Thursday 9:30am-10:30am coffee/tea break

Working out everyday

How do you feel about working out everyday, but not doing the same heavy-duty hardcore workout. Do you think it is okay to do something everyday, even if it is something light thrown in there? Love your workouts!

Hi Cathe,

Looking forward to the new workouts! I know Atlanta is one of the original cities you announced for your Eggland's Best Roadtrip. Do you know an approximate time frame (2011 or 2012) that you will be planning on coming here? Curious minds want to know:)

Thanks

I am SOOOO so so excited that you are coming to Atlanta!! My in-laws live there, and I told my husband we are all roadtripping when you set the date!!! I have no idea how you find the time to choreograph, film, develop fitness products, create rotations, teach, travel, visit with us online and be a mommy, but it's inspiring. And it is appreciated. Can't wait to meet you in Atlanta!! :)

Hi Kim! I usually keep my step moves more basic for the first 20 minutes to get a feel for the participants. Each road trip is different and some groups are more interested in step than others. So if I see a group is really into step I will start to add in some mambo's, chacha's triple steps around the corner, pony's corner to corner. shuffle down the board, etc. If they are not as into step choreography I will stay more basic with dynamic outer thigh moves and outer thigh around the world, and hop turns, repeaters , etc. No matter what, he needs not to worry, we have so many workouts that whole weekend that if step doesn't fully click with him he will surely get his game face on in another workout :D I can't wait to meet you both.

Thanks Cathe. My husband is not too worried about it. He said he can always sit that one out. I also told him to just modify. He liked that. He may be "modifying" that whole class. We are both really excited for the trip. We are driiving from Minnesota.

Kim

just another thank you. i'm new to this. loving the workouts. my family is all constantly hearing about them and these forums. working on quite the christimas list in my head lol. really looking forward to getting a step, hiit, kickboxing, and many others. i love that i can accomplish with you what i thought was impossible. and when i wanted to stay on the floor after the 2nd cycle doing abs in bootcamp, i got back up and you kept me going. you inspire us all! thanks so much.

Thank you for the sweet note Danielle!

I honestly don't know when we will be announcing the future road trip dates. But I do know they are heavily in the works and the next one should be announced soon.

Thanks for joining in today!

Fingers-crossed that Chicago is the next one announced ;) Looking forward to the new workouts!! They look great from the pictures!

Maria

Hello Krista! It is fine to use either one of those on your recovery week but please no more than one for the week (as opposed to the 3 to 4 you mentioned). More than that would be defeating the purpose of your recovery week. You want to enter the next Meso with a well rested mind and body.

In order to rid yourself of subcutaneous fat over the muscle, you need to really focus on your diet. Eat as clean as possible and drink about 1/2 to 3/4ths of a gallon of water a day. In one week (but eapecially two) you will see a huge difference making this change.

Good Luck!

Hello Cathe, I'm doing STS 3 1/2 month program now and tomorrow is my last workout for Meso 1. My lower body is strong but has too much "fat" under all that muscle. Would it be ok to use butts & gutts and/or gym style legs 3-4 times during my recovery week? Thank you!
Kristal

Hi Mom418! Thanks for joining me here. So happy to hear of your enthusiasm, energy, hard work and ongoing progress. Keep up the great job!

just another thank you. i'm new to this. loving the workouts. my family is all constantly hearing about them and these forums. working on quite the christimas list in my head lol. really looking forward to getting a step, hiit, kickboxing, and many others. i love that i can accomplish with you what i thought was impossible. and when i wanted to stay on the floor after the 2nd cycle doing abs in bootcamp, i got back up and you kept me going. you inspire us all! thanks so much.

(((((HUGS Akadia and Liann)))))) Thanks for stopping in Liann :D I have been thoroughly enjoying all of the pictures you update us with on FB. I can't wait for the day that I see a pic of her in her Cathe onesie! I'm framing that one! Akadia is an absolute cutie pie! Have a great day together.

Good morning Cathe! Akadia sends squeezy hugs. She is almost big enough for her Cathe onesie now. :)

So happy to see I didn't miss the coffee/tea party! Just made myself a cup and taking just a few-minute break. Busy day here and unfortunately a funeral tonight but couldn't let the day go by without saying Hi to you & to tell you how blessed I am with your friendship and all the many friendships I've made here on the forums and RT's! No question, just a HUGE Thanks Cathe for all you do for us. You make me smile!
24.gif

Congratulations to you Sarah!!! Hugs to your precious angel baby. I remember my first one and being with him every moment of the day at that age. Always playing, tickling, staring at him and just amazed at this little being that I created and brought into this world. I'm sure you are in that exact place right now. Enjoy every moment!

Hi Cathe,
Just wanted to let you know I love your work-outs. I'm now a new mom of a 3 month old beautiful baby girl & am having trouble squeezing regular work-outs in. It's been tough getting to the gym...but luckily I have a collection on wonderful Cathe videos!

I love the new downloads!

Sarah

Aw, thanks so much for those special words Deb. So happy to have you join us for a few minutes but so sad to hear of your funeral tonight. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Your warmth and friendship is precious!

So happy to see I didn't miss the coffee/tea party! Just made myself a cup and taking just a few-minute break. Busy day here and unfortunately a funeral tonight but couldn't let the day go by without saying Hi to you & to tell you how blessed I am with your friendship and all the many friendships I've made here on the forums and RT's! No question, just a HUGE Thanks Cathe for all you do for us. You make me smile!
24.gif

Hi Ivy! I personally always like to have just one day off to let the body rest, but as long as your weekly workouts are a mixed variety of intensity and on your 7th day you still feel energized and strong, go ahead and enjoy a seventh day. Also, no need to view your workout regime as a weekly effort (although this is most common). You could make your workout program span out over 8, 9, or 10 days before taking a day off if that works for you. For example you may want to do a 4 day weight split alternated with a 4 days of cardio before you take a rest day. Or on the flip side you might be so sore from a gicen workout that you can't even focus on giving a good performance the next day. In that case, you might want to consider making that ultra sore day your rest day. The key is listening to your body. If your body is screaming for rest, or you are seriously lacking energy, or if your sick, or on your cycle, etc., if your body isn't feeling it for some reason, regardless if its your rest day or not, consider making that day a rest day.

:D

UOTE=Ivy;2044681]How do you feel about working out everyday, but not doing the same heavy-duty hardcore workout. Do you think it is okay to do something everyday, even if it is something light thrown in there? Love your workouts![/QUOTE]

You are sweet Stephanie! Can't wait to meet you and your family in Atlanta!

I am SOOOO so so excited that you are coming to Atlanta!! My in-laws live there, and I told my husband we are all roadtripping when you set the date!!! I have no idea how you find the time to choreograph, film, develop fitness products, create rotations, teach, travel, visit with us online and be a mommy, but it's inspiring. And it is appreciated. Can't wait to meet you in Atlanta!! :)

What a neat question Morningstar! Personally I'm really fine with it. Maybe when I was younger and just starting out those things affected me on a more personal level but over the many years you really just develop a sense of what is a real or valid criticism vs what is contrived or simply put out there to be mean spirited and hurtful. In the latter case, the intent jumps out to me so obviously and I feel that the poster actually does more damage to themselves vs me with their obnoxious post (and of coure when this occurs I remove it because I don't support rude and mean spirited behavior on our forums).

There will always be critics out there, it comes with the territory. And the bigger you are, or become, the louder the critics become. I understand and accept that. At the end of the day, what matters (besides my family of course) is that I am happy with who I am, happy with what I have put out there and happy with what I keep putting out there.

Thanks for your support Morningstar :)

Hi Cathe,

I don't think my boss would understand it if I chatted with you and got paid for it, so I'm hoping to ask a question in advance. When you do so much, and have accomplished so much that no others have, how do you handle all the critics and naysayers that arise whenever you put out a new product? I don't really mean how do you handle it from a business sense, I mean more how do you react personally to it?

Hi Cathe!

It's really great to see you out here today! We know you've been super busy lately....doesn't stop us from missing you though! :)

You gearing up for Houston? See ya there!

Hello Krista! It is fine to use either one of those on your recovery week but please no more than one for the week (as opposed to the 3 to 4 you mentioned). More than that would be defeating the purpose of your recovery week. You want to enter the next Meso with a well rested mind and body.

In order to rid yourself of subcutaneous fat over the muscle, you need to really focus on your diet. Eat as clean as possible and drink about 1/2 to 3/4ths of a gallon of water a day. In one week (but eapecially two) you will see a huge difference making this change.

Good Luck!

Wow, Thank you so much for getting back to me! Have a great day!

Hi Cathe!! Thanks for all you do & thanks for the preorders!! Since discovering them I haven't missed one!! I look forward to the Atlanta roadtrip, I am definitely going to try to make that one since its so close to Orangeburg, SC!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.