Supersets

Francine

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I did Supersets this morning! Another goody that adds a lot of variety and uumph to our weight workouts ;-0!

I didn't plan on doing supersets this morning, I put it in by accident( it was suppose to be step blast) Oh well, didn't have the heart to take it out ;-) so I left it in ,grabbed my worksheet to keep it handy ,previewed the list, got my equipment ready BUT went lighter on my weights (since I did push pull yesterday) Oh and I added the BOSU and bodybar for some exercises to make up for the slacking in weights ;-) !

I had a fun, thorough workout, the time just flew by!

Here's alink to Jodi's worksheets
http://www.fitnessvideofanatics.com/catheites/catheworksheets.fit

Supersets (here's what I did w/ bosu and barbell)

Round One, Group A: (Date):
Legs...........barbell squats (5lbs dumbells at side on BOSU)
Legs/Back...barbell deadlifts (bodybar 18lbs on BOSU)
Chest..........barbell bench press (on BOSU)
Shoulders....dumbbell front/side raise on stability ball(knees on BOSU)
Core............wood chops on the stability ball (on BOSU w/med ball)

Round One, Group B, repeats the body parts but uses different exercises:
Legs...........barbell plie' squats(straddled BOSU w. Bodybar)
Back...........dumbbell pullovers on the stability ball (BOSU)
Chest..........dumbbell incline fly on stability ball (BOSU)
Shoulders....dumbbell rotator cuff side raises on stability ball(BOSU)
Core...........roll outs on the stability ball (no weight)(BALL)

Round Two, Group A:
Legs..........dumbell one leg squat(Bosu)
Shoulders...dumbbell seated overhead press((kneeling on Bosu)
Biceps........barbell preacher curls on the stability ball(Bosu On step for preachers with bodybar)
Triceps.......dumbbell extensions on the stability ball(BOSU)
Core...........bike maneuver(BOSU)

Round Two, Group B, repeats the body parts but uses different exercises:
Legs..........explosive lunges (no equipment)
Shoulders...dumbbell rear and front delt raises prone on stability ball(BOSU)
Biceps........dumbbell concentration curls on the stability ballBOSU)
Triceps.......seesaw tricep push ups (no weights)(bosu-smaller movement)
Core...........side oblique crunches on the stability ball(BOSU)

Next time I do this, I'm gonna do as is! I improvised bigtime here! Plus , I'll be sure to not do weights the day before(and put the right video in ;-) I need my fix and I have to get the WHOLE CATHE EFFECT ;-)

PS I still have 2 to go and the BB fever runs rapid }(
PSS I'm now getting the knack of the creation of this BB series ;-)These programs are wonderful "additions" to our already existing programs!Love the variety!!!!

Francine thanks for the input and the link. Now I just have to sit back and wait for the dvd's to get to me:)

RE: Supersets - Francine!

Francine! Great idea using the BOSU. I haven't used mine lately and I'm going to start incorporating it in my workouts. Silly question...when you use the BOSU for bench press, etc. are you lying on the floor with your upper body resting on the BOSU? I am looking forward to these DVDs!

Take care

Francine,
Funny you should post this. I have lately gotten creative with my BOSU and have tried incorporating it into some other workouts. After previewing Supersets the other night (I just received mine on Wednesday) I was thinking about how I might use my BOSU. YOU just solved my problem and now I don't have to figure it out myself!

Many thanks!!!!

:7 :7 :7

Bosu positioning

Both ways dome up or down will work ,you can be on an incline, rest on bosu with upperbody or go into a bridge ! You want to make sure you set yourself up first and get your head,neck and shoulders in alignment, Lock on that core and feel all you muscles activating when you are doing your exercises!

My personal favorite position on the Bosu is doing a bridge with the dome side down!This works all the stabilizing muscles and makes the exercises more intense!
HTH;-)

I can't wait either! You know how much we like to customize our workouts and bring on our own pain}(

The dvds are gonna take this BB series to a new level with the endless programming! I'm soo happy I get to use my equipment more!
Soo much variety in this series , I just LOVE IT!!!!!

RE: Bosu positioning

Thanks Francine! I am going to start using my BOSU a lot more! Keep all the great ideas coming. You are a great help!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.