Things we STILL eat and know we shouldn't

honeybunch1

Cathlete
OK - I took the suggestion to start this thread:

Tater Tots, french fries, hash browns, potato salad and other typical picnic food, creme sticks and jelly rolls, ice cream, greasy chicken, fried fish and shrimp, cheeseburgers, Little Debbie's, birthday or wedding cake (the icing is the most important part!), potato chips and Fritos, Keebler Fudge Shop cookies, Nutter Butter cookies, whoopie pies, HoHo cakes.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now! Mind you, I only eat this stuff once a week, and not ALL of it in any one day!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

I'm with you on the cake and frosting is the most important part, sometimes it's even the only part;-)
Garlic bread made with white flour and Earth Balance and lots of olive oil!
Dark chocolate, and more dark chocolate, especially with peanut butter.
Waffles and pancakes (make my own, so the base is healthy, but I use a combination of maple syrup and brown sugar on top! I love the crunch)
Jelly rolls and cinnamon buns and my mom's homemade rolls (as many as I possibly can when I get them, which is thankfully usually only 2 times a year!)
Mattea
Now this is a thread that will probably make more people hungry and fewer people queasy!

"Nothing. I'm a perfect food angel," she said, eyeing the bag of Cheetos on top of her microwave. }(

Seriously though, there's not much I won't eat, if I really want it. I just try to do the 90/10 thing, and keep less than healthy treats in moderation. Once a week, I have a coke, that sort of plan. And I do have cheetos, but it's a 1 oz bag. :D

ETA: I will never ever give up butter. So there.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

OK I still eat granola bars, the sweet and crunchy ones by nature valley (PB). They are soooo good! I also eat a bowl of Apple Jacks once in a awhile (Oh those Apple Jacks...). What else?.....Hmmmmmmm...I am thinking! I know there's more! I'll be back!
Jenn

Will not give up my cheese popcorn for Friday night family popcorn movie night. The only problem is that the cheese is melted butter with slices of velveeta "cheese" to make a thick and gooey sauce. So bad - and so good.}( (I keep recalling the answer to "what is Paula Dean's favorite food?" "Butter - fried butter with sour cream" well at least I'm not THAT bad.)

Lorrie

Lorrie,
You can fry butter? And shouldn't there be mayonnaise in there somewhere if we're talking Paula Dean?
Mattea

Let's see...

Powdered donuts (my biggest weakness)
Sister Schubert yeast rolls (these things are to die for)
Fruit loops
Pizza (preferably Pizza Hut greasy pan style)
and last but not least Brown Sugar Cinnamon Frosted Pop tarts

I'm for the most part pretty good about the moderation thing...however I was just out of town at my dad's for the last week and it never fails whenever I go out of town I take that to mean I can eat whatever I want. So I snacked on this stuff a little more than I should have last week :-( .

Deni

COOKIES!!!
Damm those cookies..why oh why do they have to taste oh so good?

Pizza, but I am good with pizza only thin crust with xtra veggies and little cheese.

Pasta about once every 2 months
grilled cheese once a month

For me it has ALWAYS been salt!!! No flaming...:)...I don't really like anything sweet like pies, cakes, and YUK those jelly filled doughnutsx( . I do like homemade cookies but don't eat them alot....for me it is Lundberg rice chips and salsa. And if those Crinkle Cut Kettle Chips jump in my cart....I am in HUGE trouble....Salsa is good for you though...:7 :+

I ate a homemade Rice Krispy / marshmallow bar the size of a small dog Tuesday night.

Also Cheez-Its (get your own box)

Old Dutch Cheese Doodles

Potato chips

Chili's Restaurant tostada chips

Bon Appetit!
A-Jock

Well, as I stated in the other thread -
* My DH's Chicken curry and Spinached beef. YUM! Guaranteed to give me major bloat for up to 4 days, though.

* Potato chips, occasionally

* CHOCOLATE

* An entire sleeve of Thin Mints when they come out (thank heavens they're only here once a year!)

* Nachos - and not the healthy kind

* Wine and Champagne w/ the very occasional Margarita or beer.

I'm kind of like Sparrow - I believe in the 90/10 rule. I fail if I eliminate everything. I do so much better if I eat well most of the time.

>What's wrong with Luna bars? I don't get it.

Very processed. Lots of sugars.

I still eat (ocassionally) chips. But I try to get small bags (they don't seem to exist anymore!) because I can eat way too many if I get a big bag.

I also eat (more than occasionally!) some chocolate mint cookies from the health food store. They are soooo goooood, and not bad in oderation (as are most things) but it's hard to moderate!

And "pecan joy" candy bars. Vegan versions of Almond Joy and very tasty, and actually better than the original nutritionally... but still...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.