Texas Road Trip Feedback Wanted

SNM Videos

Administrator
Hello Texas Cathletes. We’re getting ready to make our final decision on the Texas Cathlete Road trip and need your help. We’ve been looking at three locations in Texas for October 2010, including Lost Pines, Horeshoe Bay Resort , and the Woodlands Resort.

I know Lost Pines was highly recommended by several Cathletes , but it has two problems. We would have to charge $399 instead of $299 because of food costs and the lack of availability of the main banquet room could cause the trip to Texas to be delayed until next year. So, Lost Pines is not looking good at the moment, but not completely ruled out.

Horseshoe Bay currently has availability in October and could handle a maximum of 120 Cathletes. This resort features a beautiful 54 hole Golf course that might be attractive to spouses who want to also come and the resort even has the world’s best “Real” miniature golf course. Maybe we could have a Cathlete Miniature Golf Pro Am Championship if we select this location? Horseshoe Bay also has a nice Yacht which the resort would let us use for a short cruise on the lake.

The Woodlands is located near Houston and probably the easiest to get to from the Airport. This facility could handle about 140 Cathletes and features two championship golf courses, 21 tennis courts, and the Forest Oasis Waterscape with hours of endless fun for everyone in your family. The Woodlands features beautiful hiking trails that could also add a nice unique outdoor flavor to this event.

If anyone has stayed at these resorts we would like to get your feedback ASAP. We plan on making our final decision within the next few days.

Woodlands

Although I haven't stayed at any of the places mentioned, based on the information provided and lightly perusing the Websites, my vote would be for Woodlands for easier transportation access and keeping the price as is for the trip.

By the way, although we did not get a survey to provide feedback from the San Diego trip, I would like to mention that I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and variety of food that was provided at the Loews Coronado. I expected fairly typical banquet fare and that was not even remotely the case. I hope that will continue to be the case on the destination trips

Road trip meals

Our goal with all of our remote trips is to keep the meals as high quality as possible, but this really depends on the site location and on what we can realistically charge for the event. Meals at almost any major resort run between $30 and $100 per person per meal. Taxes and gratuities add another 22-30% to the bill. With each off location event having 5 meals I think you can see how this one expense eats up our entire budget. Still, we understand the importance of good food and this is where our event planners spend most of their time negotiating the contracts trying to make each new road trip even better.

We will always try to keep our road trips as affordable as we can, but there will be times when we will have to charge more for certain events. As an example, we're currently working with Disney for a very special Cathe Road trip tentatively to be held in the Summer of 2011. This event will be handled by Disney event planners and will have that special Disney magic touch that they are so famous for. Each meal will have live Disney entertainment and we will have special events handled by Disney for your kids and spouses for those wanting to make this a fun and unique family vacation. The Disney Tour event will also last a day or two longer than our normal events do and will take full advantage of many the Disney facilities and attractions.

We're still learning with each trip we do, but our goal is to constantly improve each event as we go. Everyone should expect some really good food in Texas and we hope we exceed your expectations.

I already responded to this before, but I'm with Nancy on this -- my vote is for the Woodlands. Not just because it is closer to me, but it does have really quick access from the airport to the hotel like the Woodlands. Plus the Woodlands is a very beautiful place. Horseshoe Bay resort would be my next vote -- I Mapquested it and I see that it is outside of Austin. I'm not really familiar with Austin, but by looking at the map, it doesn't have the easy access from the airport like the Woodlands location. This is just my opinion, however. I'm really excited you are doing it in October (the temperature weather-wise will be MUCH better than if it was done during the summer months). Thank you again Cathe for coming to Texas -- I couldn't make the July Glassboro trip this year like I usually do (did it the past 3 years!), but will definitely catch up with you in October (no matter where you go in Texas!).

One more thing -- I would love to know the deal you get with Disney. My niece, Tiffany Thornton, plays Tawni Hart in the Disney Show "Sonny With a Chance". That would be really great if you were going to be at the filming location for this show (in Los Angeles)! I could bring my family out and I would workout with you and my family would go see Tiffany while I was working out (and I would get to see her later)! That would be awesome!!

Horseshoe Bay in Austin is beautiful and the weather in Austin is beautiful in October.I know the Woodlands and it is beautiful too. I think Austin is just a lot nicer. I can't wait for this roadtrip. October is my anniversary month and it is my favorite month. I don't care where we go on this roadtrip cause I am there. So very exciting. I like the fact also that The Woodlands can accomodate more of us. Just that many more friends to meet.

Thanks Cathe for coming out to Texas.

Veronika

My sister Monika is going to the Glassboro RT. Maybe I can convince her to come to the Texas RT.

Disney Road Trip

I'm so excited about the Disney plan!!! Would it be California or Florida???:D:D

Disney Florida will be first, but we're also looking at Disney Hawaii that will open shortly. We're planning on returning to San Diego in 2011, but Disney California may still be a possibility at a future date.

Horseshoe Bay in Austin is beautiful and the weather in Austin is beautiful in October.I know the Woodlands and it is beautiful too. I think Austin is just a lot nicer. I can't wait for this roadtrip. October is my anniversary month and it is my favorite month. I don't care where we go on this roadtrip cause I am there. So very exciting. I like the fact also that The Woodlands can accomodate more of us. Just that many more friends to meet.

Thanks Cathe for coming out to Texas.

Veronika

My sister Monika is going to the Glassboro RT. Maybe I can convince her to come to the Texas RT.

It looks like it's going to be The Woodlands during the second weekend in October. Our event planners reserved space today, but contracts will take a few more days to be agreed to and signed off on. Once everything is signed and confirmed we will make a formal announcement.

Daytona

I think so. We really loved Daytona and the facility, but we feel that we need to first go to some other parts of the country before returning to Daytona. We're curious though of the people that went last year how many would do it again?

Cathe:
You are so lucky to be able to go to all these fun places. I wonder if there is a way that I can go to all of them. :D I don't think so, but it is nice to dream!

I think so. We really loved Daytona and the facility, but we feel that we need to first go to some other parts of the country before returning to Daytona. We're curious though of the people that went last year how many would do it again?

I was not able to go to daytona last year. I live 3 hrs away from Daytona, so I would go!
Tracy

Hi SNM!
I would do Daytona again in a heartbeat!!!! LOVED IT! It was your first EB tour trip and it was flawless... you guys are awesome; I don't know how you pull it off time after time.
KUDOS!

I'm totally excited, can't believe the great news. Hawaii, San Diego!!!I can't wait to see what develops. I'm starting a "Cathe" saving account to be able to participate in as many RT's as I can. Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for the registration to Woodlands to be announced. Thank you Cathe, SNM and Egglands Best!

linda

I used to live in Houston, and the Woodlands is quite nice. You should check the schedule for concerts at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion. That's a concert forum that brings in great talent. You can get seats inside the pavillion or you can get cheap seats and sit on the lawn. There's also a nice mall there with water around it. It's a nice area. Take an umbrella because it rains there. Have fun!

PS I sooooo wish you'd do a live road trip DVD to sell to us jealous people who will probably never be able to join you for a real road trip. Wouldn't it be fun to have a live DVD???? What do you think???

Help us plan and budget for 2011 Road Trips

SNM,

Please, will it be possible to release the destination list for the 2011 Road Trips ASAP. Thanks,

linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.