That's it! Im going to get a big boobs!

Wow, thank you fit44! Now I think I'm changing my mind again after reading some thread on that breast implant forum. I'm really now confused, lol! I still have a long ways to think about this. I'm definitely not in a rush.

I wonder what it is like to get them lifted. And maybe reduced, Do u have to have implants? I want my just put where they need to be.

To Renee

:
I wonder what it is like to get them lifted. And maybe reduced, Do u have to have implants? I want my just put where they need to be.

Lol Renee, I see what you mean...
I wish we could all just glue them at the right place of our trunk lol ;)

Dear boobies could you please stay put 4ever?:D:D:D

You do not have to have implants BTW

Last edited:

No! You do not have to have implants.:) Many women with implants eventually need a lift. A lift and reduction require a skilled reconstruction surgeon. The risks to a lift are almost the same as implants, but you are at higher risk for nerve damage or nipple death. Yes, your nipples can die if the circulation is cut off. You can experience nerve damage with implants as well.

I know I sound like the voice of doom here, sorry I don't mean to. It's important to know all the possible risks. No one could talk me out of my first surgery. It was that important to me.
Do not price shop for a surgeon! The best surgeons do not have to drum up business. A good surgeon will not try to sell you a procedure, they will inform you of all the risks and discuss your expectations.

Last edited:
No! You do not have to have implants.:) Many women with implants eventually need a lift. A lift and reduction require a skilled reconstruction surgeon. The risks to a lift are almost the same as implants, but you are at higher risk for nerve damage or nipple death. Yes, your nipples can die if the circulation is cut off. You can experience nerve damage with implants as well.

I know I sound like the voice of doom here, sorry I don't mean to. It's important to know all the possible risks. No one could talk me out of my first surgery. It was that important to me.
Do not price shop for a surgeon! The best surgeons do not have to drum up business. A good surgeon will not try to sell you a procedure, they will inform you of all the risks and discuss your expectations.

Thank you. No voice of doom playing through just honesty. :)

Hi guys

I mostly lurk here but wanted to reply to this one.

Like many have said, if you are seriously considering this, go to an implant forum and talk to the women there, make sure you have ALL your information and are 100% informed of your decision. Make sure the surgeon you go to is Board Certified in both Surgery and Plastic Surgery. You want to know what fill you want, where you want the incision, do you want under or over the muscle, etc.

I have implants. I hate them. I am 36 yrs old. I was a heavy child and had size C breasts until I hit 20 and started working out and eating clean. Then I went from a C to a barely there A. I was thrilled that my body was healthy and fit, but I now had deflated "empty" breasts. I called them my empty socks. lol

I was so sad and wanted my body to be proportionate, I have broad shoulders and I wanted breasts so badly. I did tons of research and got implants. I told my surgeon to give me a size that was appropriate for my build. I ended up with 425 cc's. They were WAYYYYYYYYYYY too big for me and I felt extrememly uncomfortable with the. I even wore minimizer bras for 2 yrs to try to hide them. They just seemed so large and fake to me.

I went back and got them reduced. I wanted to just get them removed but DH and my surgeon said i would likely not be happy getting rid of them, so I went smaller. Now I have 350 or 325, im not certain, but still - I am not happy. They feel fake to me. Maybe its because Im shy, i am NOT a flashy girl at all. i do NOT wear tops showing cleavage and Im very shy. So maybe thats why i am unhappy.

I honestly wish I had never got them. The other thing is that once you get them, you have to have another surgery eventually - as they only last so many years.

To be honest, I can't wait for 10 yrs to come so I can get them removed and maybe get a lift. I still wear minimizer bras now. I dont like feeling that I "have fake boobs" -

I know everyone is different but I just wanted to share my story.

fit44 said:

No thankyou. I'm glad to get all info I can. I anm thinking of lifting and a mini facelift but I need to know all risks because if after I hear risks n I still want to then save money I will but if the risk scares me then it probably wouldn't be worth it. So thank you. I love honesty.

Grace10209 said:
Hi guys

I mostly lurk here but wanted to reply to this one.

Like many have said, if you are seriously considering this, go to an implant forum and talk to the women there, make sure you have ALL your information and are 100% informed of your decision. Make sure the surgeon you go to is Board Certified in both Surgery and Plastic Surgery. You want to know what fill you want, where you want the incision, do you want under or over the muscle, etc.

I have implants. I hate them. I am 36 yrs old. I was a heavy child and had size C breasts until I hit 20 and started working out and eating clean. Then I went from a C to a barely there A. I was thrilled that my body was healthy and fit, but I now had deflated "empty" breasts. I called them my empty socks. lol

I was so sad and wanted my body to be proportionate, I have broad shoulders and I wanted breasts so badly. I did tons of research and got implants. I told my surgeon to give me a size that was appropriate for my build. I ended up with 425 cc's. They were WAYYYYYYYYYYY too big for me and I felt extrememly uncomfortable with the. I even wore minimizer bras for 2 yrs to try to hide them. They just seemed so large and fake to me.

I went back and got them reduced. I wanted to just get them removed but DH and my surgeon said i would likely not be happy getting rid of them, so I went smaller. Now I have 350 or 325, im not certain, but still - I am not happy. They feel fake to me. Maybe its because Im shy, i am NOT a flashy girl at all. i do NOT wear tops showing cleavage and Im very shy. So maybe thats why i am unhappy.

I honestly wish I had never got them. The other thing is that once you get them, you have to have another surgery eventually - as they only last so many years.

To be honest, I can't wait for 10 yrs to come so I can get them removed and maybe get a lift. I still wear minimizer bras now. I dont like feeling that I "have fake boobs" -

I know everyone is different but I just wanted to share my story.

I appreciate your input:)

I have implants as well. Got them about 10 years ago. Overall I am very happy with them though I do wish I went a bit bigger and even went for a consult to see about increasing my size at one time. I ended up putting that decision on hold though and I probably won't consider a size increase again now unless/until mine need to be replaced at some point and perhaps not at all. It depends on how I feel about it when the time comes!

Do your research, get a reputable doctor and consider the size very carefully! Also make sure your expectations are not unreasonable! Everyone's body is different so the same size and style implants will look different on everyone! My SIL got hers done after me. We have the same size/style implant but compared to me, she looks HUGE! She is a smaller person with a much smaller/narrow frame and chest wall so her implants come out more and she has cleavage that I would NEVER have no matter how big I might go! Just food for thought so you are not needlessly dissappointed! :)

No thankyou. I'm glad to get all info I can. I anm thinking of lifting and a mini facelift but I need to know all risks because if after I hear risks n I still want to then save money I will but if the risk scares me then it probably wouldn't be worth it. So thank you. I love honesty.

If you decide to get a lift, look for a surgeon who specializes in breast reconstruction, who is also a microsurgeon.

I did mine 3 years ago and it was the best decision I made for myself. I went from a 34A to 34C which is totally proportionate with my body. Nobody can even tell they are fake. PM me if you have any questions.

This is a nice reply from Kariev. It's always interesting to me to hear how someone who has implants feels about them. I got mine 22 years ago - I still have the originals, no problems. They are silicone. I also went from a 34A to a 34C and that was the perfect size for my body. However, I can tell they are fake and sometimes I think that others can too because I really don't have much fat on my upper body. I think that would help them look more natural.
This really is a personal decision. While it's great to read forums and get other people's advice, I wouldn't go by that alone or let it scare you. There are some really horrible stories out there that, thankfully, I had no clue about way back when I got mine. I really wanted them and I got them based on my own feelings. I think that the most important thing, once you finally decide to do it, is to get a good surgeon, follow the recovery instructions and do not overdo it during recovery. You can do some damage if you try to do too much too soon. Good luck with your decision. Tracy

Tracy, 22 years is a long time to have the original silicone. Have you had them checked through a MRI?

Tracy, 22 years is a long time to have the original silicone. Have you had them checked through a MRI?

Obviously I don't know the protocal for this, but is an MRI what you should do? My sister has also had silicone implants for over 20 years and has never had them checked. She gets terrible migraines, and I sometimes suspect that her implants might be the cause.

For years she thought it was hormones from her cycle, but she is through menopause and still has the migraines. I want to offer her advice about getting them checked, but am not sure what she should do.

TIA!

Obviously I don't know the protocal for this, but is an MRI what you should do? My sister has also had silicone implants for over 20 years and has never had them checked. She gets terrible migraines, and I sometimes suspect that her implants might be the cause.

She really should have an MRI. With silicone, you can have a silent rupture. The FDA recommends routine MRI every 2-3 years for the new silicone. I'm not sure what the protocol is for the old. The old silicone was banned.
She really shouldn't wait for a rupture. If she schedules an explant or implant exchange, I'm certain the surgeon will require an MRI.

There is a member on this forum who had the original silicone implants for over 20 years and they were ruptured. If I remember correctly, she had developed necrosis weeks after the removal. I'm hoping she shares her experience.

She really should have an MRI. With silicone, you can have a silent rupture. The FDA recommends routine MRI every 2-3 years for the new silicone. I'm not sure what the protocol is for the old. The old silicone was banned.
She really shouldn't wait for a rupture. If she schedules an explant or implant exchange, I'm certain the surgeon will require an MRI.

There is a member on this forum who had the original silicone implants for over 20 years and they were ruptured. If I remember correctly, she had developed necrosis weeks after the removal. I'm hoping she shares her experience.

Thank you for your knowledge!

So she could have a rupture and not even know it? I thought you could tell when one ruptured. That's scary!

Thank you again!

Thank you for your knowledge!

So she could have a rupture and not even know it? I thought you could tell when one ruptured. That's scary!

Thank you again!

She can have a rupture and not know it. When silicone is implanted in the body, the body's natural defense is to build a pocket around it. The implant can rupture and the silicone remain in the pocket, but slowly spill out over time. The changes can be so subtle the woman would not know it.
Some women who have lived with silent ruptures for years need lymph nodes removed because they are filled with silicone.

She can have a rupture and not know it. When silicone is implanted in the body, the body's natural defense is to build a pocket around it. The implant can rupture and the silicone remain in the pocket, but slowly spill out over time. The changes can be so subtle the woman would not know it.
Some women who have lived with silent ruptures for years need lymph nodes removed because they are filled with silicone.

Wow! I had no idea and I wonder if she does. It's kind of a touchy subject between us because she knows I was scared for her to get implants all those years ago. We are very close but rarely speak of it. I do wonder if she knows this. I will have to say something, touchy or not.

Again, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge. It's very educational and enlightening!

fit44 said:

Hear hear!!

Just want to update some of you who wants to know if i ever did the breast augmentation...I have my surgery date to June 9th!

I was watching Cathe's YouTube live workout & seems like her boobs gotten bigger? Anybody noticed that too? I wonder if she had breast augmentation? She looks awesome!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.