Superbowel is cool, but our babies are cooler Check-in

Hi Ladies!
Melanie-showing is in an hour! House is clean and smelling good...watch Kara poop 5 min before they get here..ha.Who cares, right! Im so proud of you for you pounds lost! You inspire me girl! I was below my goal weight and have put 5 back on! I have got to get my head right! I dont know what is wrong with me..I have never been like this before.
Jen-that is great about James sleeping for you! Kara got up once last night..but I can handle that...just so she doesnt get used to it!
Pricilla- I just ordered Cardio Barr...and Barefoot Cardio for something different. Ihope I like them. Im sorry your mom had to leave. Will you get to see them again soon??
Dh is due back in a couple hours...mom left this morning.
Ok, I'll bb to let you know how the showing went.

I am here! MIL in town. Whew. Helpful but no time to get online! I will post later if the kids go down...

Susan~ nothing is wrong with you! You are doing great! Can't wait to hear about the showing!

Christine~ have fun with MIL---she must be more friendly than Jen's MIL. lol

I've been in denial about a headache all day. :( Urgh. Headaches suck!

Hey! My MIL is friendly! She is just also loud, annoying, controlling, manipulative..... ;)

I am hoping that once I get into a routine with w/o's that I can get these last five pounds off.

Hi Priscila! I know EXACTLY what you mean about the muffin top. My pants fit at my hips while my belly hangs over. (Sigh)

I hope the showing went well, Susan. What is Barefoot Cardio?

I had a crazy afternoon at work and it is so nice to be home. Except I want to go to bed and its only 715p. I got plenty of sleep but I haven't stopped all day until now.

Well I would have to say that our first week with the sitter went well. He is happy when I drop him off and pick him off so I guess that says something.

Breaktime! My girls have screamed non-stop for the past hour. I just changed their diapers, swaddled them up, and put them to bed. Mommy needs a couple quiet moments. The high pitched cry (screech) hurts my aching head. I hope DH makes it home soon, so I can have help! :eek::eek:

Jen, I had a muffintop before I got pg with the twins!! Actually, I think I was born with a muffintop. lol Five pounds is NOTHING; you'll lose it with just a little bit of clean eating or exercise....

I gotta go, my BOYS are now being needy.... So much for quiet moments for moma

Big HUGS Mel! I cannot take it (my heart or my head) when J screams like that! I hope DH got home so you got a break!

James was only up once last night to eat and go back to sleep so mommy got 7 1/2 hrs of sleep. I've been up, pumped, eaten breakfast and played on the computer and he's still sleeping although he is stirring so he'll be up soon.

I hope to get a nice long workout in if J goes down for his long morning nap. I invited mom over tonight for dinner and a movie and company. DH works this weekend so it's just James and I in the evenings.

What's everyone else doing today? I'll BBL!

Thanks Jen. I never allow myself to get too worked up with fussy babies. I know it won't last forever, and eventually they fall asleep. LOL I ended up taking about 10-15 minutes away from them,...hid in my bathroom (pretended I had a superbowel worked up)....then I was ready to pick up my precious girls (who had cried the entire time). Bless their hearts, they were so happy to see me. Cuddled up & fell asleep on my lap. :D Life is good again.

My scale went up a pound this morning, no worries. I'm always suspecious when I lose more than a lb in a day (yeseterday I lost two). I'm supposed to take a "rest" day today. We'll see. Maybe travel fit? ..or maybe I'll just play with my kids! I'll see how I feel, tonight I will surely go for my walk.

We have basketball practice this AM....then I promised the boys we'd bake a super cupcake cake. I am so glad I have no desire to eat that stuff anymore.

Yesterday's Menu

2/B: Steel Cut Oats w/ half banana + walnuts
S: coffee
6/L: 2-wraps (chicken breast, avacado, cheese, black beans, romaine l6ttuce, ww low carb tortillas) + diet pop
1/S: nuts
3/D: soup (4 different kinds of beans, chicken, cilantro, tomatoes, corn)+ milk
5/S1: smoothie (ricotta cheese, pp, yogurt, berries, choc milk, banana, ice cubes)
3/S2: swiss cheese, wasa crackers, walnuts

Total PF:20
Workout: 40 min cardio, 20 min strength, 4mile walk

I need more veggies. I'll make sure I fit in a big bowl somewhere today. :)

Mornign ladies!
House showing went great. They loved the house..so we'll see. The wife wants a pool and the dh doesnt.
I have Haley's cold..not bad just stuffy/runny nose. I took benedryl last night and Kara was up A LOT. 11-1-3-6-...wonder if the benedryl had something to do with that?? She was very restless too. Sometimes when I take benedryl I get taht way.
How long does it take meds/foods to reach breastmilk????
I am down a pound this morning..whew!!
Jen-Barefoot cardio is by Ellen Barrett...I have read a few things about it and thought I would try it. I don't have any of her other workouts.
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/ellen-barretts-barefoot-cardio-5747

Melanie-your food and workouts are great! Have fun at b-ball practice.

I am feeling good today despite the lack of sleep and cold. Wanting to eat clean!
bbs
waves to everyone!

Susan, I"m glad showing went well. Do you have a pool? Every med is different as far as how long it takes to get to bm & how long it hangs on. It has to do mostly with it's affinity to bind to protein & it's molecular weight....and other things like half life of chemical. Bendryl can cause hyperactivity in some people (mostly kiddos)...so it is possible that's what happened...but not very likely. I'll look up the chemical part when I get back from basketball. It'll be good practice for me. :p

Susan- glad that the showing went well, and look at the upside of all that cleaning, the house is in great shape so you can relax or work out this weekend!!! I feel like I should know the answer to this, but what are you studying? Is it a graduate or undergraduate degree? I love Ellen Barret. I have two of her DVDs, they were my firt workout ones, and I still turn to them. She is very fresh and real. Not like that psychotic anorexic hyper tan Jari Love.
Jen- Glad you get so much alone time with James, but glad that yourmom is coming as well. It is nice to have someone to talk to. You and James have been so adaptable, he must be a great baby.
Mel- Have I told you lately how inspiring you are? Your weight loss and fitness is incredible. And your hair looks great. I am like you with screaming babies. Sometimes you just need to make yourself scarce for a bit. I shower or fold laundry when John is nuts.
Priscilla- So happy to hear from you. I have always had a muffin top! You sounds like you are doing so well. Happy to have you back!
MIL is here. She is doign well. Jen- she was a terror with my first. I blew up at her one day and told her to get on a plane and get out of my house. That started a bit of a war for a year or two. But we are great now. We had to punch it out a bit. Now we are okay, I just was tired of all the passive aggressive comments and stuff that parents and in laws have about parenting. So she keeps her mouth shut now!
I got in a long 8 mile run yesterdat, then did Cathe Hiit 40/20 and Chalean Extreme Push. I like that series.
Crap, John is waking up in his chair and I also need to poop. Awesome.

Hi
Hope everyone is having a good day.
The couple that looked at our house is coming again tomorow at 1...so at least they are interested.
Mel-yes, we have a pool. I have enjoyed it..but don't plan on having one again!!! Thanks for the drug info!!
Christine-Hi..I am going to dental hygeine school the fall. You had a major workout yesterday girl! Im ready to start hitting it hard again! Hope John is being good for you today!
Hi Jen-did you get your workout in??

DH forgot that I was going to take a "Rest" day.....so I hopped on elliptical for a quick 3 mile run.....oops, my girls are freaking out!....bbl....

Did Imax Extreme today. Whew. I was sore from yesterday. too much rain to run this morning. MIL has been good. I got to take a 2 hour nap today with Jimmy while she handled John. About to make sausage pasta, got to get going. and open the wine. i love not being pregnant.
Cannot wait to hear how you are all doing and what you are up to today.

Where has this day gone? Huh?

Christine~ I"m with you on being happy I"m no longer pg. I LOVE my kiddos, and I love feeling them babies bouncing around within. But other than that....I am sooooo uncomfortable when I'm pg!! Your workouts are amazing! I forgot about Imax Xtreme! Is that on Terminator DVD?

Christine, have you ever done a marathon or 1/2 marathon?

Susan, those buyers are super interested if they are coming back already. Yeah!!!

Melanie- Yes, the Terminator DVD. IT is a combo of Imax2 and Cardio and weights. I think it is the hardest DVD I own. I burned 751 calories doing it! And, yes, have doen a 1/2 marathon and a full one. But, it has been years. It was before I was working. I am doing another this summer and will get back in the circuit. I was going to do the LA marathon, but got preggo last year. How is your training? How do you like the Shape Ups? I got the Avia version and love the difference in my butt and thighs...
Susan- Ahhh, yes, I remember that you were in dentistry now. I get fogetful. Need to get my teeth cleaned.
Jen- how was mom?
off to bathe the kids. Tomorrow jimmy is going to church with grandma and wants to wear his suit, so have to iron it. I do not like ironing.
then we are headed to Color Me Mine to make some pottery, and then the SUperbowl. Geaux Saints!
:eek:

Christine~ next interval workout will be that one. I really like C&W and Imax 2...haven't done it in a long time. Speaking of Shape Ups...I used them for the first time on my elliptcal tonight (with Myranda and my vest)...and I think it's the perfect combo!! It was so much fun!!!:cool: ...I was also training for a long race when I got knocked up with the girls! I was just a week away from my 1st 1/2 marathon. I'm so excited to do it this time around. I have a question for you: I'm doing Hal Higdon's training schedule & he has "pace" written for some days. Is that at goal "race pace"? I'm going for 10 minute miles...being my first long race....

I *might* go to church tomorrow. DH doesn't go to church & the thought of taking five kids is daunting. I thought about bringing just one baby...but I"m sure everyone wants to see BOTH of them.....so MAYBE I'll just bring the girls and leave the boys at home? *sigh* we'll see how much sleep I get tonight...

Super dooper head cold here..yuck!!!! I kept thinking it ws getting better, but its just the oppoosite! Oh well, its actually not too bad..no sore throat or anything.

Christine-Do you live in Orlando? I knew you moved but forgot where. Dh is torn..he is a Manning fan ..but loves the Saints too..so it will be a fun game to watch. You should post a pic of Jimmy in his suit..too cute!!

Melanie-hope you got some sleep! Maybe take just the girls this time to see how it goes. You're right that everyone will want to see them both Im sure!! I can't wait to get back to my church in Miss...we have just not found one here we like. Dh is Catholic, I am Methodist. We are members at my hometown Meth church and really miss going.
When you go back to will you do early morning workouts or evening??

coffee time..bb..crap I forgot to start new thread

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.