Suggestions ?- Imax 2

Hi Cathe,

I like the idea of another IMAX. But while keeping this video advanced, pls. keep in mind not to make the anaerobic blasts too heart pounding so that one does not have to pluck up courage every time!

Thanks for making another round of exercise video's for us. I'm happy to buy your workouts.

Thanks for asking.

Sounds fantastic. I'm there. I'm not sure I could deal with a bar graph though. I'd rather NOT know how much longer I have if you know what I mean! HA!

Thanks
Kristie S

IMax 2 sounds great. I would like some kickboxing included on the step. I don't think we need a bar graph to count down.

I would also like to see some intervals involving kickboxing on the step, I love the idea of mixing up the moves in the intervals, and I hope there will be more intervals that use the step rather than the floor. My downstairs neighbours hate Imax! I also prefer moves that are difficult to "cheat", cause sometimes when I'm tired I cheat despite myself!

Christine

I don't have a preference as far as the bar graph count down. I just hope you make this video harder than we can even imagine.

emily

I like the idea of 2 to 4 combined heart pounding movements as opposed to one movement. One move tends to get boring and seems to last forever whereas a combination may ease repetitive impact and give one the perception (albeit false) of time moving faster.

Once again, thanks for asking Cathe.

Kim

I'm very excited for an IMAX 2. I would love if IMAX 2 was even MORE intesne than IMAX 1. It would be great if the recovery phase was not as long and a higher intensity. I wear a heartrate moniter during cardio, and I always have to modify the recovery phase of IMAX 1 so that my heartrate doesn't go out of my target zone. Maybe you could offer two recovery options (a higher intensity and a lower intensity). Also, it would be great if the intensity of the aerobic section was even higher. I'm not real interested in "choreography", just getting a kick-ass workout. Since your videos are always so well cued and logical, I can always tell when I'm close to the end of an interval. The bargraph is not really necessary to me.

I have always had a high level of fitness. Since discovering your videos, I've developed even more. There are only a couple of instructors that challenge me. I'm ready to "take it up a notch". Since you are calling it "intense", please make it SUPER intense.

Hi Cathe,
Keeping the intensity high! I always can count on your workouts to work me hard and to be very challenging. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Joanne

Imax 2 - now you've got me salivating!!!!

Imax is one of my favorite tapes, and now we get part 2!!! I am soooo looking forward to getting this one. I fantasize about the day I will be able to complete all of Interval 8 (power lunges) without bailing out halfway through and switching to scissors. That's okay. I have Hope doing them right along with me.

I like the idea of the bar count down. I think Karen Voight has this in her Energy Sprint.

Lisa

Imax 2 - now you've got me salivating!!!!

Imax is one of my favorite tapes, and now we get part 2!!! I am soooo looking forward to getting this one. I fantasize about the day I will be able to complete all of Interval 8 (power lunges) without bailing out halfway through and switching to scissors. That's okay. I have Hope doing them right along with me.
I like the idea of the bar count down. I think Karen Voight has this in her Energy Sprint.

Lisa

RE: Imax 2 - now you've got me salivating!!!!

Having some of the background exercisers modify would be a great idea. On days when I want an interval workout but am not quite up to the highest intensity, it would be great to follow them when necessary. Also, for your fans who have sensitive knees or are working up to a higher fitness level, it would be ideal!

I am also a fan of the bar graph--it helps me to keep going when I see the time is dwindling and knowing that I will get a "breather" soon.

Thanks for all your hard work, Cathe! :)

>Sounds great to me. I
>want high impact with shown
>lower impact modification as in
>IMAX. That way,
>I always have room for
>improvement.
>
>Haslina

I agree completely. The workout in the lower-impact form would be accessible from the beginning and the higher impact moves would provide a challenge to strive for.

One thing I like about IMAX #1 was the fact that the intervals could be modified relatively easily to a rebounder for days when my knees aren't up to high impact but I still want tough cardio. I'd love it if this were the case with IMAX2 as well.

I too would love the bar graph (if it's possible). Also the idea of one person in the cast doing a modified version is perfect. This way the very advanced can follow Cathe and the intermediates gasping for air like myself can follow the other person who is modifying.

RE: MAKE IT TOUGHER . . .

. . . than I-Max One!

More propulsion moves in the aerobic step segments . . .

More plyo aerobic/anaerobic intervals . . .

Keep the warm up the same length as I-Max One! I still need every minute of it, and it HAS to be on the step and as vigorous!

Just my $.02 (or $.04, since I've already posted once) . . .

You're my salvation, Miss Cathe . . .

Annette Q. Aquajock

Yeah!!!! :-jumpy I am so happy to hear you're coming out with #2! I just started doing #1 a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it! I suggest just doing 2 movements per blast. Those guys are hard enough to get through doing one! 3 or 4 I feel would be too much!! Susan

PLEASE PLEASE don't make it tougher than IMax 1. I hate to disagree with Aquajock, but there is enough impact in 1 I think for many (most?) of us, and if people want to add propulsion to the step segments, they can do that pretty easily.

Cathe, so happy to see Imax 2 on it's way!.. I love the 2-4 combined movements for the ANAEROBIC BLASTS... hoping you make the movements on the step rather than on the floor-- as it'll be easier on my bod to keep the intensity high without pounding plyos moves on the floor creating havoc on my bladder and feet. I know that some folks love the plyos and higher impact moves, but I'd appreciate bigger movements and keeping the intensity high with less impact if that's at all possible... Could you have one modifier showing us less impact, but yet intense moves?

Thanks so much for reading,

[font color="red" size="4" face="Lucida Calligraphy"]Lydia L[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.