Taylor or Katharine

My tickets were $38.00, but with the fees, tax, etc. the total came to $96.00 for 2. They are not bad seats - straight in front of the stage, but in the nosebleed seats.

Sweetie Pie is going with me - he's watched all the shows with me. He wasn't quite as passionate about the whole thing, but he seemed to enjoy the whole process. We'll both be watching tonight, with me being the most vocal at the end!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Taylor! (though I'd dock him points for the first outfit!).

Round 1: definitely Taylor's.

Round 2: I was not as impressed with Katharine's performance as the judges. Sometimes, she would say her final "r's" (like in "over") very harshly (American final r's can be quite harsh, but there are ways of singing them to soften them, which she didn't). And Taylor seemed somehow lacking in his usual energy. Like he was bored with te song a bit.

Round 3: aside from the sucky songs (who writes those formulatic crappy tunes? Katharine's sounded like a rehash of Kelly Clarkson's, with a different tune, but the same ideas), I though Katharine blew it big time. I was wondering if the judges were hearing the same thing I was? She sounded off-key to me several times.

(I'm also thinking that the contestants who DON'T win might be in better shape, because they won't be forced to sing the crappy song the winner will have to put on his/her first album!

$38.00??? How did I miss those? Have a great time...how FUN! I am quite jealous! Enjoy the show tonight...I'll be listening for your screams over here! (The noise you hear from this part of town will be us shouting when he wins!) My BIL is in from Fla. and is coming over for an American Idol~PapaBear Pizza party with us.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Who the heck writes those "1st Single" songs???!!! They are so-so every year, and I'm glad Randy had the guts to say he was not happy with them.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

I liked both of those songs..."My Destiny"...agree, she had a bit of trouble with being off-key but LOVED the song. I also liked Taylor's "Do I Make You Proud". Not sure I got the titles/names right but I really like the songs. They had so much meaning in the words and were very appropriate I thought. (Don't mean to disagree Kathryn, just saying I liked them. :7)

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

>Taylor! (though I'd dock him points for the first outfit!).
>
>Round 1: definitely Taylor's.
>
>Round 2: I was not as impressed with Katharine's performance
>as the judges. Sometimes, she would say her final "r's" (like
>in "over") very harshly (American final r's can be quite
>harsh, but there are ways of singing them to soften them,
>which she didn't). And Taylor seemed somehow lacking in his
>usual energy. Like he was bored with te song a bit.
>
>Round 3: aside from the sucky songs (who writes those
>formulatic crappy tunes? Katharine's sounded like a rehash of
>Kelly Clarkson's, with a different tune, but the same ideas),
>I though Katharine blew it big time. I was wondering if the
>judges were hearing the same thing I was? She sounded off-key
>to me several times.
>
>(I'm also thinking that the contestants who DON'T win might be
>in better shape, because they won't be forced to sing the
>crappy song the winner will have to put on his/her first
>album!

I often wondered when listening to Kat about her Mother teaching her, because she often sings incorrectly which causes her pitch problems. The r's are just one example of that, she also has trouble with the long e sound, which also can absolutely ruin your pitch if you don't open it up with a more rounded tone.

I voted for Taylor 40 times last night. I was up til midnight doing so, and am tired today. But I hope he wins.

Katharine isn't bad - I thought from the beginning that she was the best female, but the last several weeks weren't very good for her - esp. when she sang Elvis. Yuck. And last night, her first song and last song she sucked at. Booooring. Thank goodness she didn't stay on her knees like she did the first time she sang that song. Over the Rainbow was good, but something about her annoys me. She does this Mariah Carey thing with her voice that I can't stand. She seems a little snooty too.

Taylor has grown on me. I really liked Chris and was bummed when he lost, though I know he'll be successful. I voted for Elliot last week and hope he finds his niche. But Taylor is good - I like his raspy voice and some songs he sounds great. He sounds better when he doesn't dance around so much, but that's part of his personality. After last night's performance, he deserves to win, and I'm ready for someone "different" to win anyway.

I really, really hope Taylor wins! He is just so full of life! I love watching him. Now we have to sit through a 2 hour show to find out...
Lori:)

I don't think I can sit through 2 hrs of fluffy nonsense tonight. No offense to the idols, but I'd rather just hear who won. I don't wanna hear/watch any craptacular, cheestastic songs/commercials.

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

Taylor should win. However, just remember who is doing the voting! Teenaged girls. They will more likely vote for Katharine. Though she needs to learn to not "show off" her voice so much, but to use her voice as more of a vehicle to show off the song, Katharine has a lot of talent.

But Taylor is different, charming and fun. I would have preferred Chris! But I'll bet the young girls give it to Katharine.

> I really, really hope Taylor wins! He is just so full of
>life! I love watching him. Now we have to sit through a 2 hour
>show to find out...
> Lori:)

Not me! I'm tuning in for the last 15 minutes (or maybe even onlyn "picture in picture" unless it falls during a commercial from "Lost"). The rest is all fluff!

I never watch any of these shows, I'm in bed so early for work the next day. Since I am off today, I watched most of last night's show. I'm so glad I did, since that is all anyone is talking about! I was impressed with both, and not being a big follower of the show, don't really care who wins. They both have a huge amount of talent though, don't they?

I am doing the remote control dance tonight. I will be switching back to Idol during Lost commercials, Lost is a much better show, imo, but I am really curious to see how they show Taylor as the winner.

Well, I'm glad he won, although I thought Kathryn was better last night than she was all season - maybe because she was more relaxed because the contest was over at that point. The whole show was good - I stayed awake for the whole 2 hours. The finalists worked well together which is a good preview of what the tour show will be like. I'm looking forward to it in Cleveland in July! Clay Aiken's hair was a surprise! He looks like the Beatles in the early '60's!

Yeah Taylor! I found myself flipping back to the show every once in a while. Some of that was pretty hysterical. I didn't even realize that was Clay. Woah, nelly. That whole segment had me rolling. It was nice to see the top idols come back and sing. Some of them are really and truly talented.

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

Okay, admittedly, I have seen almost none of this season because I was getting home from work so late. Just a glimpse here and there and enough to know that I REALLY liked Elliot.

All I saw last night was the last song, the one from Dirty Dancing. Based upon just that song, Katherine had much better stage presence, body movement and a much better voice. So, just based on that, I think she would have been a great AI. I can only assume the reason most of you prefer Taylor is based upon his other performances during the course of the season, rather than that song. She did a beautiful job,looked like million bucks and owned the stage.

-Nancy

Nancy,

I am not sure what the hype is about Taylor. In the past, his performances were compared to a drunk dad singing at a wedding. I think the website votefortheworst.com contributed to him winning. I wish you could have seen Chris...he was the best, IMO.

Sara
http://www.picturetrail.com/saraburnham1

I really like Elliott, too - I hope he does well and gets a lot of good advise to make a great career for himself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.