Things I don't understand or get

I don't get how people can be so oblivious to the mass murder of animals that goes on in our nation everyday (and we wonder why we're such a violent society). It's not unusual where I live to stop for a long trains filled with hundreds of cars of living entities being taken to their excecution. And the filth it creates in our waterways. Pass the hamburger please.
Manmohini

People who had IMAX 1 and 2 then complained to high heaven about the impact in IMAX 3. That's like me buying my 4 Leslie Samsone workout and complaining that her choreography isn't dance enough. :)

DEEDEE

I don't understand why people voluntarily choose to live in Long Island. Traffic is appalling, there are few good restaurants, too many graveyards, far too many JAPs, and real estate prices are through the roof. It also has an unusually high rate of breast cancer. I just can't figure it out.

Waterlily, I bought a pair of black New Balance shoes when I went to London on vacation because they matched all my dark outfits, I could wear them out to dinner, and I only had to bring one pair of shoes. However, I have seen people wearing black sneakers with light-colored jeans, and I agree that the look does not work. ;)

Animal abuse

Animal cruelty

Hunting

Animal neglect

Dog fighting

Cock fighting

Backyard breeders

Why people would get a dog only to have them live their entire lives outside

I could go on and on, but they all center around the same issue-our society's lack of respect for ALL living things.

Lorie

I have another regarding the topic of black:

I do not understand why half the swimsuits being sold in stores are black. Yes, black slims your torso, but don't people understand that unless your skin is dark, black swimsuits break you up into a black and white jigsaw puzzle and make your thighs look enormous? When you have that much skin showing and your skin is white, black presents far too much of a contrast. And everyone, including most dark-skinned people, look better in a blue, red, brown, etc. swimsuit.

Okay, I just had to vent because of a frustrating shopping trip yesterday. :p

Hi Nancy!

I love black swimsuits. I am very fair and I love the contrast.

But another reason I prefer black swimsuits to other colors is because black is more opaque and blocks more of the rays of the sun.

On the subject of black athletic shoes, I own a pair of black athletic like shoes encrusted with Swarovski (however you spell it) crystals. They zip up front with a silver zipper.

They are very bling and of course, I bought them in Vegas!

Boy, I felt so at home in those shoes when I visited the Liberace Museum.

Even the lady who was in the museum laughed, "You are really dressed for the occasion"

So I love black swimsuits and I love black tennis shoes.

I have had so many compliments on those shoes.

Perhaps people were just making fun of me.

No matter what, I love my black Liberace shoes!

And I think your posts are always informative and often really cute!

I am just commenting, not flaming! ;-)

I have a pair of black sneakers and I love them! Not for wearing with shorts, but with my jeans.

I just bought my daughter a pair of Heelys for her birthday. I wish I had my own pair!

I don't like people who keep blabbing away about whatever while you're trying to work...and you turn your back on them and start typing on your computer...yet they keep blabbing.

When I worked, my secretary did that. I would tell her she was very competent and could do certain items like plan the menu for lunches for the meetings I facilitated.

I covered four counties and had grants to write and grant reports to do.

I needed peace and quiet.

I love the lady to death, but she would always barge into my office to get my approval for these lunches.

She did this for the most mundane task to more complicated tasks that she was well qualified to handle.

She just had no confidence.

But she drove me crazy! No matter what I said about the situation, she still froze at any type of decision making.

I closed my door and forwarded my phone when I was writing, having teleconferences, or handling local politics.

When my door was closed, people knew to stay away unless it was an emergency.

Except for my secretary. She would knock on my door and just enter, never noticing I was on a conference call led by the State Commissioner of Health!

But bless her heart, I miss her so much! I miss working full time.

Now I am on disability and it sucks.

I can no longer drive

I am lucky to get out of the house except to go to my doctor

I try to stay busy when my energy permits, but some days I am paralyzed.

I used to think people who could stay home had it made. Not true!

I would love to re-enter the work force.

I feel I wasted my education and I was almost ready to graduate with my doctor of education degree.

Now I can't remember anything.

I love your new photo. You are a very pretty woman!

And to answer your question, my daughter is 24 and lives on her own.

I don't want to badger her about exercising. She saw me do it from the time she was in a playpen until she left home at age 20.

So I should correct myself and say that when she lived at home, I knew more about how she ate.

I feel for her -- I have thought about asking her to enter "The Biggest Loser" competiton.

But it really is easier for some people to lose weight than others.

This is true from menopause on. A woman can wear a size 0 one day and then a size 16 by menopause without alteration in diet and activity.

There is a very clear genetic link for the epidemiology of obesity. It is more than to "some extent".

Some people have a metabolic set point and they are never going to be a size 0.

I think to chastize people who are overweight could really demoralize people who visit these forums and think, "Why Try"?

Granted, the person may never be as thin as you, but they can still build healthier lungs, heart, and reap the healthly benefits of physical activity.

The icing on the cake is they will gain muscle and therefore begin to drop sizes.

This happened to a former colleague of mine. She lost 100 pounds. She did it mainly through exercise and making slow changes in her diet.

She looks beautiful, but she was beautiful to begin with.

I have a Masters Degree in Public Health and keep up with the research done by the CDC.

The CDC is the compass for public health research and clearly states that there is a definite genetic link for a person's body type and weight.

I have so many .. and most have been posted by all of you ... LOL

I don't get why you pig out one week .. and it doesn't show till next week ..

I don't get why people let their cell phones ring in public as loudly as possible .. on and on .. is it they think you are impressed by the song ringtone .. that is barely noticible b/c the volume is maxed out and sounds like a tune from a kids toy ...

I don't get why you would come into a place of business stand in line and talk on the phone incessantly about nothing while in line .. and while being waited on .. what could possibly be so important??

I don't get cruelty to animals .. and/or why someone can get an animal then abandone it by the side of the road like trash ..

I don't get why my DH doesn't understand/comprehend that I don't like catsup on my hamburger ... (after 20 years of marriage) .. or that he thinks I automatically like what he likes (food wise)

I don't get why you have great weather until you plan a fishing trip ..then it is the Perfect Storm brewing

I don't know why some people display their anger in and at the most inopportune times .. it is called TACT people ..

I don't know why I laugh so hard I cry .. and cry so hard I laugh ..

I don't know why even someone with the most perfect body/personality is quick to find fault w/themselves ..

I don't know why it is so easy to believe something bad about someone and so hard to believe something good/impressive ..

(traffic, turn signals, driving slow in the left lane and refusing to get over, going up the out lane, taking up 2 parking spaces, getting behind a log truck on a county road, spring break drivers, talking on cell phone not paying attention, getting behind a car smoking b/c the owner will not fix the oil problem, aahh could go on and on on this topic .. LOL):7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.