sts

Ela

Cathlete
I finished the STS 6 month rotation a couple of weeks ago. Now I would like to do the 3 month rotation. I was wondering if anyone may have suggestions to include some other workouts into the week. I am aware of cardio. Anything else? I appreciate any suggestions.

Ela

Do you mean weight work in addition to the STS program?

I once tried to add a 4th weight day into my STS week. Others might be able to handle it, but I couldn't. I was exhausted.

One thing you could think about would be to add in more leg work. You could use a circuit workout premix that has only cardio and lower body weights, or any leg segment from one of Cathe's DVDs like the floor section of Pyramid Lower Body. As long as you keep the weights lower and space it some distance from your STS Leg day, that could be a nice change up in the rotation.

added plyo legs from meso 3

I finished the STS 6 month rotation a couple of weeks ago. Now I would like to do the 3 month rotation. I was wondering if anyone may have suggestions to include some other workouts into the week. I am aware of cardio. Anything else? I appreciate any suggestions.

Ela

I moved my leg day for meso 1 in the middle of the week and on SAT. I would do plyo legs from meso 3. (I'm in the last week of meso 1)I really liked doing this way and even ran 4 or 5 miles after doing plyo legs. (But I am a long distance runner and have been doing long distance this pas summer/fall.) I love it. I am also going to add insanity to my rotation and of course STS Cardio, when it gets out.
~Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.