Those wonderful 40s

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi everyone

Couldn't see a thread so thought I'd get us started.

Lisa - thoughts and hugs to you and a big custard pie in the face for your sister :p
Have fun (as much as you can) with Maddy.
Glad you're not freezing any longer!

Murph - I looked at Lalofit on Collage, any good?

I'm back in the groove with workouts at last. Yesterday, I did 4DS legs and Med Ball abs. Today I'm doing Amy's In the Ring.

Bought myself a new dress on Friday: http://www.phase-eight.co.uk/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=200758732&redirect=true
It's ages since I bought any 'going out' clothes. I've done all my Christmas shopping so treated myself. :D

I wore it on Friday night to dinner with a friend and I'm going out again for dinner this Friday so will wear it again!

Have a good day everyone.

Hi All,

I think I caught Ronne's cold - thanks Ronne! I am feeling better but did not do anything since Friday. I hope to get back to doing something Wednesday or Thursday.

Ronne - nice dress. Those never look good on me, the hips and booty just throw everything out of whack! Lalofit is okay. I do feel it the next day but it is not a crazy-Cathe sore for days and days. It serves it purpose and I would not pay more thatn $15, maybe $20 for it. It is different and a nice change but that is it.

Hi to all who follow.

Murphy

Hi everyone, things have been a huge roller coaster here. We seriously thought we'd have to put Maddy down on Saturday (she hadn't really ate for a week and lost 1 lb in a week, tummy gurgles, lethargic). I was hoping the bloodwork would point to a problem that would justify how she was acting. Well, it didn't and the vet was really no help....he looked at the bloodwork and said the fluids were working. Never had any answers for her eating. We decided on our own to stop the fluids, give her all her favorite foods, walk her until she got to weak and then put her down. Slowly she started to show an interest in food and pepped up a bit (oh, I also put her on zantac as a last ditch effort for her tummy gurgles ---it was obvious she was sick since I heard it across the room over my DH's snoring Friday night). Then I started posting to my internet group and they pointed out that the stress of the fluids was probably affecting her appetite and her potassium (which is on the borderline of being high). They think she has addision's. Well, the test for that is $200 and this dog IS almost 13, with the turnaround I've seen in her, I think I'll just treat as if she has addison's (low stress ---even have to be careful about yelling at DH as she gets upset), and watch the potassium in her diet (she ate yams at t-giving which started her downhill spiral and those have twice the amount of potassium as potatoes. So, today, I'm happy to report she is almost back to her old self....still finicky on eating but at least she is eating. Oh, she also shows high liver enzymes now which can contribute to lack of appetite so my group told me what to give her...I have it on order now. My poor baby, so many organs starting to fail but if I can support her through diet/supplements I will. We also now know that no matter how bad her kidney numbers get in the future, fluids is not an option for us because of the stress it causes Madison and everything else that goes with that.

Whew....I hope I didn't bore you to tears! I hope to get around to personals this week when hopefully things will settle down!

I did gauntlet (first time) sunday ---- I did it with a heavy heart and didn't put my all into it which was perfect since it was the first time I've done it. Monday I only did some abs from ab circuits---weights and plate (I didn't make it through all the plates), and today I did Jari Love RTTC. So I'm trying to stay with it even with everything going on.

Ronne, cute dress! I can't wear red though, wish I could, I bet it looks nice!

Hi Murphy--you are a crazy woman with your workouts

I guess Mary is in Vegas right now.

Hi Leisa, you out there?

Did I miss anyone?

Hi all

Lisa - isn't the internet fantastic? It's amazing what you can find out. Here's hoping that things settle down for you and Maddy for a while now.

Murph - Sorry! :eek: Poor you! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Today I did MM Upper Body premix and Weights and plates abs. Trying to clear my desk before taking a break for Christmas so I better get back to it.

bye for now!

Hi all,

Feeling better today. I did not do any workouts, but am feeling better. I had a slight "relapse" the other day but I think I am over that hump. Of course DH was sick last night so let's hope we don't pass it around the house!

Lisa - glad to hear Maddy is feeling better. I hope she continues to eat all of your food! :)

Ronne - I love MM. It is one of my favorites. Well, I love most of my Cathe's so...

Murphy

Hi ladies!

Today I rode the spin bike for 35 min.

Murphy, hope this doesn't mean the illnesses start!

Ronne, The plates section is tough on that one....I can not do the pikes angling from side to side. I tried this one Monday, but by the time I got to plates, a headache started up, so I stopped.

Have a good day all! Finally beautiful weather here!

Okay, absolutely no excuse for not doing anything this morning and it is too cold to go outside for an afternoon walk. I also won't be pretending that DH will help me out w/ the kids and let me get something in tonight. Could something please kick me in the rear and get me going again!

Hi all

Murph - here's a big kick in the pants for you! :D Get up and do something!!! Glad you're feeling better.

Lisa - I confess I don't have any plates so I just do what I can without them. I also don't have any weighted gloves so it's not quite the full experience!

Today was LM second half premix. It was surprisingly tough (why am I surprised, it's Cathe :confused:!) I was sweating like mad and burned more calories than it said in the Workout Manager.

Quick flyby for me - back for more tomorrow!

Haven't had a chance to check in for a LONG time, but things are going well! I've been on a total rhythm with things...I'm thinking it's got to be my desire to stay in shape with all of the holiday eating!!!! And the fact that a pair of my favorite jeans are getting WAY TOO TIGHT!!!!!! So, I have been on it to get these inches off of my waste and butt!!!!

Be encouraged girlies!!!! One day at a time:)

CTX UB for me today...I think I like this one!

Murphy.....here's a K-I-C-K for you, good luck fitting it all in, it's tough!

Ronne, I'm always amazed at how hard Cathe is...that CTX UB really gave me the DOMS last week.

Leisa, nothing like tight jeans to get you into reality!

Gotta run, so far things are still going well here.....AH, relief!

Thanks for the kicks in the booty. I did the core cardio pre-mix on BM. I was not going to do anything but then I remembered I had laundry I wanted to get started and some other things I needed to do before the household woke-up.

Anyway else pre-order shock cardio? I am doing the happy dance. Yippee.

Hi everyone

Murph - glad it worked for you! Yes, I preordered. It will probably take a couple of weeks to get here what with Christmas and all. Perfect timing to work off all the extra food and drink I'll be having!

Leisa - keep up the good work!

Lisa - glad to hear things are a bit calmer for you. Fingers crossed!

Well, DD finishes school today for 2 weeks. So I'm going to sign off till the New Year. Here's hoping Father Christmas brings you everything you want :D!
See you in 2010 my fabulous 40s friends :eek:!

Wow, am I early to post for once? I ran intervals today for about 35 min, little over 3 miles.

Life is good here these days still......I just got Denamarin for Maddy....it has SAMe and Milk Thistle I believe....this is what my internet group said to give for her elevated liver enzymes. I'll have to do more research, but isn't SAMe a mood enhancer? If so, Maddy seems very content and happy today....brings a smile to my face.

Have a good weekend!

Hi all! Got back late last night, We had a lot of fun, it is great to be home tho! Did BC this am, (have to work off all that food and drink!) Lisa, glad to hear Maddy is doing better.Murphy, I am excited about our new dvd's! Maybe we will get them before Christmas? Ronne, my kids last day of school too! I have some parties to go to, have to take cupcakes. I really need to get busy! Hi to you Leisa. I will talk to you all next week! Mary

Hey, I missed Ronne's and Murphy's posts, duh.

Murphy, Yea, I'm excited about STS cardio! I'm having some knee issues and hope they resolve soon.

Ronne, enjoy your time with your DD. I had DS and fiance over last night for dinner, we won't be able to celebrate Christmas until the sunday after because of schedules. I'm drinking in all the family time spent together!

Mary, welcome back, glad you had a good time (who couldn't in Vegas!?)

Hi All,

It is snowing here today in NJ. First real snow, at least as far as my mommy-brain can remember. :) I did Squeeze stronger (?) this morning (rented), Saturday. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow, but I just cannot get into her. The time went fast but I just could not get into her. I have to say I am excited, my sts is due Monday. My Tracie Long just came Friday and I tried out one. She did a nice job w/ the graphics and music. I wanted to do everything at once, I wonder what I will do w/ Cathe! On a side note, I still have BC, ME and a pilates dvd to try, I rented them and feel the need to try them before I return them - I am paying to rent them (just like w/ Blockbuster/Netflix).

Ronne - Happy holidays to you too!

Lisa - Glad to hear Maddy is feeling better.

Mary - Glad you had fun. Spend lots of money - helping the economy? :)

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.