Superbowel is cool, but our babies are cooler Check-in

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hey ladies! I am down one pound today. :D :D So that puts me in the 140s.. this makes me feel like I have accomplished a milestone. lol

Today's workout is 5 mile run. I will do it with Coach Sean today, I"m thinking CC6...it's my favorite one.

Nothing planned for superbowel. A grocery store that's an hour away has some really good deals. I might go there? lol I'm so disappointed with the grocery store in town. :( Last time I couldn't even get any produce b/c everything was over ripe or they didn't carry the items. I ordered two huge containers of steel oats from internet.

Attachments

• How much do I love you.jpg
    How much do I love you.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 26
LOL ROTFL I AM A REALLY BIG DORK!!!!! Speaking of which, my bowels are awesome, especially on this great diet. I have 2-3 really nice logs almost everyday. :)

:eek: Is there any way I can just start over? I mean, this is embarrasing!!!

HI ladies!
Melanie you have me lol!! We love you just the way you are..no need to be embarrassed! Very cute pics of the girls! Do you have one wear a bracelet to tell them apart? Just wondering.
Today is Haley's b-day. We went to LR and ate at Macorni Grill..so needless to say I am BLOATED! Cake followed!
Mom is here..about to play Scene It..bbl

Ha Ha. Then I go and spell embarassing wrong too? I'm not as bad as Christine though, am I? ;)

Oh man, that's what happens when someone goes and gets their doctorate degree.....their spelling goes right down the drain.

Well at least I know ya'll love me, and not my smarts. LOL :p

***Happy birthday, Haley!!!

Melanie-Who would we count on for comic relief??? :)

Happy birthday Haley!!!

I did MM today. I have not done that w/o in such a looong time! I loved the UB portion of it. The LB seemed easy but that must be cause I've been doing B&G. I will try to do that one later this week.

James is starting at the sitter's tmrow. I'm sure I will be on here needing support. :) I think DH is going to be more sad than I will since I've already been back to work.

In laws are here....gotta go visit.

We're such brats, aren't we Christine? lol

Where is everyone?

1/B: Co Co Wheats + coffee
1/S: cashews
3/L: chicken breast, salsa, spinich ww low carb tortilla + diet pop
1/S: veggie pizza + 8 oz milk
5/D: turkey, cheese, mustard, spinich on ww bread, broc/calif, apple
2/S: not sure? vitamuffin + milk

13 Powerfoods

Tomorrow is "stretch & strength". I"m thinking about doing Cathe's new circuit + Stretch Max

Morning!
Ok..Kara is on a roll. 3 nights in a row sleep!!! Hope I didnt jinx it! I could really get used to this!
Jen-hope your in-law visit went well!! Im sure James will do great today!!! Is he going to bed any earlier???
Melanie-bowels still in check??

Mom is here so will be find something to do today. Haley woke up with a runny nose and she is trying to milk it for all that it is worth!! No fever etc.....cold med and school!

Weights today..but it will have to be this afternoon. We have a teachers meeting this morning at 10..my workout time!
I feel FAT today..I know I am up a few pounds.

Off to have coffee.

Good AM!

Susan, you back on the wagon? lol Sounds like Haley had a good bday. Good job, Kara!! I don't expect my girls to sleep thru the night until they are closer to a year old....just how their genes are wired. lol

Jen, thinking of you today (and James). New childcare takes adjustment. We're here for you!

Christine, sun shining there again? I think the GFW is very interesting. Did you use the internet manager thing? I slept 6 hrs (which is what I figured I did), and burn a about 3200 calories/day. Do you remember how many calories you used? I"m just wondering if it's able to calculate the amount of energy (calories) my body uses nursing? If it uses body temps, moisture, and all the rest of that it should be able to? 3200 calories seems high to me?

Precilla & Allison, you still with us?

Waves to everyone!!!

Daddy and I dropped James off this AM and he was smiling and watching TV. I was teary eyed before I woke him up this AM but DH and I both did good. Now I hope I remember to pick him up tonight..... DH starts work at 6pm so its on me to get him. :)

What would I do without you guys!??? Your comments were great and just what I needed to read! :)

In law visit was good. MIL was really subdued and not as annoying as usual. Maybe she senses that I pull away from her loud obnoxious behavior. Plus she does love my little guy to pieces and brings him clothes everytime she visits. Just less cute outfits that I have to buy and more workout DVDs for me! Hee hee.... ;)

Melanie- 3200 calories??!! Wow! I wonder how accurate that is....

Susan- That is great on three nights in a row! James goes down around 1130p or 12a and gets up between 4-6a to eat and then will sleep again for another 3 or 4 hours. I am hoping being with the sitter during the day will tire him out so I can get him down around 8 or 9p. On the nights that DH works, I will have to try and get to bed early in case he decides to party all night. At least I will get a break every two nights when DH is off.

Christine- Everything is always better with beer and wine right? Too bad I was on call yesterday so I had half a beer. :) Will be busting open my bottle of wine this week. My pants feel a little looser again so I will splurge.

Hi Priscilla, Allison!

Hi ladies
Oh, how I want to workout! Might not get one in..mom is here and wants to shop some..we'll see.
Jen-Glad drop off went well for you and dh. James is a late nighter uh?? I couldnt handle that...whew! So far Kara has been going down around 7:45 sleeping til 5 then back down til 630...this perfect for me. She usually takes a power nap around 5 for 30 min..but still can't stay awake past 8. Haley NEVER did that! I am hoping it lasts..I am enjoying my evenings so much now.

Melanie-Im trying my best to stay on this wagon....but the cake is whispering to me!!! Its my homemade choc cake and its devine! I want to throw it out!

Be strong, Susan! Give the cake to your mom. LOL Cut out gigantic pieces for everyone and get it out of the house!!! LOL

I"m off to try circuit & stretch. Urgh. Two of my most unfavorite things to do. *sigh*

I just made a super yummy protein smoothie:

3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 heaping scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup frozen blue berries
1/2 cup frozen oj concentrate
2 tablespoonfuls Benefiber
8 ice cubes

This is the best one I've made in a while. I coulda put a couple of spinich leaves in there too, but forgot!

Just 4 powerfoods...

Hey, all!!

Dang, you ladies were chatty last week. The thread was cracking me up! I didn't take notes, so I know I will forget things I wanted to say. But I'll say this -- thanks for the laughs :)

On the rice cereal topic (sorry, can't remember who asked), we started putting it in Drew's bottles at 2 months. He was always hungry, but his stomach couldn't hold the amount he wanted to eat -- he'd end up puking it up. The pediatrician said to add 1 TBSP to his formula, and it worked. I just started giving him cereal from a spoon last week, which my ped was also okay with.

Susan, did you try the car seat for Kara? Chocolate chip cake sounds dang good to me! I've been trying reeeeaaaalllly hard not to bake, because I just can't stay out of the cookie jar / cake keeper!

Christine, I'll send you a PM. Sorry! As for John's size, I hear you, sister. Drew's 4 month appt is this Friday (though he'll be 5 months on 2/17). He's already in 9 month clothes!! How were the chicken cakes? They sound wonderful.

Jen, do your ILs live near you? I hope it was just a visit lasting a few hours, not a power visit lasting days! Hope you're feeling better; sorry you're sick. And congrats on the new running shoes (on sale to boot!). I love new workout attire :)

Melanie, you look amazing in the pics you posted last week! You are too hard on yourself! The double Bjorn is amazing -- couldn't imagine carrying them BOTH until 6 months in that!!

Priscilla, how long is your mom with you guys? Dinner at your house sounds awesome! And I hear you on the weight loss pattern -- it's frustrating.

Last week flew by, but I have no idea where it went LOL

I have Abs Diet for Women (had to chuckle when I saw all the Abs Diet talk! Am loving all the meal ideas :) ) and Tom Venuto's Body Fat Solution on tap for my next reads. I've been trying to read You: On a Diet, but I just feel tortured by it LOL

I tried Drill Max (finally) -- what a fun workout. Thanks to whoever mentioned it recently. Today was PS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps plus the abs workout from PS Legs. We have a wedding on 3/6, and I want to feel good that night!

Last edited:
Also wanted to ask, does anyone have the Core Fusion DVDs? If so, how do you incorporate them into your workout plans? I have them, and love them. Since they use very light weights and your own body weight, is it okay to use them the day after a regular weights workout?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.