Superbowel is cool, but our babies are cooler Check-in

My hormones must be all over the place, or the fatigue is catching up with me. A 70 something year old woman walked up to me in fron tof starubucks, while I fed bottle to john while sitting in the son. She said "I do not mean to intrude, but you are burning your baby letting him get sun like that." I replied that he was just fine. She repeated herself. So I then said, "Bite me, you intrusive woman. Now leave me alone" After that, while I could do nothing about it because I had a bottle in john's mouth and a coffee in the other hand, Jimmy dropped his pants and peed in teh grass in fron tof Starbucks. I was mortified. The worst part was not the pee, but that he could not get his pants up and his stuff was just hanging out while he tried to walk over to me. He dresses himself, and as many of you who already have kids know, wears hilarious outfits. He was wearing two pairs of shorts and underpants under his pants. Geez.
John has been an angel today, despite me burnign him in the 50 degree sunshine. I got in a long 8 mile run, did insanity and a chalean extreme video.
Oh, and I am doing a colon cleanse and a toxin out cleanse. It is working jsut fine. At mile 4 of my run, I had to poop in someone's yard. I was desparate. I figured that since I was wearign capris while I ran, that even if I pooped in my underpants and got home, that it would be quite a mess for the 4 miles home. I contemplated the diaper, but my maxi pads are bigger than those things.
So, ladies, sorry for all the potty talk, that seems to be the gist of my life these days.
How are you all doing today?

Christine~ What's a 70ish lady doing in Starbucks? That caffeine can't be good for her heart. lol That's too funny about Jimmy relieving himself. I can totally relate to that story! lol ......and the pooping in the middle of your run? HILARIOUS!! I had to think of you while I hopped off my elliptical machine at the top of a "hill" on mile 3......to push out a little diarrhea whilst baby Myranda lay contently in my Baby Bjorn....then I had to figure out how in the world I was going to wipe my butt? ......how did YOU do it? How did you wipe? lol

Madalynn laughed today. We're 12 weeks old today. Where did the time go? My preemie's are going to be about a month behind developmentally......so the girls & John should be around the same schedule.....John & Myranda should be laughing soon too!

Susan, how long is your mom going to be there? I don't want to sound greedy...but I miss you!

Jen, still doing okay?

Today's Menu:

2/B: steel oats, walnuts, banana
2/S: nuts, choc milk
3/L: salad, cheese, spinich, chicken breast, salsa, ww low carb tortilla, diet pop
5/S: diet pop, smoothie (milk, oj, berries, pp, yogurt, spinich)
1/D: mushroom/swiss hamburger on a bed of romaine lettuce
2/S: vitamuffin, choc milk

PF: 15
Workouts: 30 minute tempo, 4 mile walk

I'm going to try to go to bed @ 1030 tonight. I've only been getting 6hrs sleep/night & I"m getting a little worn down (ie crabby)

Tomorrow i get my hair done! Long story short....it is seaweed green on the ends. *YIKES*

Morning!
I hear K waking up so this will be quick
Mel--awwww youre so sweet! I miss you too! Mom will leave Friday morning....dh comes home Friday night! Green hair is "in" didnt your know that???? Did you make it to bed early???
Christine-omw..what a day you had! You don't take one bit of crap from anyone do ya!!Too funny about Jimmy...and I have pictured a woman in running clothes squatting in someones yard........cant get that out of my mind LOL.
Jen- how was your night??
Allison-how was your night?? I got Ellies new cookbook..I like it!
Hi Pricilla!

Last nigth we all started out in my bed..then after Haley kicked a few times and K would stir I moved Kara back to her room.....I nurused her, fell asleep, then went back to bed with Haley at 4. Im thinking In getting Haley's cold too....lots of drainage.

bbs

Susan, did your mom come to help out/keep you company when DH was gone? It sounds like you are having fun, despite the colds. I'm praying right now that little Kara does not catch the bug! That's the worst!

I cannot believe it, but I lost another pound! I am so pleased. My body must have needed a dietary change AND I am eating more....thanks to my buddies on here that told me I wasn't eating enough. :D I have seven lbs left to reach my goal.

I am really enjoying the GFW! I'm learning so much about my body & how I process things. It looks like I burn about 3000calories/day & have been averaging about 6 hours sleep/night. I've been trying to consume about 2000 calories, but normally end up eating closer to 1800 calories.

Last night before bed (after my walk) I had the most amazing omelet (recipe from Abs Diet book):

2 eggs
2 tsp Mexican Cheese
1/4 cup black beans
1 tsp fresh cilantro

Of course I had it with about 8 oz of chocolate milk.

I REALLY like cilantro! I wonder how difficult it would be to grow on my window sill in a pot? It's difficult to find in the grocery store.

Today I have 3 mile run + strength.......I may do kickbox surge....that DVD has been calling me for a while & it's still in shrink wrap!!! :D :D

Oh Christine! I love that you told that busy body woman off! Why do people think they have the right to walk up to people with children and put their two cents in??? Poor Jimmy with his junk hanging out.... Give him a big hug for me! So scratch my FB post, I guess he learned it from you. ;) Were the people home??? How DID you wipe your butt?

Susan- I hope you aren't getting sick and Kara doesn't get it either. How are the workouts going?

Melanie- I had to poop one time w James in my arms and you wipe very very carefully. :) Wow! 12 weeks??? Isn't the laugh the best sound??? J hasn't done it again. We can't figure out what is so funny. But he still smiles ALL THE TIME!

He went down last night around 930 and didn't get up until 430 but sweet DH was up with him so I could sleep til 6a. He is home with Daddy today and might come by to visit me at work. I really missed waking J up this morning to get him ready to go to the sitter. I'm starting to see that every moment with him counts and I miss him terribly!

Still no workout. I might try and run tonight and then get some workouts in this weekend. I really would like my pants to fit better and to get rid of this jiggle belly! I know I am not overweight but this belly really bring down my self esteem!

The stroller is like a rolling home, it has formula, water, snacks, extra clothes, diapers, wipes, you name it. So I just whipped out a wipe and left it as a treat for the owners of the home.
The colon and toxin cleanse has made me feel so much better. Ahhhh.
Have to go, got to dress the kids and get Jimmy to swimming. MIL coming today so that hubby can go to the superbowl. got to make the place look like i am a domestic goddess.
waves to all the ladies!
I will try to have a pee and poop free day!
I am thinking that I will do either the Viper or Gauntlet from Terminator series today. Anyone in?

Hi Ladies!
Melanie-I forgot to thank you for posting the link to your pp! Thanks so much for thinking of me. How is the hair???
Jen-James is doing great with the sleep..K has been doing great too! Workouts have been non-existant this week with mom here....I am feeling it too. I love my mom dearly...but its getting about time to be alone again. I won't ever get on Haley's/Kara's nerves LOL! James will laugh soon. K keeps us laughing she is so funny. Yesterday while nursing she would cut her eyes up to me...unlatch..laugh and then nurse again. She did that about 20 times.. Mom and I about peed our my pants from laughing.
Christine..what workout did you decide on??

Since I will be going to school in Ms next Fall we plan to sell our house. Well, the family across the street has friends that want to come see the house TOMORROW! Paul is gone..Mom is here..the house is a freaking wreck!..so today I am cleaning and organizing. After passing on the last buyer we would be crazy to turn down another!!!..and it will be nice to sell it ourselves too! Have no clue where we would live..but that can be figured out. Send us some sell house vibes!
going to eat pea soup!

Christine~ Which workout did you decide on? I LOVE TERMINATOR!!! You'll have to put a baggie in your stroller (for your wipes). lol Poor homeowners. LOL Maybe someone saw you? Maybe someone got a video of it on their cell phone? You never know....you might find yourself on youtube some day. lol

Jen~ I'm so glad your buddy is home with Daddy today. I totally agree...about EVERY moment being a blessing! I feel that way with my kids, and when I work the feelings are 10X stronger. Don't you just LOVE being a mommy? IMO there is no better joy in life.

Susan~ Did you ever find a pp? The prices of the stuff have gone up...I think the cheapest I could find is $40/5lbs. Five lbs is alot though. I bought a 2pounder of vanilla & strawberry this time. I have no idea if strawberry is good...the chocolate isn't as good as I thought it'd be. Funny, when I was reading your post I was thinking to myself you already sold your house? Then I remember you got a ridiculous fast offer last time & opted out, right? You have to jog my memory!! Have fun cleaning.

My hair looks good. I look like a working girl now. :( I don't look like a housemom anymore. :( ......well, at least I can still SMELL like a house Mom for a couple more days. Yup, we got pukers over here too. lol

Melanie-yes, in Sept we got a great offer on our house...but being pregnant and in school I just couldnt do it!! Now I am ready. I havent found pp without some sort of sugar substitute..so I'll keep looking. I smell like puke too!! K has taken a good nap-2 hours so far..so I have gotten a lot done. Mel-what time zone are you in? I am in Central...just wondering. You'll have to post your "do" for us!

I was reading a few threads in OD....geezzz..it gets viscious over there doesnt it.

Susan, do we have some hostility in OD? We better stay here where it's safe, eh? lol

I posted some pics. Jadon wanted to make sure I "smiled big" for the last one. ;)

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 17
He hee, I went over to OD to check it out. I saw some old pregnancy threads that got nasty before too. The girls were not supportive at all. I am always glad to have our happy group. I am tired today. YEsterday's workouts and drama wore me out. I am going to take today off, and rest. With MIL coming, she can watch the boys while I get some great workouts in over the next 5 days. I am hoping the boys will nap at the same time, so that I can lie down too. I am making red beans and rice for my hubby, in honor of new orleans. it is his favorite and mine too. it is super healhty, so i will eat a lot!
I am a grouch today, and will post later . I owe some personals in here! You ladies are all so busy.
Hugs and yawns.

Hello? Christine!! Your day yesterday was EXHAUSTING!!! And your workouts were incredible. I'm glad you are taking the day off....I know if I did all that in one day you'd be yelling at me. ;) Get some rest, and eat some happy food for some superbowels for the Superbowl......better yet, maybe we should smoke a super bowl in honor of the superbowl (or bowel). lol :eek:

mmmmm, just snoozed with the boys upstairs and listened to the rain. i love mommy moments like that. yes, mel you are right! Yesterday was exhausting. got to take advantage on the good days, right? after my poop incident, i laugh every time i open the thread to superbowels. off to do more cleaning, back later ladies!

Mel, you are a trip! What a great play on words! You always keep me cracking up! ;) I forgot to congratulate you on making it back into the 140's! You are working hard and it shows! And your hair looks great! Definitely a "working girl" hair do! ;)

It's funny because I have always been intimidated to post in OD because of some the responses I've seen to others. I will stay here where its safe and welcoming.

Christine- You deserve the rest and the workouts to clear your head after the last few days. Take it while you can.

James is sitting here "talking" to DH. Its the most awesome sound in the world! Its taken me twenty minutes to type you cause I just stop and watch James. Did I tell you he is the happiest coolest kid ever? He has found his hands and it is so interesting to watch him figure out what to do with them. And he is so social!

Susan- I know I should be thankful that James is sleeping straight through but I wish he would sleep til at least 5 or 530. I forgot that you guys were going to move. Hopefully these people give you a good offer.

No workout again. I hope to get in some this weekend. I'm sure once I get a routine down with the sitter and working, I will fit in some workout time. I'm trying not to sweat it but I get anxious when I don't workout. I'm pretty pathetic aren't I????

Evening ladies!
Kara is asleep..and Haley and I are on our way to bed.
Melanie-love your hair! You are the cutest thing! Im gonna miss you during the day.
Jen-James is doing great. He'll sleep longer as time goes by. don't you love it when he talks!
Christine-we LOVE red beans and rice!

Lookers are coming to see the house at 5:30

SEe you in the morning!

Well, my wish came true! We put James down about 1015-1030p and he slept thru til 6a! Now that kind of sleeping schedule I can handle! I miss him so much today! He went to the sitter's this AM but I get him all weekend while DH works! He stuck his tongue out this AM at the sitter and then smiled! Mommy taught him that.... ;)

Susan- Wishing you lots of luck with the lookers! Sending you BIG MONEY vibes!!! ;)

Melanie- I see you got your running shoes. I look forward to running when I have new shoes that feel great! When is your first day back to work?

Hi Christine! Hope you feel better and more relaxed!

Hey Priscila! Are you hanging in there?

I lost another two lbs!!! I"m really excited, I am now five lbs within my goal.

DH decided he needed to go out last night, so I wasn't able to walk on elliptical. I love doing it!...and was sad not to do it...but he didn't get home until after 10PM & I cannot sleep for at least 90 minutes after the walk. I'm trying to go to bed a little sooner for my work schedule. Remember, I'm the Ambien lady (who doesn't take it since gals have been born)....so for me to go to sleep naturally I have to literally collapse...which has been about midnight.

I felt like I was more hungry yesterday, so I ate more...so that suprised me about the weight loss. It just come off in chunks....I just don't get it....

Yesterday's Menu:

3/B: 2 egg omelet, cilantro, black beans, mexican cheese
S: MOUNTAIN DEW
4/L: chicken breast, salsa, black beans, cheese, romaine lettuce
5/S: smoothie (oj, milk, yogurt, spinich, mixed berries, benefiber, pp)
5/D: 2 egg omelet (see above, added turkey meat) +1 cup green beans+ chocolate milk
2/S: vitamuffin, nuts, 10 McD french fries

Powerfoods: 19 ---Wowzers, this is my highest number yet.
Workout: 3 mi interval run, some upper body weight work

--------
I haven't looked at my training schedule yet....but I really want to do Kickbox Surge. I've been saying this forever!! Tomorrow is a "rest" day. What in the world IS that? I hate rest days, I feel like such a bum!!!

Jen~ See, we ALL feel like you do when we don't get our workouts in. We are a special kind of crazy. Seriously, most of my friends just don't get it. It's an addiction....a good kind. :D

Susan~ Try not to stress about getting the house just so. You know what they say, if a buyer likes it they like it.

Christine~ How was your rest day? I'd love to hear about it. R U going to do Terminator today?

Allison & Precilla~ haven't heard from ya'll......hanging in there? Sending you good vibes!

Waves to everyone else!!!

Way to go on being within your goal weight Mel! However, now I REALLY feel like a slacker because I am STILL 5lbs away from my goal weight! I used to blame nursing but if you reach your goal weight than that blows that idea right out the window cause you are nursing two! :) You have such control over your eating wheras I haven't been as strict but still sticking with healthy choices. Maybe I will at least start logging my food to see if I am not eating enough or too much. ???

Morning ladies!!

I have been doing fine. I just did not have the energy to type...
My parents left last friday, so I was miserable for few days but I'm back to normal!
Daniel is sleeping better lately and he allows me to work out after work. I normally get home, nurse him and put him in his bouncy chair. I have to move fast thou, because his tolerance is ln that chair is less than an hour usually. I am 10 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight, I can squeeze in some of my pants but I look too booty LOL and of course the muffin top is more visible. I feel great and I guess it helps that everybody compliments me at my job ( i guess they got used to see me pregnant for so long)

BTW, has any one tried cardio barre/fluidity type of workouts before??

Melanie, You'll love Kickbox Surge. I like Amy's kickbox workouts more than her HI Lows. Congrats on the weight loss, it's amazing how fast you are losing weight since you changed your diet. I may have to read that book ;)

Jen, I feel the same way, I know my body is keeping few pounds due to the whole nursing thing. I am losing weight but so slow. I managed to lose 6 pounds in January and 1 more so far but it's hard.

Christine, your are hilarious. I think you could write a book

Susan, good luck tonight!

Hi Allison!!!

Waves to everyone

Ladies, our bodies are so different......but I have never "retained" weight when nursing. As a matter of fact, I've always dropped BELOW my pregnancy weight once I reached my goal.

Jen, my goal is 140lbs......so I'm 5lbs from my goal.....but another 5lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I figured I'd work my tush off to 140, then let the last 5lbs naturally come off.

Precilla, I did like Kickbox Surge. Her cueing isn't as good as Cathe's...so I cannot do the entire thing the first time around. Today I did sections 1-3 (about 40 minutes), then upper body work (back & chest from CTX). Does anyone else have that series? CrossTrain Xpress? It's a great series, I don't know why I haven't done it?

Chrisine, haven't heard from you today......u okay?

Susan, how did showing go?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.