Those with small feet...

tillard

Cathlete
I have really small feet (size 5) and they are pretty narrow as well. Now that I'm doing Cathe's videos that involve step work and tons of lunges I'm finding that most of my shoes are too big in the toe box. Having such a small foot makes it near impossible to find shoes in the stores that are my size, therefore forcing me to order them online. Do any of you have any suggestions on a good pair of cross trainers that are fairly narrow? I'm looking into some Shox, not sure which line though mainly because I have no clue how wide they run. Any advice??

Deni

PS I'm loving this forum...you guys are great!!

Deni,

I also wear a a size 5 but my feet are not narrow. I have to order almost all my shoes from the internet these days. I find the Ryka Rhythm II works best for me. I order the 5.5 as they run small.

I also recommend trying Ryka shoes. I wear a 5.5, but normally need a 6 in Ryka brands. I also just recently bought a new pair of New Balance 504 and had to have 6 in those also. Usually New Balance I wear smaller, but this particular shoe is way smaller than my others.

Thanks guys...that was just the kind of advice I was searching for. I'll check out all of the recommendations!!

Deni

My experience with Rykas is that they are very wide in the toe box. My foot isn't small (7.5) but is very narrow. This time around I went with Nike Shox (cross-trainers), which I like quite a lot! I feel like I have a lot of lateral support withOUT that feeling that my foot is sliding around.

And it's normal to have to go up a size in sneakers; I go up at least .5 size in every brand. I think it's just the way they're made.

Good luck!
Marie

I'm not sure but I believe if you order through Zappos, you can select a narrow width, if Ryka makes them in narrow, of course.

Thanks Marie. Just by looking at the Ryka's online I couldn't help but notice how wide they did indeed look in the toe box area. I have a very narrow foot. I often have to buy my shoes from the kids section x( . It's quite a frustrating task finding shoes that fit!! Like I stated above I've been looking into the Shox and from what I can tell (which I know...is completely subjective :) ) they seem a little more narrow. I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and make a decision. I'm just dreading the whole returning process if they don't work out...I'm horrible about returning things :D .

I too have VERY small feet. I wear a children's 2.5!!
I have been wearing Nike Air Max (running sneakers) for several years. They seem to have the best support for my high arch and ankles. I've never had any problems using them on my Step either.
Susan C.M.
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://bd.lilypie.com/elmYm5.png[/img][/link]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.