time spent daily workout

thinsgreat

Cathlete
just wondering how much time you spend working out daily=== i avg. 1.5 hours /day, one day off...also curious how many days you do cardio ,,, i try to do it at least 4 days/week... i really am not a big cardio fan but believe it's one of those things you just
'got ta do'.

Unlike a lot of other Catheites on this forum, Im not a cardio junkie at all..

I typically workout (with weights only) 1-2 hours, depending on my ambition that day and how many body parts I feel like doing.

I have skate practice twice a week for two hours so that's my limit for the cardio :O)

I try to work out for an hour sometimes I may go over by 10 min or so, but no more than that. I follow Cathe's rotations religiously but 5 days only. I do cardio at least 2-3 times a week depending on the rotation. I was one of those people that thought cardio was the key to stay slim, but guess what- it was the weights that changed my body.-Lisa

Hi Lisa,

For me too, it was the weight training that changed my body!

Especially after having 3 babies, cardio alone was just not the answer:)

Now as a PT you would not believe how many cadio junkies there
are out there still. I do my best always to help promote the benifits of weight training.

Can't wait to meet you are you still coming up Thursday to RT??

Don't forget that heart rate monitor and your nursing kit they
may prove invaluable :eek: ;-)

Brigitte:) :)

I workout monday through friday for no more than 1 hr. Each day consists of weight training and/or cardio. Cardio time varies depending on the intensity. If i do sprints than cardio will be no more than 20 min. If its lower intensity steady state I will do 45min.

I try to work out at least 5 days per week, anywhere from 30 min to 1 1/2 hrs depending on what I'm doing. I'll do about 3-4 days of cardio, 2 leg days, and 1 upper body. I'll usually do a shorter cardio on a weight day or vice versa. I've been doing a lot of kickboxing lately for my cardio and will also add extra abs on those days.

I do something from Cathe six days a week, and that is mainly weight-lifting, split with Boot Camp and Kickboxing, then elliptical work. My *off* days are spent mountain or road biking.

I work out 6 days a week.

Typically I do one full body weight workout (like muscle max), another weight workout for just my upper body (like bodymax 2 arms - I'm pear shaped) and then a workout for just my lower body (I make this one hardcore, lately Butts & Gutts cardio blast or the entire gym style legs workout).

My cardio recipe is this... Start with some Imax 2, Low Max, Step Blast (for example) and throw in some steady state 5K runs for variety and top it off with some good old fashioned circuit workouts. Oh, and I usually alternate the cardio with the weights.

I also work my abs every other day or at least 3 days a week.

Do 20 pushups every other day.

I'm no expert by any means, but the past couple months this type of sequence has really been working for me ... but, I'm always looking to improve!

I exercise for an average of an hour per day, 6 days per week. Sometimes it goes longer and some times I only do a 20 minute work out. It varies. There are also times I won't take a rest day and times when I'll take more then one per week.

Right now I am doing 3 days of weights (kettlebells: 2 days of full body and 1 day of upper body only) and 3 days of cardio (mostly running).

Over the years I've done as many as 6 days of cardio and as few as 1 or 2. Weight training has run the gammit too from one body part per day to all sorts of splits as well as 3 f/b work outs.

It's good to change it up once in a while....:)

I spend about an hour on either cardio (Cardio Coach on the treadmill) or weight training for my upper body/abs, depending on what's on for the day. If I were truly being consistent I'd do this six or seven days a week but it's more like 4 days on/1 day off/3 days on/1 day off. I have consistency issues I need to work on. I'm having trouble balancing working a lot of hours, working out and getting enough rest. I'm one of those people who HAS to have eight hours of sleep every night and I can't just come home and drop into bed like I'd like. The house isn't going to clean itself. I used to think I was making excuses but any time I have time off (vacation at home, for instance) I get it all done. Work sure gets in the way. Still, I'm fairly consistent, considering.

> Can't wait to meet you are you still coming up Thursday
>to RT??

I live only 40 min to the club so I am driving friday morning if you still need that ride. I was going to the hotels to see if anyone needed a ride anyway. I can't wait to meet you to!!:)

I workout 6 days a week for 1 - 1½ hours per day

I usually do cardio 3 - 4 days per week and the other days weights.

On my rest day I usually end up doing some stretching.

Before my second batch of kids I did an hour/5-6 days per week. Now I am for 40-45 minutes MOST days of the week. I"m estatic with 5 days/week. I get depressed if I don't get at least 3 days/week. Literally----exercise is my antidepressant!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

worseenemy
I workout 6 days a week I have been following Cathe rotation.I do 1 1/2 hour every day and depends on the day I do 2 days cardio or so, Sunday off.
Eunice:) :) :) :)

>>>Literally----exercise is my antidepressant!<<<

I hear you on that one! Exercise is a known mood regulator! My scheduled rest days are fine but an unscheduled rest day can really send me into a downward spiral. It just happened on Friday as a matter of fact!

I do anywhere from 45 minutes on one of my cardio days to an hour and 1/2, if am doing weights plus abs. I'm one of those who does not do a lot of cardio, maybe 2, 2.5 hours per week. Weight training has transformed my body, keeps me slim, and I'm a lot less tired than when I was cardio intensive.

Sparrow

Between 1-4 hours usually broken up. I try to do 20 Minutes of pilates, followed by yoga. M,W,F-parts/cardio. T,T,S-full body/cardio. Then I am done. What I have noticed with pilates/yoga is I lift heavier and leaning out more. Now if I can just get rid of this belly and celluite, I'll be good to go!

Annette Bethel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.