Susan Boyle (Britains Got Talent)

It was horrible of the audience's first reaction to her but things changed as soon as she started singing.

thanks for the link---appalled at audience reaction initially... she certainly showed them!

Last edited:
She's got talent that's for sure.

Simon's face was priceless. It's the first time I've seen him looked stunned.

Love her voice. Love that Simon was shocked. It reinforces the fact that we should not judge a book by its cover; something I occasionally am guilty of.

I've seen it, and had to show it to my Hubby. He was teary eyed as I was.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

This made me cry.

It is so clear that all of us are so ready, willing and able to make fun of people that are not considered to be beautiful. People that are not as expected visually have to work so much harder to achieve approval and accolades. When I weighed 100lbs more than I do now, I was always being called names and made fun of. I was afraid to stand up for myself, because I knew that people could and would call me fat to negate my opinion, talent and skill, embarassing and hurting me while simultaneously removing the value from whatever it was I said. My weight could always be used against me. I had to develop a very thick skin to go along with my thick body and I had to be so much better at my job than anyone else would be required to be. That is the best part of losing weight - that it removes some of people's ability to judge and hurt me so easily, that it is no longer so easy to make me a target. And that sucks- it shouldn't be the best part.

Last edited:
A truly heart warming story that had brought a smile to many a face. She is from a village west of Edinburgh which is tough area. Very modest means. Truly delightful. Paul potts was Welsh. This lady is Scottish.

The CBS Early Show interviewed Susan Boyle from Scotland this morning. She sang the song again for them a cappella. This woman has some serious vocal skills!!! AMAZING!

I'm the biggest cynic on the planet, but I get choked up every time I see that video.

{{{{{Morningstar}}}}} I'm sorry for the crap you went through...it really does suck.

I hope she wins too, but she's going to have a record contract either way. It's just so touching to me that she is able to blow off the rude audience and judges and perform so beautifully. She's a role model for all of us!

Amy

Big hug to you!

It is so clear that all of us are so ready, willing and able to make fun of people that are not considered to be beautiful. People that are not as expected visually have to work so much harder to achieve approval and accolades. When I weighed 100lbs more than I do now, I was always being called names and made fun of. I was afraid to stand up for myself, because I knew that people could and would call me fat to negate my opinion, talent and skill, embarassing and hurting me while simultaneously removing the value from whatever it was I said. My weight could always be used against me. I had to develop a very thick skin to go along with my thick body and I had to be so much better at my job than anyone else would be required to be. That is the best part of losing weight - that it removes some of people's ability to judge and hurt me so easily, that it is no longer so easy to make me a target. And that sucks- it shouldn't be the best part.

This just made me cry. It just took so much courage for her to go out there and the fact that she was judged before she even sang. Pissed me off something fierce! I thought the song she sang was so perfectly picked too. I wish I was as strong as she is. She is so amazing!!!

<It just took so much courage for her to go out there and the fact that she was judged before she even sang. Pissed me off something fierce! >

I so agree! Simon and the folks in the audience rolling their eyes at her before she even had a chance made me so mad! She was awesome.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.