Sugar vs. Splenda

karenvictoria

Cathlete
Can someone tell me which would be the better choice? I try and try to drink my herbal teas with honey and lemon but I can't seem to get the sweet factor I'm looking for. I have heard the stories on Splenda but I was wondering if Raw Organic Sugar would be the better choice over Splenda. If you have other suggestions for a sweeting please let me know. I don't care for Stevia. I have tried that as well. Thanks
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Honey is only sweet when taken straight out of the bottle!}( Yes, I have done this before.;)

Stevia is interesting, I found it to be quite bitter. Although I read on a post here on the OD, someone found a source that claims its "not bitter".

Personally, I use one sweetnlow and one Equal to sweeten things up, I know, I know, not the popular choice around here! I have also used the Splenda/Sugar blend you can get in bags at the grocery store.

Personally, I'd recommend sugar, but that is only because I'm allergic to Splenda!!!! I tried it when it first came out, and it gave me awful headaches in addition to affecting my mood severely. I looked around online and found that for a small number of folks, such types of reactions can happen. Ah so!

I know you said you'd tried Stevia, but depending on the brand you use, it can have a very bitter aftertaste. I use KAL on occasion (powdered form), and it has only the slightest bitterness to it.

HTH:)

I've been on a "no-artificial sweetener" kick since 1/01 (deciding if it is a trigger for migraines) and also trying to decrease white sugars,etc. I've been very happy with agave nectar. Use it in tea and it tastes great. I also used it on my grapefruit, and it was good there too. Found it next to all the other "sugars" in one of my larger grocery stores, but also saw it next to stevia in our health food store.

Heidi

I'm one who feels that the less chemicals I put in my body, the better off I am. I use Raw Organic Sugar in my tea and coffee. I only use two teaspoons a day, so it's only .5 points on Weight Watchers.

Try SweetLeaf Stevia Plus. It's all natural, comes in individual packets. 1/2 packet will sweeten a cup of coffee or tea. You can do a search online to find out more about Stevia. I haven't used sugar in 3 years, since I started using Stevia.
Good Luck
Lina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.