Thunder Thighs

Stacy

Cathlete
I'm short and have big, chunky thighs. (I'd say I'm a meso/endo build, definitely not small boned) I have done heavy weights and it made my thighs bigger. I know ppl will say that shouldn't happen, but it does on my body. Yes they are strong but at this point in my life, I want to not look "husky" in pants. I do believe it is still possible to have stronger thighs yet still have them thinner. I've got my diet squared away so this post is about sharing any rotations (Cathe or non-Cathe) that helped streamline your thighs, especially for those of you with a similar build. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm short and have big, chunk thighs. (I'd say I'm a meso/endo build, definitely not small boned) I have done heavy weights and it made my thighs bigger. I know ppl will say that shouldn't happen, but it does on my body. Yes they are strong but at this point in my life, I want to not look "husky" in pants. I do believe it is still possible to have stronger thighs yet still have them thinner. I've got my diet squared away so this post is about sharing any rotations (Cathe or non-Cathe) that helped streamline your thighs, especially for those of you with a similar build. Thanks!
I have the same build as you. I would love to see some suggestions!

I'm short and have big, chunky thighs. (I'd say I'm a meso/endo build, definitely not small boned) I have done heavy weights and it made my thighs bigger. I know ppl will say that shouldn't happen, but it does on my body. Yes they are strong but at this point in my life, I want to not look "husky" in pants. I do believe it is still possible to have stronger thighs yet still have them thinner. I've got my diet squared away so this post is about sharing any rotations (Cathe or non-Cathe) that helped streamline your thighs, especially for those of you with a similar build. Thanks!
Have you seen Stamina 50, high rep. Something like that would be good. Tracy Anderson used to do some really high rep leg workouts too. Maybe I just saw those on youtube. Lately I've been looking into shorter ones, pilates-like, Madfit youtube, but she has many things on there, they are very short.

Another Thunder thigh here!

I saw improvement in my legs:
Back a few years ago when I didn't have knee discomfort/pain, I spent several months of doing lunges/squats/pliees with 12 and 15 lb dumbbells in my hands. And leg lifts with 2 to 5 lb ankle weights. Below my rear tapered in and the shape of my legs improved.

Another Thunder thigh here!

I saw improvement in my legs:
Back a few years ago when I didn't have knee discomfort/pain, I spent several months of doing lunges/squats/pliees with 12 and 15 lb dumbbells in my hands. And leg lifts with 2 to 5 lb ankle weights. Below my rear tapered in and the shape of my legs improved.

Curious, Lucia, how many times a week did you work your legs?

I am trying to get back in shape after a total hip replacement. Needless to say, I have a long way to go. ;-) But, heavy weights aren't working for me for lower body, so I'm only doing non-weighted exercises. I've been doing Fit Tower work outs, TurboBarre, To the Mat from ICE and I got OnDemand and started making my own work outs with chair bonuses (from Great Glutes, Lean Legs and Abs and Lower Body Blast). And there are many more, like the floor work from Gym Style Legs, etc.

It's working really well for me. I'm regaining strength and muscle tone and my legs are definitely shrinking. I'm not where I want to be yet, but this is working well and my doctor told me this week, "Whatever you're doing for your work outs, keep doing it because it's working for you and you're getting your functionality back."

Just a suggestion! I really like the variety, too. None of the sections are very long, so it makes the work out go by quickly for me. Good luck!

I work with a young woman with the perfect body....long slim muscular legs, arms, and ripped abs....but she can't walk without help....CP sucks. Be thankful for a healthy body and does what you want.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.