tips for last five pounds

nsaeolian

Cathlete
I got to a lovely weight for me last Spring, but lately have been having trouble returning to it. At that time, I was on a very low-sugar plan for yeast overgrowth in my body, and have been trying to stick close to that since I was able to go off that diet, but maybe I've been allowing a bit too much fat etc. instead. Although when I was on the Yeast plan, I ate pretty much what I wanted anyway and still lost weight.

Any tips? I still go to WW even though I'm 15 lbs. below the goal I originally set that was near the top of my range, but I don't know if all that free fruit is a blessing or a curse to my system with the new program. ha ha.

I am 5'1" and right now weigh 115. Last Spring I was 112 for the first time since High School or college , I'm now 49.

Have you kept a food log for at least 3 days in which you weight and measure EVERYTHING that passes your lips? Sometimes just eyeballing gives you too many extra cals even if you don't think you are eating that much.

Have you switched up your workout plan lately? If not, do something completely different to shock your body a bit. Or, if you have been working out for a long time, sometimes taking a week off is what your body needs to kickstart itself again.

Finally, i know fruit is good for you but too much of it is just as bad as eating lots of sugar. I know when I eat more then 2 servings of fruit a day, my body holds on to extra pudge. Cut back on your fruit for a while and see what happens.

I hope this helps a little.

I got to a lovely weight for me last Spring, but lately have been having trouble returning to it. At that time, I was on a very low-sugar plan for yeast overgrowth in my body, and have been trying to stick close to that since I was able to go off that diet, but maybe I've been allowing a bit too much fat etc. instead. Although when I was on the Yeast plan, I ate pretty much what I wanted anyway and still lost weight.

Sounds like that plan last year really worked for you. Why don't you go back and do exactly the same plan again? Did you keep food logs - might be helpful for reminding yourself of exactly what you ate then?

I'm doing WW too and I definitely can't have unlimited fruit - same problem as kariev.

Stebby

I know you posted this back in Feb so I hope you've gotten rid of those last few pounds. I agree w/ the other girls...you should only have two servings of fruit a day and most of your diet needs to be made up of lean protein and veggies (5-6 servings a day).

Tosca Reno's latest book, Stripped is specifically about getting rid of the last, stubborn 10 lbs so it may be a good one to check out.

I guess I must be one of the few lucky ones. I joined WW 5 weeks ago and have lost 5.5 pounds on it so far and I've been eating TONS of fruit! I probably eat 4 servings a day: I always eat a piece of fruit as my post work snack early in the morning and then about 3 more through out the day to help curb hunger. I eat mostly bananas, apples, grapes and all types of berries. Not sure if the type of fruit you eat would make a difference. I know that bananas have always gotten a bad rap but they've never done me any harm and that's great cause I love them! :)

Last edited:
I guess I must be one of the few lucky ones. I joined WW 5 weeks ago and have lost 5.5 pounds on it so far and I've been eating TONS of fruit! I probably eat 4 servings a day: I always eat a piece of fruit as my post work snack early in the morning and then about 3 more through out the day to help curb hunger. I eat mostly bananas, apples, grapes and all types of berries. Not sure if the type of fruit you eat would make a difference. I know that bananas have always gotten a bad rap but they've never done me any harm and that's great cause I love them! :)

Hi, I will start tomorow but I dont know how?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.