Terri Schiavo Dies

You know, I didn't follow the whole thing. My Dad kept trying to drag me into a conversation about it last weekend, but I just said it wasn't my business. There's no way anyone outside of it can know the whole story, so I refused to form an opinion.

Of course, I also hope that she will be at peace and her family can heal.

I am disgusted with the behavior of some of the "adults" surrounding her, but she is in a place where she will feel no more pain and for that I am happy for her.

As cold as this may sound...I'm glad I can watch the news without hearing about it.

Now if only the Michael Jackson thing would go away...

My heart goes out to the family, it was such a bitter fight and in the end Michael denied them in her room in her last hour of life. that breaks my heart. They should have been allowed in the room also to say their goodbyes.

>My heart goes out to the family, it was such a bitter fight
>and in the end Michael denied them in her room in her last
>hour of life. that breaks my heart. They should have been
>allowed in the room also to say their goodbyes.

I agree. That just proves to me what kind of person I knew he was all along. My heart is broken.

>My heart goes out to the family, it was such a bitter fight
>and in the end Michael denied them in her room in her last
>hour of life. that breaks my heart. They should have been
>allowed in the room also to say their goodbyes.

Yes, I agree, that was an awful thing for him to do...

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

This put a really dark spin on my day. If anything, I learned that I really need to put some things in writing, just in case. It's a hard thought though...x(

I hope she's in a better place. My heart goes out to her family. They've been through so much.

Pinky

It's a sad day in America. The bottom line of this Terri's killing was that she had no written directive. Had she wanted to die so badly, she would have died 15 years ago. She obviously had a strong will to live.

Her "husband" waited 7 years after her mysterious collapse to come up with the his heresay "she wouldn't want to live like this". crap. He's dispicable. Did any of you know the creep had Terri's two cats put to sleep while he was planning his first shack up with one his many girlfriends? Apparently the girlfriend had a dog. The cats would be too much trouble, a burden. Put them to sleep. He did the same thing to Terri by starving her to death. Her cats died more humanely. I was even more sickened when his creepy attorney, Felos called a press conference this week to say Terri was resting comfortably and had a stuffed animal under her arm, "a tabby cat". I wanted to vomit.

May Terri rest in peace. Michael will have God to answer to. I'm praying for her real family, the Schindlers.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's my understanding that the next round of legal battles will be over who is qualified to do the autopsy and then, what kind of funeral and burial arrangements are to be made. The parents lost a fight over cremation, but they would like to have it postponed until after a funeral with her body. I just wish the media would lay off this thing. I think it just makes people crazier than they already are to have constant updates and press conferences with priests, family, lawyers, news reporters from all over the place. Maybe if the whole world was not constantly being updated, the conflict would be resolved in a more amicable way.

My husband is an autopsy pathologist and according to law the husband is the next of kin not the parents. The parents are only involved if there is no husband or children or if the person is under 18. So I guess I dont see why there was this big fight to begin with. Its a very private situation made way too public. I feel sorry for Terri in many ways.

>It's a sad day in America. The bottom line of this Terri's
>killing was that she had no written directive. Had she wanted
>to die so badly, she would have died 15 years ago. She
>obviously had a strong will to live.
>
>Her "husband" waited 7 years after her mysterious collapse to
>come up with the his heresay "she wouldn't want to live like
>this". crap. He's dispicable. Did any of you know the creep
>had Terri's two cats put to sleep while he was planning his
>first shack up with one his many girlfriends? Apparently the
>girlfriend had a dog. The cats would be too much trouble, a
>burden. Put them to sleep. He did the same thing to Terri by
>starving her to death. Her cats died more humanely. I was
>even more sickened when his creepy attorney, Felos called a
>press conference this week to say Terri was resting
>comfortably and had a stuffed animal under her arm, "a tabby
>cat". I wanted to vomit.
>
>May Terri rest in peace. Michael will have God to answer to.
>I'm praying for her real family, the Schindlers.

YES! I also heard that about her "husband" having her two HEALTHY cats put to sleep after her collapse. Sounds to me like he was really trying to carry out her wishes. I hope he's happy now. Ugh! Oh, and Felos' news conference later today....I'm not even going to watch it.

FYI, contrary to the spin of Michael's Schiavo's attorney Felos, Michael isn't the one who "wants" the autopsy. Florida law MANDATES an autopsy whenever a cremation is desired by the deceased's next of kin. That's about the only law the state of Florida got right. :(

The parents say they want a medical examiner with special expertise in detecting possible abuse. They apparently have claimed that their daughter's original brain injuries may have been caused by her husband beating her and damaging part of her cervical cord. The husband is satisfied with the local medical examiner doing the autopsy and simply wants confirmation that his wife was really brain dead.

Okay, so it's clear to me that Michael and Terri's parents are going to battle and argue over ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!! Sickening! Absolutely sickening...LEAVE IT ALONE! Let the poor thing rest in peace already, will ya!?!? Jeesh! x( x( x(

Sorry, it just makes me mad that she's passed and they continue to argue...

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.