Things I don't understand or get

waterlily

Cathlete
Have you seen things around you that you think just don't make sense or that you can't comprehend how anyone can like them. Three things I don't get are :
1) Black sneakers
2) Sneakers with the wheels - especially the black ones
3)Teenagers -I don't think I was ever one

This may fall more under "pet peeve" but tailgating is my big one. How do you not understand how dangerous it is for me AND you?

I really don't get ~

--- Canadian upper middle class sub-urban teen males in Mom and Dad's minivan or the mall emulating the 'ghetto'/hip hop culture. Get over yourself dude, you are NOT a p-i-m-p :+

--- The Blue Tooth

--- Jessica Simpson

--- the fact that the more we talk about global warming, the bigger the SUVs get

Take Care
Laurie:)

LOL laurie,sums up most of the kids here too.

-i am with laurie, the ones that complain abut the gas prices are the ones that 1)have the biggest guzzler of them all and 2)could stand to use a walk

-car taxes, i paid them when i bought my car now i have to pay taxes to city every year for a car i already paid taxes on

-kids' slang, i mean i am only 28 and i don't get it anymore "yo,dog","whad up g",you be trippin" i mean i was never A+ english but i just don't keep up.i am not "trippin" i am certainly nobody's "bitch,dog,ho,or g". i am ma'am or miss, or kassia if you know by name. i certainly do not repsond to "yo,let me get some..." when i am at work(i work in a high school),an "excuse me ma'am/miss may i get..." gets my attention and respect

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

060104_10010099873.gif

LOL laurie,sums up most of the kids here too.

-i am with laurie, the ones that complain abut the gas prices are the ones that 1)have the biggest guzzler of them all and 2)could stand to use a walk

-car taxes, i paid them when i bought my car now i have to pay taxes to city every year for a car i already paid taxes on

-kids' slang, i mean i am only 28 and i don't get it anymore "yo,dog","whad up g",you be trippin" i mean i was never A+ english but i just don't keep up.i am not "trippin" i am certainly nobody's "bitch,dog,ho,or g". i am ma'am or miss, or kassia if you know by name. i certainly do not repsond to "yo,let me get some..." when i am at work(i work in a high school),an "excuse me ma'am/miss may i get..." gets my attention and respect

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

060104_10010099873.gif

*LOL*, Laurie.

OK, things I don't get:

~when you're easing backwards from a parking space (and have to go kinda slow b/c your vision is blocked by SUVs on either side of you), and oncoming cars refuse to let you - they just GOTTA get past. God forbid they wait 5 seconds. And it's a parking lot - slow down!

~another driving one: when you're about to pass someone and they suddenly speed up (OR just as bad - they lollygag in the passing lane)

~how whenever I find a product I love, it is almost immediately discontinued

~how some folks don't believe in punctuation anymore - have you ever read an email or post from someone who apparently has never heard of the comma? I'm not a stickler when it comes to informal communications, but come on, no punctuation at all is ridiculous.

Cathy :)

I agree Kassie,I don't get the language either! My sister who is 22 speaks a language I don't understand!(im also 28)

~And Why do the younger boys end up walking like ducks because their pants are below thier but. I just want to yell,"Have some respect boy,and pull your pants up,Nobody wants to see your underwear!"

~Paris Hilton...need I say more?

~driving while talking on a cell phone!

I don't get why anyone would be unhappy being a Size 0 }(

*whistles nonchalantly*

I don't get South Park. Or the world's fascination with Paris Hilton. Or why Jackie Chan is still allowed to make movies:p I don't get the Da Vinci Code. Or Uggs. Or why magazines like Shape have women on the front who have NO shape. Or why my neighbour, upon seeing that I have people over and we're enjoying sitting in the backyard, would choose that moment to mow his lawn. I don't get rabid sports fanaticism or the elevation of sports personalities to demi-gods. I don't get reality TV. I don't get why the aisles in Walmart are so narrow when the majority of their customers aren't;)

Apparently there are a lot of things I'm clueless about.

(1)I don't get obesity. When does someone realize they have a problem? When they look in the mirror at 350 pounds??? Why do people let themselves go for soooo long before they do anything about it? Then by the time they do they have excess skin to deal with as well adding more problems because they waited so long. Don't get it.

(2) The woman that came in to the movies. She took her neice with her to see this movie (forget name) and complained to manager that movie was vulgar and wanted to see another. The manager was kind enough to let her see Shrek with her 16 old year neice. Then she STILL complains and ask for her money back. She knew the movie was rated R. She watched almost all of it before she decided it was soooo vulgar. The manager is not the author of the movie.

(3) Just people who lack simple common sense as indicated above.

I don't get people who just HAVE to park right next to the door of the gym. What, they want to be closer to the treadmill?

I don't get people who read nothing but romance novels, or people who don't read at all.

I don't get people who post in ALL CAPS, or people who smoke, or why anyone cares what an actor thinks about politics or what Rosie thinks about anything.

I don't get that people have to drink excessively when they party and get so drunk that they prey to the God of the White Bowl, and do that every weekend. And then complain that they can't lose weight - hello!!!!

I don't get people who don't put their dogs on a leash although they know their dog/s is/are "unfriendly"

I don't get people who constantly complain about other people instead of taking responsibility for their own doing. Related to that I don't get why people have to blame everyone else for their problems.

I don't get people who ask your opinion and if they don't like what you have to say, they get mad and pick a fight. Why do they ask in the first place then.

I don't get that people still believe in a quick fix! Diet, medicine .......

I don't get why prescription drugs need to be advertised to the general public.

I don't get why my DH has to be a grump and poopie butt today}( :+ Guess he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Have a great day everyone,

Carola

I don't understand why:

* so many people feel that turn signals are optional

* as a society we are so convinced that medicines can fix anything that we do not follow common sense and watch our diets and exercise (present company excluded of course).

* people speed through neighborhoods.

* people own dogs they cannot handle/control and then expect ME to handle my dog so he does not disturb their dog (my dog is on a leash walking quietly by my side).

* my neighbors have to stop by EVERY night at 6:30 so that when I get up to make dinner I seem rude or I have to postpone making dinner and we end up eating so late.

* my DH can STILL find the "asshole pills" when I hide them sooo well!! :+

* I find myself doing the very things I hate or know are bad for me - like ordering the big cheesy burrito instead of a sensible salad.

I dislike the following behaviours.

People who write emails using text message jargon like UR.

I dislike people who waste a tank of gas to get a parking place as close to a store as possible

I dislike people who use cell phones while driving or in front of a waiter or a salesperson. I think it is unsafe for the driver and rude to not be more courteous to the person behind the counter.

I dislike use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs

I dislike tanning of any kind - natural or tanning beds. The verdict is out about the skin cancer epidemic in younger and younger people.

I dislike those headsets people use while talking via cell phone.

I REALLY dislike the way some people don't restrain their children or animals while driving. When I see Farmer Joe with his dog in the back of a truck on hot metal or people who hold their dogs while driving, I get really upset.

I like most kids, including teenagers.

I used to work with a program where I volunteered to take an underprivileged teenage girl out to lunch once a month. Some of those girls had never been inside a nice restaurant and did know know the basics of table manners.

One girl who had never had shrimp ate it tail first until I corrected her.

I come from a very low income family, so I thought I would do my best to spend time with them.

I also loved teens who made a Christmas List.

The girl never knew my name or which of us on the committee bought their wish list. To see some of what those girls wanted was heartbreaking and things we take for granted like lotion, shampoo, or mascara.

So I guess I love kids. In fact, I can't wait to be a Grandmother when my daughter is settled down with the right partner.

I miss being a mom with a younger kid. I often wish I could turn back time and do it all again -- from the moment I gave birth to the time she turned 20.

She was a very interesting child to raise and I mean that in a good way.

I think that there is a genetic component to obesity. Some people are obese, yet they try to fight it.

My daughter is obese, yet she eats less than me. It hurts me to see her so overweight since she is 4'11" and weighs over 200 lb. I never make her weight an issue unless I hit it from the health standpoint (high blood pressure, diabetes, etc).

She has gained and lost so much weight all her life, but it is as if her body has a setpoint for obesity.

Her father is obese as are all his siblings.

I think it is cruel to make fun of obese people - some, not all, have genetic or certain diseases that lead to obesity.

Amy - Asshole pills are the "pills" our DH's take that make them into idiots for a while (also known as "Male Pout Syndrome"). It's a joke.

I have to laugh because I was just thinking about this the other day!!!

---I don't get people who don't use turn signals when driving!
---Don't get people who violate simple traffic laws, then get ticked off at you because you are in their way!!!

There's lots more, but I don't have time to put them all down....getting a patient from the ER!

Amy Steppe,

She eats less then you then maybe that is why? How many calories does she take in a day and does your dd workout? Is she consistent with eating properly and working out? Genetics does play a role to some extent, but not entirely.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.