Suggestions? - Upper Body Split

It would be nice to see some sort of alternative to crunches. It's so hard not to strain your neck. Is there some more natural or comfortable way of exercising the abdominal muscles? Thanks Cathe.

Thank you Cathe for asking. I am looking forward to trying a pyramid system and would have to vote for the full pyramid at 60 minutes. A compromise of 51 or 52 minutes might not be a bad idea either.

I never thought PS was too fast but trying a little something in between PS and S/H sounds new and interesting. Non traditional core work with a stability ball or medicine ball appeals to me but those bicycles and various plank positions easily torture the abs too.

Although it doesn't take too much effort to figure out what kind of weight you are using, I like it when you give us a ball park figure to use as a guage.

Kim

Hi Cathe,

My choice would be to stick with 45 minutes. I like the idea of any type of pyramid approach. Pls. slower reps.

Thanks for askng.

Another vote for a 45-minute workout. Slower reps would be great, too. I don't have a preference for pyramiding up or down--I'd be happy with either one.

I want to chime in for slower reps: 2 up, 2 down. I don't see how we could get a decent upper body workout with slow reps and rests, and ab/core work, in 45 minutes so I urge you to go for the 60 minutes and give us a really thorough one!

Christine

I would much prefer a 45-50 minute workout with this one. I am finding that I am not getting many workouts in unless they are under an hour.

Can you leave out the crazy 8's for biceps? ;-) They are just too darn hard! Oh, and pushups are probably ranking right up there with crazy 8's too!

I know, I know those are probably the exercises I really need to do but yech! I don't like them!

Other than those, whatever you put together will be awesome I am sure! :)

I vote for a 60 minute workout for this and whatever pyramid style fits best to cover ALL the bases in 60 minutes. Longer rests would be great if there's time.
Thanks,
Dawn W

Hi-
My vote would be for:

1. slow- (faster than S and H but slower than PS)
2. at least 60 minutes.. would love to split this tape into two days.
3. Pyramids down.

Lynn

Hi! My vote:

1. Slow reps!! (Not as slow as S&H, but that is a different type of workout).

2. Enough rest in between so we can stay with as heavy a weight as possible. (Sometimes I feel like I either have to pause the VCR for a longer break or lower my weight to keep up in PS.)

3. Definitely 60 minutes (or even more), so that it will be feasible to fit in the above.

Thanks for listening, Cathe! :)

Oops! Forgot to add that I love when you tell us what weight you are/will be using, as it takes alot of guesswork out when trying to find the right weight.

Thanks again!

The workout sounds great as outlined. It really doesn't matter to me if it's full pyramid, reverse pyramid, whatever. I'm sure you'll make it fun and challenging.

I also like to vote for a 60 minute workout not less than that, I absolutely love planks, just give me plenty of those and hold the stationary moves a tad longer than your previous videos.

Love,love,love upper body work and do not leave out those crazy eights nor the push-ups please, though I know they're tough but yet are very effective.

I guess that is all for now, unless I remember something else and then I'm going to have post on the board again,lol!!

Thanks!
Laura

I agree with the majority. Rep speed between PS and S&H (2-2). As an indicator, my all-time favorite upper body tape is PS Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. I love the pace -- kinda relaxing and peaceful (as if a weight-training workout could be!). Endurance, and fast-paced weight tapes wipe me out like an old rag (I keep on having to push the Pause button so I can breathe again). I'm old - I need my rest.

Indicating what weight you'll be using is another plus.

For back, no T-bar lifts (PS Back, Biceps, Abs) please. It takes me forever to adjust the barbell which disrupts the rest of the routine!

Can't think of anything else at the moment. What the heck, anything you do will be just great!

And many thanks for asking our opinions!

Patricia

Cathe:

sounds exciting.

I vote for the pyramid up, probably 60 mins rather than 45 in order to accommodate the slower (than MIS or PH) reps people want, and definitely include some men in there as role models. I too am trying to persuade my husband to look after his health more and your videos are a challenge to men as well as women.

Please don't make this new 6-workout project of yours a DVD-only enterprise: not all of us can afford a DVD machine!

thanks

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.