytime I do any kind of cardio my foot starts to hurt and I have to stop and take a brief break. I think my little toes are curling in my sneaker! It there any way/thing I can do to stop this? I don't know why my toes started doing this but it's really putting a cramp in my aerobics.

Thanks,
Becky

Interesting. How well do your shoes fit? Could it be that you are mis-sized?

Or, could you try taping the little toe to the next toe to try to stop it from curling? I'm not sure if this is a good thing to do, but it seems like it may help. If anyone else knows of a reason not to do this, please chime in!

Tricia

Hi Becky! It is hard to know what is causing this as it can be so very many things. If it just started happening, check your shoes and make sure you have the proper size, proper support, proper fit, and proper socks. Also evaluate your diet and make sure you are getting enough potassium as a lack of can cause cramping in muscles.

Outside of going to a doctor, to help with discomfort, stretch your feet for 5 minutes before and after you workout. You might even want to get a foot massage a couple of times a week.

If it has been hurting for a while now it could be the onset of plantar fascitis, a stress fracture or any other overuse injury making a presense. Best bet is to punch in your symptoms on google and see if you can get more info for your particular issue.

Hopefully this helps get the ball rolling on getting you some answers.

Everytime I do any kind of cardio my foot starts to hurt and I have to stop and take a brief break. I think my little toes are curling in my sneaker! It there any way/thing I can do to stop this? I don't know why my toes started doing this but it's really putting a cramp in my aerobics.

Thanks,
Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.