tara stiles

kariev

Cathlete
has anyone read her "slim calm sexy yoga" book or gotten her workout "yoga anywhere"? If so, what are you thoughts? Are they worth the $

I really like her yoga clips on YouTube. I have been wondering about her yoga anywhere DVD too. I hope someone chips in with an opinion.

Sorry, I cannot offer an opinion on her book or DVD but i also really enjoy her YouTube clips.:)

She is the lead instructor on the Elle yoga DVD with Brooklyn Decker. Totalfitnessdvds where I like to buy my workouts carries that. The yoga anywhere seems to be only available at amazon.

I did just get that Elle yoga dvd from Mary, but haven't had a chance to try it yet..... maybe tomorrow.

i just ordered her book through amazon and will let you know how it is when i get it. still debating on the dvd.

Ok...... I liked the workout. It has two workouts -- one is 20 minutes and they claim more of a relaxing/stretching, the second is 25 minutes and more of a workout. I feel like I don't have a whole lot of experience with yoga dvds, so I'm not sure how to comment, but here goes..... I did them in reverse order to get the harder stuff out of the way. :) The whole thing is more lower body intensive -- not a whole lot of work for the upper body. There's a lot of work done on one standing leg in both workouts, but more so in the first. There is one backbend at the end of the first. She does crow a couple of times in the second. Those are probably the hardest moves. She has very little relaxation at the end, fwiw. Any specific questions? Feel free to pm me.... I'm not on cathe forums much anymore....

Ok...... I liked the workout. It has two workouts -- one is 20 minutes and they claim more of a relaxing/stretching, the second is 25 minutes and more of a workout. I feel like I don't have a whole lot of experience with yoga dvds, so I'm not sure how to comment, but here goes..... I did them in reverse order to get the harder stuff out of the way. :) The whole thing is more lower body intensive -- not a whole lot of work for the upper body. There's a lot of work done on one standing leg in both workouts, but more so in the first. There is one backbend at the end of the first. She does crow a couple of times in the second. Those are probably the hardest moves. She has very little relaxation at the end, fwiw. Any specific questions? Feel free to pm me.... I'm not on cathe forums much anymore....

Thank you so much. I am going to take the plunge with this. Your opinion really helped. I like to end every workout with yoga and two short sessions, one of which is stretchy fit the bill.

Vee,
Please share your impressions as well when you get the DVD and try it. :)

Kariev,
I'm also interested in hearing how you like the book when you get it.

I will be glad to post my opinion. I just ordered Elle yoga and Michelle Carmichael's Soul Fuel along with my pre order for Atletica and Powerstrike 6 at totalfitnessdvds. I was tempted to get the new Will Power & Grace Mile High too, but decided I was being excessive and should rein in.

Last edited:
So I wanted to come back and let you all know that I love Tara's book. It has loads of info and a ton of different 15 minute yoga practices for all types of ailments. There is a lot of research spread throughout about the benefits of yoga. She has beautiful clear pictures and discriptions of all the different poses as well as some success stories of how yoga has helped people with various conditions as well as weight loss. I recommend it.

Thanks for the recommendation Kariev. I'm going to check out the book when i have the chance. There is something about Tara Stiles that makes her very likeable. That always comes through on all the YouTube clips i've seen of her.

Thanks for the recommendation Kariev. I'm going to check out the book when i have the chance. There is something about Tara Stiles that makes her very likeable. That always comes through on all the YouTube clips i've seen of her.

I so agree.

Kaiev, thanks for the feedback on the book.

I have not
received my DVD yet. I let Mary at totalfitnessdvds know she can ship a bunch of stuff I ordered together, including ilaria's stuff that has not been released.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.