Thong alternative?

sophiem

Cathlete
Ok, this may be a dorky question, but I have to ask. When you ladies are wearing tight fitting workout shorts or pants like Cathe and gang wears, do you all wear thong underwear? I can handle them now and then, but when I'm working out they just bug me and half the time I'm pulling at them, etc. Is there a special kind you recommend or is there an alternative to thongs that won't leave a panty line? Told you it was dorky.

Well, I work out in the privacy of my own living room in the wee hours of the morning, so I don't care if I have panty lines... :) but if I was going to be seen by members of the public, I would probably opt for the Jockey "no-panty-line-promise" boyshorts (I think they're called "modern briefs", but they really aren't as old-lady as it sounds). And they live up to their promise - they really don't show a panty line. Jockey has other styles of their no-panty-line-promise underwear, but the boyshort is my favorite. I don't like thongs very much either - especially when I'm working out, so I totally understand your predicament.

I own exactly one pair of underpants that are NOT thong. I can't stand regular ones after wearing thongs for so many years. I have one pair of regular white bikini ones that I only wear with thinner material white pants or shorts. I'd rather have a bikini line showing than a thong line showing lol.

I wear thong everyday for every purpose, EXCEPT for TOM at night time. I used to HATE thongs, but needed something that wouldn't ride up and give me wedgies while I played sports (all thru high school and college). I wore them once and I was sold!

Gayle

I wear all kinds of underpants - I love bikinis, thongs, and boyshorts. However, when I work out - I go commando. I always wear black workout shorts or pants. I tried wearing a thong years ago, but when I had finished working out, I had a very outlined thong with my sweat. Very unattractive!}(

I tried wearing thongs years ago and it just wasn't me. I could not feel comfortable in them. How does something that runs up your crack comfortable? Don't get me wrong, if I could I would love to wear them. It felt really weird. maybe I wasn't used to them.

My mom said she read where women who wore thongs got more infections than women who wore no underwear at all. Well I know I won't go pantiless, but I can see how thongs can spread bacteria.

Hey, I'm not a thong woman just a low-cut or boycut undies!

Although I admit that I wish I could wear thongs!

kim

Kim - my underwear goes up there anyway, so I might as well wear a thong. And I used to. But had to stop. I wear boy cut or low cut now.

I know what you mean shelley! I get so aggravated at work when I need to pick at my underwear and people are standing around! We should do like men and pick right out in the open. What makes them think it is alright to show everyone them picking their butt! Well actually they are digging!! That is so gross!

kim

I regularly wear low cut but do have thongs I that I wear when panty lines are an issue, like tight-fitting pants.

> My mom said she read where women who wore thongs got more
>infections than women who wore no underwear at all. Well I
>know I won't go pantiless, but I can see how thongs can spread
>bacteria.
>
>
Yup, that little strip of material so close to the body is like a freeway from the "back door" to the "front door", bringing the risk of bacteria with it.

Now I'm cracking up (no pun intended!) Personally, I like thongs and have had no problem with infections whatsoever, but I guess if you're prone to them, it could aggravate the condition...

I have worn them to workout, but have also gone commando. Some of my bike shorts and pants have built in liners, so I think that's the way they're supposed to be worn.

If you find a thong uncomfortable but want to give it a try, maybe get a size larger than you usually wear. I had 'sized up' with my first pregnancy and afterwards found that sometimes I prefer a looser fit, so I have a selection of sizes in different styles. Just a thought, anyway.

I've been wearing thongs for 15 years and NEVER had an infection. I'm not saying it's not possible...just saying it's possible to wear them long term and NOT develop an infection.

Besides...Shelley said it best when she said it ends "up there" anyways...:7

I go commando with workout wear. Mostly running shorts and they have a liner. I have worn thong underwear for years without any problems of infection at all. Besides like Shelley said the undies go up there anyway so I'd rather have less material.."Up There"...:)...Carole

When working out, I go commando as well. Really glad I'm not the only one! LOL

I have a mix of grannies, boy shorts, a few bikinis, and a few thongs. I have a few thongs I hate and can't wear. I think it takes not only practice, but a little shopping.

I don't understand what the big deal is with thongs, I must say. When I'm wearing bikinis, all they do is migrate up there anyway- a thong is just less material in there!!

Okay, grossing even myself out now so I'll stop. :D

I workout in the privacy of my home and I just go commando (nothing at all under the pants) most of the time.

I only use the few thongs I have with certain clothes and pants when going out. When wearing a gown, I usually use pantyhowse only if it is long. If it falls around the knee, I usually use a thong or a thin panty under the pantyhowse.

I have flesh colored, very sheer and bottom covering under britches I love. I like coverage and there seems not be enough when it comes to thongs. I'll go Commando to avoid a pantyline if the pants are substantial enough because booty flossing is rather uncomfortable. ;)
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.