Thank you, Cathe!!!

jdimascio

Cathlete
Just a quick note to thank you. I ran the Broad Street Run yesterday and beat my best time. I ran 2 times a week for training, and the rest was all you!!!! Your strength and cardio workouts are the best training tools for me. Thanks for being the "best trainer" and proving that I can get older I still get faster!!!!:eek:

You are so amazing Jenn. (both Jenns) and CAthe is an awesome trainer. She is my secret weapon when it comes to contest prep :)

You are so amazing Jenn. (both Jenns) and CAthe is an awesome trainer. She is my secret weapon when it comes to contest prep :)

Thanks so much, Kristin!

Yep, Cathe is the best!!! I have a hard time keeping her as a secret, just can't tell my competition...hee hee.

Good Luck in your competition! I'll be rooting for you from Philly.

You rock girl! Way to go! And congrats for your personal records, great times! Just one question : a friend of mine runs marathon and wants to improve endurance and increase speed. Which of Cathe's workout helped you more in this? Hiit once a week? And how abiut lifting? Do you go heavy or give more space to endurance focused workouts? I know Cathe's workouts provide so many benefits that applying them to another sport discipline must take it to another whole level!
THank you for sharing your results and inspiring us with your new goals achieved !

You rock girl! Way to go! And congrats for your personal records, great times! Just one question : a friend of mine runs marathon and wants to improve endurance and increase speed. Which of Cathe's workout helped you more in this? Hiit once a week? And how abiut lifting? Do you go heavy or give more space to endurance focused workouts? I know Cathe's workouts provide so many benefits that applying them to another sport discipline must take it to another whole level!
THank you for sharing your results and inspiring us with your new goals achieved !

Do you happen to know what she is currently doing? I have done marathons in the past, so I have always had the endurance, it's really the speed that I try to focus now that I no longer do marathons but focus on half marathons, 10 milers and even 5Ks. I like to mix up my runs a lot...keep the body guessing and to change up the focus. So when I train using weights and different cards, I always change things up. I have done STS plenty of times, but after I do a round I will change up the focus. I particularly like strength workouts that focus on 10-12, but also doing high reps. 3 day split work best for me, and I usually add an extra leg day (typically high reps). As far as building speed, plyometric workouts like Cathe's Hiit, CCC, and any of the Imaxes are perfect. For my runs I like to do one steady state long distance a week (to help with endurance) and one run speed intervals (shorter). For a marathon, your friend will need more than 2 runs a week. The long run should continue to get longer throughout her training until she is ready to taper. The key to running a good marathon is to pace yourself...I am usually guilty of going out to fast, when it's better to have negative splits. It makes for a much more enjoyable race too.

I hope this helps!!

Thank you Jenn for all your infos! She already runs marathons, trains 4 to 6 days a week but does not lift any weight.She has a pretty lean muscular body and wants to build speed ... I am trying to make her change her mind and start to do Hiit once a week and lifting at least once a week. Her main concern is to develop too much muscle which means more weight to carry while running, I don't know how to tell her that using moderate weights will not make her any harm. Anyway, I will tell her about your experience and hope she will start to train more smartly! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.