STS Rotation Question

horsing around

Cathlete
Has anyone done an STS rotation supplemented by only spinning and yoga? I can usually exercise 6 days a week. So I'm thinking of alternating weeks with yoga twice, spinning once, then spinning twice, yoga once.

I welcome any thoughts/opinions on whether this would be a good rotation. Thank you!!

Lisa

Lisa,

I have never done that but it sounds interesting. If you go through with the rotation, I'd love to hear your results. Either way, good luck!

Denise

Hi Lisa,

Have you got any specific goal or you are looking for a rotation to maintain your current fitness level?

I have not done this at all but I think there is no harm embarking in such rotation. Also you might also clarify the type of yoga you are intending to do. Does it involve more stretching or resistance. This would enable to establish how you could fit it in with STS;)

Kind Regards,

I did Meso#1 STS with just yoga and kickboxing - which I guess is similar. It was the Ultimate yogi series, though - so intense yoga. The combination was fantastic, and I'll repeat it soon.
Justine

I have the Ultimate Yogi series also, so that's what I plan to use. I'd like to lose 5-10 pounds, but mostly tone up more. At most I have about 75 mins day/6 day a week.

I can't stay away from Cathe's workouts long enough to complete the UY108 on it's own, so for me, this is win/win to use both series. The weeks I do spinning once, one of my yoga workouts will be Cardio.

Lisa

I have the Ultimate Yogi series also, so that's what I plan to use. I'd like to lose 5-10 pounds, but mostly tone up more. At most I have about 75 mins day/6 day a week.

I can't stay away from Cathe's workouts long enough to complete the UY108 on it's own, so for me, this is win/win to use both series. The weeks I do spinning once, one of my yoga workouts will be Cardio.

Lisa

To give it a best shot, you will need to embark on a rotation which is different to your usual routine. Only yourself know what your body has been used to so far. To shift those pound you need to shock your body which mean embark on a different workout and possibly on a tweaked nutrition!

Now before someone jump on my post :(, shocking the body is part of shacking things up. Doing the same old routine over the years is not going to shift those pound.

Here is my suggestion:

Meso 1: 3 days STS with premixes totalling 75 minutes, during the week try to add a moderate to heavy program ( Exemple pure strength or Burnset) to confuse your muscles. plus yoga and spin.

Meso 2 : 3 days STS same with your yoga cardio and spin.
Meso 3: 3 days STS same with your yoga cardio and spin. If you want to work strength twice per week you could add a metabolic training once per week. Not knowing what type of spinning you would be involved ( it could be long steady pace or resistance :cool::cool:) I can not comment on how frequent you could do it.

I suggest you keep a balance between both cardio and lifting with ideally no cardio during the lifting days.

All the very best;)

Last edited:
I did the 108 day programme - but it was quite a time commitment. I did STS 3x per week and kickboxing 3x, and yoga every evening. It all seemed to work really well together. At first I hated the yoga balance - but I got better and better. The yoga strength really puts strain on your shoulders - so it's better after a leg day. The hardcore workout is the best core workout I have ever found.

I'd love to hear what you end up doing.
I've just finished Meso#3 - and I am going to now repeat Meso#2. I'll try to do yoga 3x per week, plus cardio 3x.
I need to shift Christmas from my middle :eek:

Justine

I'm about to start STS and was planning on complimenting with Spinning and Bikram Yoga, too. More than likely, I'll also add some treadmill walking/jogging intervals with Cardio Coach.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.