The mighty 40's

fitover40

Cathlete
Hey everyone, I did Imax2 today, love that workout, the music is the best, I was a sweaty mess. Sat I did STS C/S/T and Sunday I did STS legs, I'm on Meso 2 last week, yea!

The snow is a distant memory it's all gone! Can you believe it? 2 feet, gone in 2-3 days!

Hope everyone had a happy halloween!

Hi All,

I did B&G, standing legs and abs premix. Sunday I did kickbox and Saturday I did a track workout on the Wii. I am looking to see what the November rotation looks like before I decide what to do for tomorrow. I may do cardio boxing. I have not done that in a while.

Lisa - you always put me to shame with your workouts. I don't know how you do it.

Hi to all who follow.

Murphy

Hey everyone! Happy November! Today HSTA, fun, however far too many leg presses for my taste! Did them all, but I didn't like it! Sat was C&W, took off yesterday. But I did rake leaves. Lisa, amazing that all that snow is gone all ready, my youngest is praying for snow! Murphy, you work out pretty hard too! Are you done with Insanity? How is your knee? Did you preorder Tracie's stuff? Did I ask you enough questions? Ronne, how was your visit with your Mom? I have 22 more minutes of quiet, I am going to go sit and enjoy every one! See ya tomorrow. Mary

Mary - I am not done with Insanity, I am waiting form some disks that I should have by the end of the week. I think there are 5 or 6 more to go. I must say, I will be happy when I am done. They do get more "insane" as you go. I must admit, my cardio capacity has increased and my legs do look better. If I did not "jump off the eating well wagon" I would probably have a better waistline too. Interestingly, there is not a lot of arm/upper body work but my arms do look better to.
Yes, I did order Tracie's stuff. I am eagerly awaiting it - December I think.
My knee is better, but when I did the track program Saturday I did notice it acting up a bit.

Hello ladies

I had a nice weekend with the parents. No workouts - not like you fit lot! Yesterday I did Imax 3 premix plus pilates abs. Today it's back to the kettlebells.

Lisa - you are the workout queen at the moment!
I can't believe that your snow's already disappeared. No sign of that yet here, fortunately. We're in full autumn, leaves everywhere, the odd sunny day and lots of wind and rain. I quite like this time of year.

Mary - hope you enjoyed your 22 minutes of peace. Every one is precious isn't it?!

Murphy - I had a look at those Tracie Long previews. They look pretty good actually but I'm resisting. I've just ordered her Endurance for Movement. Do you have that one?

Right I better get back to work! See you all tomorrow.

Things do change at 40

I've gained 10 pounds in no time and need to get it off!!! I'm 41 now and feeling like I can't eat like I used to and have to work out more, but I don't SEEM to have the endurance I had!!! HELP!!!!

Hi everyone! I don't know what I will be doing today, kids are off of school, still haven't figured out why? Election day? Didn't know it was a holiday! Ronne, glad you had a good visit with your folks, do they live far from you? Mine are right down the street. Hey Murphy, how are you? Did you decide on the Nov.rotation? I looked at it, not sure if I will do it or not. Hi LIsa, what did you pick today? Probably something to put us all to shame!! HI there wrkoutqueen, nice to have you with us. Well, need to get my w/o in and put those children to work!! Mary

Hi everyone.....today was disc24 STS B/Bi....yea! done with meso 2. I just keep working out so much because I fear that something will interrupt my schedule in the future so there's no time to waste if I have the time now!

Murphy, I've been soooooo bad with eating chocolate! I try not to have it in the house but then the craving gets so bad that when I get to the store I buy even more so that I don't run out! I must get my snacking back in control!

Ronne, you get the slacker award! :) It's funny how you like IMAX 3....I just can't bring myself to pick it up :)

Mary, it's probably an inservice day or something like that, these kids get too much time off sometimes!

Welcome workoutqueen, eat your best, keep up with your exercise and let the rest fall into place. I'd love to change back to how things used to be, but being the best (and healthiest) should really be our goal and don't beat yourself up too bad.....just be honest with yourself.

until tomorrow....

Hi All,

Yesterday was boxing and abs. Today is more Insanity and hopefully a powerwalk/jog at lunch. Wish me luck.

Ronne - I have almost all of Tracie videos. I really like her, or haven't you noticed. :)

Mary - I am going to skip this month's rotation. I am not sure what I am going to do. I may look-up Cathe's fat burning rotation. Why doesn't Cathe do a "take it easy this month" rotation? ;-)

Lisa - My problem is salt. I cannot pass a bag of Doritos without tearing it open. I fight to not even go down the isle at the store. I told my husband he has to buy the snacks and not to get any Doritos.

Wrkoutqueen - Welcome Aboard. I think you are right about not being able to eat like you used. I turned 40 this year and have finally accepted that I cannot eat like I used to and I cannot exercise like I used to - I have to be more diligent with my exercise. I used to be able to slack off without too many consequences, but now, miss a day and everything goes south - literally! Lisa was right, do your best, be honest with yourself and don't be yourself up for not hitting a goal you set. One day at a time.

Hi to anyone I missed.

Murph

Thanks everyone!! I am back on the workout wagon. My problem??? The chocolate candies at work!!! And when I'm stressed here, I snack. But if it were out of sight, it would literally be out of mind!!!!

I am trying to tackle one problem at a time, though, so, I'll stick with getting in regular workouts and try to clean up my eating slowly. I'll check in here which will help. I did BM2 mix and match step and circuits that included legs. I am going to do more cardo today from LIC

Talk soon (oh and I am Leisa also Lisa:)

Hi girls! Yesterday I ended up doing Imax extreme, from the Terminator, (Lisa was making me feel wimpy, had to step it up!) Today I will do a GS upper body. Murphy, I am with you skipping this month's rotation, didn't appeal to me too much. Murphy and Lisa, I can eat chocolate (peanut m&m's) and any thing salty ALL the time, if I quit snacking I'd probably have the body I dream of! Ronne, do you like Imax3? It scares me!! I am impressed with you! Leisa, be good to yourself, it is a journey, not a race! Have a good night everyone! Mary

Hi yall.....my body has no get up and go today....I did eek out LIC cardio premix.....my lower back is hurting and sittin in this chair all day for work isn't helping! People have actually been needing stuff for work, geez, don't they know I just want the money and not do the work?

Leisa, choc is my downfall too, especially at work when stressed.....I guess the key is not letting it get to you....easier said than done. I like to grumble about work but there is no one close to that I can and my DH although he works at the same company doesn't understand my need to grumble. My area is getting to be such a sweatshop that there is no chit chatting over chocolate. Right now I work at home but after the first of the year I just heard I'm in the office....or should I say I'll be in the row upon row of desks in a big room?

Mary, I love salty/sweet too, especially at taht time, thing is that time seems to be all the time these days. I've been starting the night sweats, my nightshirt is soaked and sometimes my pillow is so wet I have to turn it over. See what you all have to look forward to?

Murphy, I'd like a workout like that --- take it easy this month.....I was just thinking how does Cathe do it....or for that matter the older set that teaches exercise classes and do their own exercise too....my body would refuse to ever get out of bed......right now my body is saying "go lay down, my back hurts"

HI Ronne!

Well, I think I"ve suffered enough, time for some advil

Hi All,

This group is too funny. I am glad everyone seems to have a sense of humor, it makes this group more fun. I ended up doing abs last night and push-ups. I just started this 100 push-ups in 6 weeks thing. Yes, another new thing. It was only day 1 of week 1 so lets not get excited. I am trying to get DH to do it with me so I stay on track. This morning I went insane again. Okay, I thought my kneee hurt b/c I was pushing it to prepare for the 5k but my knee was aching a bit w/ Insanity this morning and I have not jogged since Sunday or Monday (???). I have only 3 more discs to go. I may have to wait until after the 5k, next Friday, to go insane again. I would hate to quit the program when I am so close to finishing it. :-(

Hi to everyone!

Murph

Hey, quick checkin----took it easy today and only did CoreMax seg 1. I figured out my back issue was from the deadlifts! Not a pain, just very DOMlike....That's one thing I don't like about STS, it seems in M2 there are lots of deadlifts (on the back day and on the leg day).

Murphy, you are a crazy woman....I don't think I could do the pushup thing, kudos to you, keep us informed on how you do. I can't believe you are almost done with Insanity but it is wise to take it easy before your 5K, especially since running a 5K seems like a new thing for you, right?

gotta run...I'll be reading yall's checkin statuses later today....so make them good I'm ready for a good read.

Hi everyone!

Murph - take it easy, don't kill yourself! ;) You've got to make it round the course next week, remember. Take advice from the group slacker here :eek:. I've looked at that pushups thing and thought about doing it but never got round to it (story of my life, hey?)
I'll let you know if I'm a Tracie fan when it gets here.

Lisa - I'm so relieved to see you having an easy day, superwoman! Don't blame you though, like you say you need to bank them when you can. I must admit, I looked at the new rotation though and thought I just can't face doing that. It's just too much, I'm not into to working out 6 days a week all out at the moment (not sure if I'll ever get back to that)

Leisa - welcome to the group. Hope we can help (or at least cheer you up!)

Mary - yeah, I'm the odd one out who prefers Imax 3 to 2. Takes all sorts! How was GS, did you manage it?

Well, kettlebells was the toughest so far on Tuesday so yesterday I took it easy and did some Pilates which was really good. Back to kettlebells tonight and it's going to be even tougher :confused:!

Won't be around tomorrow as I'm going on a school trip with DD's class. Am I mad?!

Have a good weekend everyone :D.

Hi Ladies,
I've noticed I can't stick to a rotation for a full four weeks. The only thing I ever stuck to consistently was Mesocycles 1 and 2 (with the active recovery week). I noticed such a difference (that was this Spring) and as you all know, I gained 6 pounds from April to Sept (doctor's records show this).

Anyway, my rotation this week has been interesting. It's almost like I had to do a conglomeration of things to stay motivated. So, last night, I did Drill Max warm up and Drills #1, #4, #2 and only did upper body from BM2, abs circuits with weights (NOT PLATES) and stretched.

Tonight, I am going to Zumba at the gym (I think:-/

If I don't make it, I will do my Dancin Abs Jazzercise DVD just to kinda go easy tonight. And I only had two SMALL chocolates today so far:-]

I hope to have some time to update again tonight and read what you ladies are up to!
Leisa

Hi everyone! It is almost Friday!!! Yeah!! Did GS CT yesterday, I went heavy on chest (for me) by the time I got to triceps my chest muscles were shaking so bad, I had to lighten my weight for triceps! Today will be 4DS KB, I have to do a quick w/o, kids have orthodontist appt. Ronne, where are you going on the field trip? How old are the kids? Last year went to the history museum with the kids, I fell asleep in my chair, the lecturer they had was soooo boring, I don't know how the kids stood it! Lisa, glad you gave yourself a little break. You have been working out so hard lately! Murphy, how is that knee? Be good to yourself! I am excited to hear about your run! Leisa, I hardly ever follow a rotation, I am not patient enough, Usually just do what ever is calling my name. Lately peanut m&m's have been screaming to me! Have a good night. Talk to ya tomorrow. Mary

Hi All,

Well, this morning I told myself, "10 more minutes". The next thing I knew it was 30 minutes later. Oops. I need the weather to hold out (supposed to rain) so I can get in a walk/jog at lunch. The folks are coming over tonight so I won't be able to get a workout in tonight. :-(

Lisa - yes, this 5k thing is new to me. I have not jogged for at least 5 years. This will be interesting. I jogged druing lunch yesterday and this time, my knee and back were hurting. !!!??? I don't know if it was the weather (really cold) or improper warm-up but, that knee was acting up.

Happy exercising to all.

Murph

quick checkin sorry for lack of personals....

Getting hit from all sides, so I reached for Cardio Coach #3.....after 15 mins of jogging, including 6 30 sec sprints at 7.0 I realized that SOMEONE left the treadmill on a 4% incline, no wonder I was dying!

Have a good weekend!

Hey, I just had to post this picture of Madison and me...she just got groomed and I just got my hair cut earlier in the week.

Attachments

• Photo on 2009-11-06 at 09.32 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-06 at 09.32 #2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 3

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.