STS STS 3.5 Mo.-Is Anyone Else Doing This?

CynamonKis

Cathlete
Hi All:

I just started this for the 1st time Sunday 3/24, and let me say, it did not disappoint! I just finished Disk 2, and REALLY feeling it!

Now, I have had STS and all the equipment, including the pull up tower, for quite some time, but have been intimidated by it, didn't think I could do it, but I really love it-getting a gym quality workout in my home!

Let me know if you are doing this too!

Cynthia

Monday April 1 I start STS, but I am doing the 5 month rotation. I am excited! This week I finish up the 90 day Xtrain rotation and I loved it, so really excited for STS. I finished my 1RM for Meso 1 on Saturday, so I am ready to go!

I just started today. I think I am going to do the 5.5 month rotation. At least that is my plan for right now. :)

I did disc 3 today instead of 2. I loved it! I don't think I will be able to move tomorrow. The time went quickly and I was visibly shaking. Great workout!

I'm starting tomorrow! I'm excited to start. Last time I did it was back in 2011 and I stopped two weeks before the end :-(. I plan on completing it this time. I've been doing my own rotation of XTrain the last 3 months and I think it's time for something different. :)

I'm on Week 1 of Meso 3 right now and am planning to start another 3.5 month rotation soon after I finish.

I'm starting tomorrow! I'm excited to start. Last time I did it was back in 2011 and I stopped two weeks before the end :-(. I plan on completing it this time. I've been doing my own rotation of XTrain the last 3 months and I think it's time for something different. :)

Let us know how it goes!

STS 3.5 Mo.-Is Anyone Else Doing This?

Wow I see I have lots of company - great! Maybe we can encourage eachother!

What is everyone doing for cardio? After STS, I do cardio on the treadmill, the "Couch to 5K" jog/walk program. On alternating days, I plan to do Insanity, and Step-kickboxing, plus I do a 20 min. ab routine.

Foodwise, just following Leanness Lifestyle, which is fitting right in with this for me.

Jengollf-you were so smart to do your 1RM's ahead of time! I regret not doing this, but I'm hoping to do them today for the upcoming week, to ensure I really get the best out of this workout.

Amyd - Glad to see you're doing the 3.5 mo. rotation like I am. Together, we will finish it, see it through! I'm in the Leanness Lifestyle L180 transformation bootcamp and we've got 12 more weeks, so this fits in perfectly.

RLW3 & ST - I admire you both for doing Meso 3 - I hear that is the toughest STS section of all!

Let us know how you do!

I am starting sts on Tuesday. I've never done it before and am pretty excited. I've been working on my one rep max testing for the past few weeks as I finish up my 90 day x-train rotation. I've seen a lot of upper body strength gains and lots of definition. Never had that before! For cardio I plan to spin a lot until it gets nicer outside and then I will run and bike outside. Being a cold weather whimp and living in Wisconsin don't mesh for me! I spend months indoors and am actually looking forward to running outside again. So most of my cardio DVDs I'll have to see again in the fall! Really looking forward to sts.

Wow I see I have lots of company - great! Maybe we can encourage eachother!

What is everyone doing for cardio? After STS, I do cardio on the treadmill, the "Couch to 5K" jog/walk program. On alternating days, I plan to do Insanity, and Step-kickboxing, plus I do a 20 min. ab routine.

Foodwise, just following Leanness Lifestyle, which is fitting right in with this for me.

Jengollf-you were so smart to do your 1RM's ahead of time! I regret not doing this, but I'm hoping to do them today for the upcoming week, to ensure I really get the best out of this workout.

Amyd - Glad to see you're doing the 3.5 mo. rotation like I am. Together, we will finish it, see it through! I'm in the Leanness Lifestyle L180 transformation bootcamp and we've got 12 more weeks, so this fits in perfectly.

RLW3 & ST - I admire you both for doing Meso 3 - I hear that is the toughest STS section of all!

Let us know how you do!

For cardio I am going to try kickboxing. I just hot a free standing heavy bag. I started yesterday and it kicked my butt! I think I will also use some of the low impact series.

CynamonKis: I'm actually just starting STS with Meso 1. I just changed up the DVDs so I had legs in the middle of the week. :)

I tried to edit my signature but I wasn't able to get it to work for some reason. I wanted to add my name but I couldn't with my STS ticker on there. Have to keep that! Please call me Rachel. :)
I'm glad there are others just starting out. I really wanted a check-in but the others are hundreds of pages long. Glad to have some people to go through this together!!

Hi ladies! Today was M1D1. I didn't do my one rep max but I have my numbers from the last time I did STS so I'm using those but noticed during today's workout that I can bump my weight up a little more due to my three months of XTrain! Yeah!!
I'm not following any special diet, just trying to incorporate more fruits, veggies and lean proteins into my diet. I'm 5'5 130lbs 24%BF. I love exercising with DVDs especially Cathe.
For cardio during the program I'll probably just do what I'm craving that day. This evening I was jonesing for some cardio so I did the timesaver mix of Hard Strikes. I love that one. I have all of Cathe's DVDs, Turbo Fire, P90x, etc.
We should definitely do a group check in just to keep each other accountable!
Amy

For cardio I'm doing DVDs--probably all Cathe cardio but I also have lots of other trainers--Insanity, Turbo Fire, etc if I want something different.

I do plan to try to clean up my diet while doing STS. More lean protein, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, lots of veggies and fruit. That's the plan at least!

I am starting the 5.5 month rotation tomorrow. I did the xtrain just the strength series last month but I miss my sts. I got some really great results from sts in the past and hope I continue to get more. I have def gained strength and definition from the series! Good luck on your adventures!!

Day 1

Today is Day 1 of STS. I did disk 1 this mornng--that was tough! So many push ups! I can tell I am going to be sore. I have approx an hour in the mornings to workout, so workout #1 obviously fit in perfectly, but I'm a little little worried now about the longer ones. I had to pause the DVD a few times to set up equipment. And I prepared the night before, hoping I could avoid doing that. :( It was an excellent workout tho. I'm really glad I decided on the 5.5 month rotation now--I can't wait to do that workout again next week when I'm more familiar with it.

I couldnt agree more! i missed STS and didnt remember how tough of a workout it was. It was great! i think i will be sore tomorrow too, but the nice things is i gained strength from the last time i did the series because I am lifting more than i did before. Great feeling! the plan for next week is to go a little heavier where I think I could! and yes! i also forgot about all the PUSHUPS!! gotta love Cathe!

STS 3.5 month

Hi Ladies,

I completed this rotation about two weeks ago. I added a month reverse pyramid from Meso 2 to meso 1 with 80% for meso 2 and 70% Meso 1. It's a rotation designed by myself consisting of 3 days STS plus two circuits/metabolic workout and a day of squat rack.

STS is a great program. I am very happy with the results.
I will be off STS for at least six months. I am looking forward to Feb rotation in two weeks. I will still aim to eat a clean as possible.

To Jengolf,

Hang in there for push ups. I know they are not easy. Try your very best and remember variations.

I did feel my shoulder while I was on meso 1. This is due to the fact that there is a lot of shoulder assistance during push ups especially. This did not put me off though:eek::eek:. When I started meso 3, I randomly did push one day and realised I gained strength and more confidence doing them.

I will report in this thread in two weeks ;-)

Wish everyone the best,

I did Meso 1, disc 1 for the second time today. Those push-ups are killer! I know some people don't like all the equiptment changes but it seems to make things go faster for me. I have always found hour long workouts to be dread inducing for me but with these the time flies by. I look at the weights that Cathe and crew are lifting and wonder if I will ever be that strong. It will be interesting to see where this program takes me. I doubt I will be at their level after one rotation, but I look forward to seeing what all I can do. I also did the stability ball section from Ab Circuits. I liked it. Much different than anything I have ever done. I'm really loving Cathe! How are you all doing?

I did my second STS workout today--Disk #3 Legs. Another toughy! Back and Triceps is tomorrow. These workouts are incredible and I love them! I actually don't mind the equipment changes in general, but I workout in the morning in which my time is limited. Some of the workouts are over an hour--that is when the equipment changes are concerning to me. As long as I can do it without pausing the DVD, I have no problem with equipment changes. I didn't have to pause it at all for Legs today, so that was good. Yesterday I did 40/20 HIIT, Ab Circuits Yoga Abs and the STS extended stretch. Plus, on strength days I'm doing doubles--a second workout (just cardio) after I get off work. Monday was CTX Step and Intervals--just the cardio, no strength and today is CTX Kickboxing--again, just the cardio, no strength. I'm pretty excited about STS and now that I've started, I'm even more excited! I am loving these workouts!

Hi Ladies!

I started STS on Monday for the first time and doing the 3.5 rotation. Thought I was going to die with all those pushups but I got thru them. Some were not pretty I might add. Today is disc 2 and I am looking forward to it. For cardio I am running on my TM and using cathe's DVDs. I already know I am going to love STS!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.