The Chinup/Yoga Checkin 10-21

Miz Shelley -

I DO understand why you screamed - being able to do a pull-up is a BIG DEAL! Cograts, and keep it up! If you can do a wide grip pull-ups, I'll bet you can do several chins since they are easier. Have you tried those yet?

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Hey party girls, lol! I'm around, just haven't done anything too exciting to report of late. Unless you count yummy cookies n' cream ice cream, news ;) YUM.

Today I'm off to the gym with hubby. We'll do a run and then I'm not sure what lifting yet. Always my heavy day with him. My chins are up to 5 total and I can do one pull up. I haven't tried wide grip so I have no clue, but I won't speak to shellers either until I see hahaha.

Later yogichinnydonutgals MWAH :)

Debbie

*(Calvin): People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Hobbes): Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

Hi everyone! I was planning to do a long yoga practice today but wound up cooking all day after church (we got a new oven) and only had time to do 15 min of Short Forms and KPC abs. It's going to be a very busy week again, so I'm going to stick with efficient circuits in case I have to skip a day or two again. Plus, I think doing circuits for a while is probably a good way to get ready for the new workouts (can't wait!).

Have a great rest of your Sunday!:)

Hi! You people are animals.:7

I'm being a focused person and accomplishing some of my "projects".

I managed to squeeze in KPC and BC corework yesterday and am on my way to do GS-BSB. I have the urge to do chin negatives.:eek: But I'll try to refrain.

SHELLEY!!!! WAY TO GO!!! (pssst...now I must stop speaking to you in this thread because Sooooosan will beat me up. But I'll chat in the <---thread. shhhhh)

Gotta run. All you keep up the great work and insane posting.

With all the circuit talk lately, this morning, I decided to do Cardio & Weights as presented. It was great. A nice change as I usually do upper body seperate from legs and cardio. I will have to do Boot Camp one day this week. Thanks for helping me to shake it up a bit.

Then this evening I did another Pilates workout I got out of the library. I'm starting to like Pilates. I even ordered one off of Ebay.

Soooosan-do you ever do Pilates?

Joanne

OH NO....I feel a chin/yoga/pilates thread comin on:p :p ---I'm not ready for this yet. Please give me time.

Catherine....to be honest doing gaultlet after BC was kind of redundant (sp)...many of the same things came up again. Probably won't do this again, but this week I'm attempting to wake all my muscles up in preparation for a tough next week. I think I'm going to do some freestyling, heavy weight days along with Cathe's new stuff - fun fun fun.

Briee

Joanne, I do Pilates on occasion. Mostly, these days, alternating with yoga while on vacation. I like it and wish I had the time to do it more regularly, but weights, cardio and yoga are higher on the workout priority list. My favorite DVD's are Hilary Burnett's Intermediate, Ana Caban's Intermediate and Ana Caban's Pilates for Abs. I might just do some Pilates today now that you mention it.

Briee, sounds like you're back and raring to go! I wish I had your strength and stamina!

What are the rest of you up to today?

Sooooosan-

Oh good. Hilary Burnett's Intermediate is the one I ordered. The one I tried yesterday from the library was Hilary's Advanced and it was too advanced for me. I was laughing during some of the moves and thinking - yea right!

Joanne

>what are the rest of you doing?

Just got done doing Turbo Jam KPJ and then did Chest, Shoulders and tri's - my own. Okay not my own...a combination between AJ's and fitnessfreak (thanks Janie...I copied off some of her workouts that she's been posting - very interesting).

I dropped a #25 pound weight - not good. Was doing chest flies, the first few sets went fine, but decided to add one on at the end and for some reason...I just gave out. Glad no kids were in the room.:eek: :eek: :eek: Feeling much better workout wise...now let's hope this lasts!!

Briee

Hi everyone. I dislike being too busy to post much.

I did my GS BSB and yoga yesterday. Have doc's appts today and probably won't get a w/o. But I'm managing my 6 days per week w/o chin negatives, of course. I'm pleased that I'm getting stronger and increasing my weights in all workouts. Bring on the new DVDs!!!

Hey, Wil walked 8 ft without his walker today and w/o any parental assistance. He looked like "gramps" but he did it!

Briee, you're just exhausting me. Let's rest a bit, ok?:p

And I'll be driving past a couple of Dunkin Donuts...I'm sure the boys will INSIST we stop...at both. :9 }(

Joanne, I have Hilary's advanced and it just moves too fast for me. I think you'll like her intermediate much better.

Briee, I've printed out a few of Fitness Freak's rotations but haven't gotten to them yet. She has some goodies! And Melody's right, you're an animal! (Of course, those are my words, but I'm sure that's what she meant.:p)

Melody, tell Will I said WAY TO GO!!! How's he doing otherwise? You really are my hero, you know. And there's got to be an ice cream place or two you could stop at on your way (or at least a Krispy Kreme if you insist on donuts).

Ok, it's official, I am a bum!!!! No workout yesterday, and none today. x( x( x( Yikes and Hawaii is less than a month away- I really need to get my butt in gear.

Melody big hip hip hurray for Will!!! I bet he and all of you all were so excited. Glad to hear your workouts are going well. Pick up some Krispy Kreme's for us all would ya!!

Briee, careful with those 25 pounders girl!!!

Waving hi to all!!!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

>I'm sure they will insist on stopping at BOTH. Yep...I love your boys Melody. Give high fives to Wil...he'll be doin jacks in no time!!! You're my hero too! I love to hear about your guys!

You guys are WAY too encouraging.....you need to remember that I did diddly for many days. I don't think I even did diddly.

Re: #25er's....I only use them for a few things. What is downright, absolutely, insanely, incredible is AJ using #25 for rear delt flies. This is abnormal, beyond human, incomprehensibly amazing. She's not human. Joanne....is she human? Does she have an upperbody like a brick? I'm truly in awe. If I stay in good form and squeeze my rear delts....I'm pretty okay with 8#. I can struggle out #12 in a standing bent over position, but MAN THESE ARE TOUGH!!!!

AND I glanced over fitness freaks weights and viewed her pictures (what muscle!!!!) and by looking at her...you'd think she could pump out 18-20 chins no problem. I can't lift as heavy as her I don't have 1/2 the muscle she has, but I do quite a few chins - that to me is really weird. Doesn't always make sense. Her pix are encouraging....have you guys seen those?

Soosan...where did you find other rotations from her? I just printed out her last few workouts that she has printed in the hardcore maniac fitness site. She kindly has written it down with weightloads, reps etc.

Briee

Catherine, where's that smiley guy whip???

Joanne, thanks to you, I did Hilary Burnett's Intermediate Pilates yesterday which I haven't done in ages. It felt good and fit my time-crunched circuit week. Today I'll be doing another circuit - not quite sure which one.

Briee, that IS interesting that Fitness Freak can't do chin-ups. Has she been working on them? They seem to be very training-specific. I don't feel like such a wienie now. Her rotations are in the Rotations Forum. Do an author search for FitnessFreak and you should come up with several. (I'd do it for you but don't have the time this morning.)

Melody, how was the road trip? What'd you eat? What'd you eat?

Have a great day, whatever-everyone's-called-now!:)

One correction here. I didn't mean to say that she couldn't. I found one of her posts under the "hardcorers" where she recorded 3 sets of close grip pulls and it said that she did 6/4/4. I'm just amazed that with her incredible muscle mass she can't do 18-20. I do not have half her mass and can do 10-12 at best - but maybe it's because my muscle mass is lighter? The only reason I'm discussing this is my interest in the human musculature and how it responds to various stimuli. I could read for hours on this topic - it's just plain cool!!

I found it interesting that at the triathlon the women were "shaped" relatively average. They were NOT what I would consider ripped at all. This was an extremely "cardio" event. But when I see women that workout with heavy weights - their bodies are transformed - but their cardio isn't always as good. This is one of those things that fascinates me - could discuss it for hours.

Briee

Just because someone can lift a lot of weight using barbells and dumbbells, it does not necessarily translate into equal abliltiy with chin-ups, or push-ups for that matter. There's only one way to increase your count on chins, and that's to do them. Increasing your weights with, say, lat pulldowns, will not help. Speaking from experience. I would say doing something like inverted rows WOULD help.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

I know you're right HB....you just have to do them, but it's just so amazing to me that someone lifting such heavy weights can't get more pullup reps - have you seen deb's pictures? - they are amazing. She has done such an incredible job of building her body.

I know it's the same with pushups...you can bench press weights all day and not crank out endless pushups unless you DO THEM. :7 :7 :7. BUT STILL...she's has SO MUCH muscle mass (it's beautiful Deb - don't in any way think we are saying ANYTHING negative about what you're doing if you happen to read this :7 :7 :7 ).

Briee

A lot of big, bulky guys who lift huge weights can't do pull-ups or pushups. Bodyweight exercise is very humbling.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.