The Terminator

Does anyone have this DVD? I was thinking about purchasing it and wanted to know what it's like and how often do you rotate a workouts like these into your schedule?

I Loooove it. I usually do the gaunlet in the weekend.This is the DVD chaptering - Cathe Friedrich: The Terminator

This DVD contains three “parts” workouts compiled from IMAX2, Cardio & Weights, Boot Camp, and Muscle Endurance. There are no ab/core work segments on this DVD. Each segment has a chapter number, so you could use this DVD to program your own circuit workouts. There are no additional premixed combos on this DVD. The footage on this DVD includes:

* all of IMAX2
* most of Cardio & Weights (all but the heavy upper body work and abs)
* about half of Boot Camp
* about half of Muscle Endurance

Cathe uses dumbbells for all of the CW compound exercises. For BC or ME exercises that can be done with either a barbell (bb) or dumbbells (db), I’ve indicated whether Cathe uses a barbell or dumbbells for that segment.

The Gauntlet

This workout contains six cycles of: one IMAX2 interval, one BC lower body exercise, one CW compound exercise, one BC upper body exercise, and one BC cardio segment. The intervals from IMAX2 include the step, interval, and recovery segments (sometimes the recovery is cut short!).

MENU

Chapters: this menu allows you to “jump into” the workout at any of the starting points listed. The DVD will continue to play to the end of the workout.

warmup
cycle 1
cycle 2
cycle 3
cycle 4
cycle 5
cycle 6
stretch

Mix and Match: this menu allows you to select any workout chapter (see the workout chapters listed below). When the chapter is finished playing, you’ll return to the Mix and Match menu screen.

CHAPTERS The Gauntlet is title 1. The numbers below are chapter numbers.

5) warmup: IMAX2 (6:54)

6) IMAX2 interval 1 (4:11)
7) BC squats: bb (1:37)
8) CW plie squat/upright row (1:10)
9) BC overhead press: db (1:23)
10) BC speedskaters (1:20)

11) IMAX2 interval 4* (3:21)
12) BC side lunges with med ball (2:37)
13) CW static lunge/tricep overhead extension (1:05)
14) BC lying tricep extension: db (1:43)
15) BC jacks (1:12)

16) IMAX2 interval 7 (3:47)
17) BC squat/roundhouse kick (1:22)
18) CW reverse lunge/hammer curl (1:08)
19) change bb; BC bicep curls: bb (1:37)
20) BC terminator climbers (1:41)

21) IMAX2 interval 10* (3:41)
22) BC alternating front and side kicks (1:27)
23) CW deadlift/deadrow (1:12)
24) BC one-arm rows (1:31)
25) BC jack and jab (1:18)

26) IMAX2 interval 3 (5:31)
27) change bb; BC static lunges: bb (1:42)
28) CW plie squat/upright row (1:10)
29) BC pushups (1:28)
30) BC power kicks (1:34)

31) IMAX2 interval 6 (3:50)
32) BC lunges and reverse lunges: db (1:39)
33) CW deadlift/deadrow (1:13)
34) BC bent-over rows: bb (1:26)
35) BC kickbox speedbag (1:36)

36) stretch: CW (3:51)

* The recovery time for interval 4 is only 15 seconds. For some reason, it was cut short! The recovery time for interval 10 is only 10 seconds. On the IMAX2 DVD, the cooldown starts after 10 seconds of recovery from interval 10, and this was the cutoff point for this segment. This workout doesn’t have a final cooldown. Note: for the BC segments, you’ll only be doing the exercise itself for about 60 seconds.

Total workout time: 69:57
warmup: 6:54
IMAX2 intervals: 24:21
BC lower body: 10:24
CW compound exercises: 6:48
BC upper body: 9:08
BC cardio: 8:41
stretch: 3:51

The Viper

This workout contains four cycles of: on CW cardio segment, one IMAX2 interval, and two or three ME strength segments. The intervals from IMAX2 contain the step, interval, and recovery segments. However, the recovery is cut short for interval 9. You’ll only get 15 seconds of recovery before the next segment starts!

MENU

Chapters: this menu allows you to “jump into” the workout at any of the starting points listed. The DVD will continue to play to the end of the workout.

warmup
cycle 1
cycle 2
cycle 3
cycle 4
stretch

Mix and Match: this menu allows you to select any workout chapter (see the workout chapters listed below). When the chapter is finished playing, you’ll return to the Mix and Match menu screen.

CHAPTERS: The Viper is title 4. The numbers below are chapter numbers.

2) CW warmup (5:28)

3) CW cardio segment 1 (5:55)
4) IMAX2 interval 1 (4:12)
5) ME: squats: bb; change bb (3:24)
6) ME deadlifts: bb (1:49)
7) ME one-arm rows (2:41)

8) CW cardio segment 2 (6:36)
9) IMAX2 interval 2 (3:57)
10) ME bicep curls: bb (3:39)
11) ME tricep dips (1:03)
12) ME tricep kickbacks (1:03)

13) CW cardio segment 3 (6:21)
14) IMAX2 interval 5 (3:58)
15) ME change bb; static lunges: bb (5:22)
16) ME chest flys (3:35)

17) CW cardio segment 4 (6:23)
18) IMAX2 interval 9* (3:34)
19) ME overhead presses: db (1:10)
20) ME front and side raises (0:55)
21) ME rear delt raises (2:41)
22) ME pushups (1:10)

23) ME stretch (3:59)

Total workout time: 79:58
warmup: 5:28
CW cardio: 25:15
IMAX2 intervals: 15:40
ME lower body only: 8:46
ME upper body only: 18:18
ME deadlifts: 1:49
stretch: 3:59

IMAX Xtreme

This workout contains four cycles of: one CW cardio, one CW compound exercise, and two IMAX2 intervals. The intervals from IMAX2 contain the step, interval, and recovery segments.

MENU

warmup
CW cardio/compound 1
IMAX2 intervals 2, 3
CW cardio/compound 2
IMAX2 intervals 4, 5
CW cardio/compound 3
IMAX2 intervals 6, 7
CW cardio/compound 4
IMAX2 intervals 8, 9 (also includes cooldown)
stretch (the menu says stretch/cooldown, but the cooldown is in the interval 9 chapter)

CHAPTERS: IMAX Xtreme is title 6. The numbers below are chapter numbers.

2) CW warmup (5:29)

3) CW cardio segment 1 (5:57)
4) CW plie squat/upright row (1:04)
5) IMAX2 interval 2 (4:00)
6) IMAX2 interval 3 (5:28)

7) CW cardio segment 2 (6:38)
8) CW static lunge/overhead tricep extension (1:01)
9) IMAX2 interval 4 (3:36)
10) IMAX2 interval 5 (4:01)

11) CW cardio segment 3 (6:23)
12) CW reverse lunge/hammer curl (1:06)
13) IMAX2 interval 6 (3:49)
14) IMAX2 interval 7 (3:55)

15) CW cardio segment 4 (6:24)
16) CW deadlift/deadrow (1:12)
17) IMAX2 interval 8 (4:09)
18) IMAX2 interval 9 + cooldown (5:27)

19) IMAX2 stretch (4:31)

Total workout time: 74:52
warmup: 5:29
CW cardio: 25:22
CW compound exercises: 4:23
IMAX2 intervals (including cooldown): 34:25
stretch: 4:31
arvellous dvd .

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie.:) :)

I also love The Terminator DVD and tend to do them on the weekends, when I have more time. If you love circuits, you'll love these. IMAX Extreme (which I just did this past weekend) is less circuit-like than the other two. It's mostly IMAX 2 and C&W Cardio.

SHelbygirl

I too generally do this workout on the weekends when I have more time. I think most of the workouts are about 1hr 10 min long or maybe a bit longer. I love this DVD. Do you already have the Intensity Series? If not, I'd get that first but I think you definitely should get the Terminator DVD.

Hope that helps, Wendy

Mariangeles-I KNEW you'd chime in on this thread since you're the Terminator Junkie:):)(Seriously, I think she's addicted to this DVD;))

Yes I have to confess am addicted to this dvd but it is not my fault, it is a Cathe's fault :D :D.I love Cathe .This dvd is so maaarvellous and fun.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. ;-)

Thanks to all of you for your information. Sounds like I really have to get this DVD. Your right as far as time wise sounds like I better save it for the weekend, what a great way to start your weekend!! Thanks guys!!

I usually save this one for the weekend too, but I have noticed during Gauntlet, I think she repeats some segments from C&W, so if pressed for time, I will skip through the repeats. The only thing I do not like about the Terminator workouts is that they do not have any core/ab work in them, so I usually add some in. I think it is still fabulous and home Hardcore extreme is similar!

The exercises you are talking about are the CW deadlift/deadrow and the CW plie squat/upright row.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

this is my favorite dvd... with the gauntlet being my favorite workout and the viper my second favorite (i like imax extreme.. but not as well as the other two!)

i do manage to do them during the week before work if i plan the night before and get up a few minutes early to make up for the extra time! (especially the viper since it's 1 hour 20 min!) if i do it on a weekend i'll add some abs in at the end!)

you will NOT be disappointed in this dvd!

Mic, I know you already ordered, but want to throw in my two cents...this is my favorite weekend DVD! Since all three workouts are over an hour I save these for Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays when I have more time! You will not be disappointed!!! :) :)

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.