This is my first time posting in this forum and I'm gonna start STS

AliceW

Hey y'all! I'm new to the forums, but I've been doing Cathe's DVD's for over a year. I bought STS when it was a daily deal/steal months ago. I'm having a problem with getting motivated to start, if that makes sense. I'm excited, but I'm also intimidated as crap!!! The other thing is figuring out my 1RM. I'm being a lazy butt trying to get it done!!! I could sit here and make all the excuses in the world, but that's the bottom line...I have the last 4 pages of the book left to figure the 1 rm out for and I'm ready to start...just can't seem to get the umph up to do it!

I've been hovering over this particular forum reading what everyone is saying about STS and it motivates me but then I get home (I'm a substitute teacher) and it gets put on the back burner.

To be honest, I really don't know why I'm telling y'all, cause I KNOW only I can do it...I guess I just needed to confess to the ones who are in it! That being said, thanks for listening and if anyone has any advice (other than what I tell myself, which is suck it up and just do it!!!) I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again! And y'all keep up the great work! Whether you know it or not, you are an inspiration!

Thanks! I may just do that! I'm so OCD, I think I can't start until I've done them all...it's sad[emoji23][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started by only testing my 1rm for the exercises I'd be doing in the first few workouts- it seemed much less intimidating.

AliceW, this is what I did as well. Also, I worked my way through all of the 1RM by adding a few onto the end or beginning of every workout I did leading up to my STS start date.

Good luck, you will love STS once you get going.

Congrats AliceW...It's a great program, and your results will shock you!! I found that It was tough to test some of the 1rms, especially for meso 1 because of the long rep ranges, but you can easily adj "on the fly" I printed the programs out and did at my own pace so I could adj weights as needed. I needed to up weights on meso 2 and 3 anyway, and had to drop some weight on some of the meso 1 days due to long rep sets...hated meso 1 (cause I'm a guy) but it is needed for endurance for 2 and 3 and I really saw body changes with it'........still hate 1!!!haha Good luck, you will love your results!

Hi AliceW, I just started my 2nd round of STS last week. I completed it the first time over the spring and summer and I did not do the 1RM testing for reasons of procrastination, and I knew that I would never refer to any of my notes while doing the workouts. Despite this I still experienced strength gains and other great results. Good luck with your program however you choose to go about it and just Enjoy!

Thank you Missa7!!! I'm hoping to get started within the next week. Got some Christmas stuff to get done and then I'll get on it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.