STS Rotation or Ripped Series

Pippadog1

Cathlete
Hi

I was thinking of doing another round of STS. However would it be better waiting until the autumn to build muscle and do the Ripped series instead? With the summer coming I would like to be more defined in my arms but obviously I would like to look good for the summer months.

Also how could I fit the weekly cathe live class into my rotation? Any suggestions.

Laura
x

Hi Laura,
Not sure about whether to advise STS or RWH - BUT I'm about to start Meso#3 STS and this is how I've done it:
Monday - HiiT & maybe abs (eg RWH plyo HiiT + abs)
Tuesday - STS#2,5,8,11 etc
Wednesday - Cardio leg type workout (eg RWH Legs)
Thursday - STS#1,4,7,10 etc
Friday - STS #3, 6,9,12 etc
Saturday - metabolic w/o or UB light weights, or cardio - often a 'Live', or the RWH UB circuit etc

I've managed to do all the Cathe Lives, and I fit in lots of RWH. I've LOVED the rotation. So much so I did Meso#2 for 6 weeks. I'll happily send you the full breakdown if you want.
After STS I'm going to do a bit (couple of weeks?) of cardio & metabolic, before starting a Nia Shanks programme.

xx

Hi Laura,
Not sure about whether to advise STS or RWH - BUT I'm about to start Meso#3 STS and this is how I've done it:
Saturday - metabolic w/o or UB light weights, or cardio - often a 'Live', or the RWH UB circuit etc

I've managed to do all the Cathe Lives, and I fit in lots of RWH. I've LOVED the rotation. So much so I did Meso#2 for 6 weeks. I'll happily send you the full breakdown if you want.
After STS I'm going to do a bit (couple of weeks?) of cardio & metabolic, before starting a Nia Shanks programme.

xx

This is a great rotation. This is a keeper. In the file it goes.

Hi Laura,

xx
Hi Justine - I would love to see your full breakdown on this!

I'm very flattered that you guys are interested, and hope the rotation lives up to expectations!
I had meant to do a Body Beast / STS /RWH rotation, but ended up doing almost exclusively Cathe - you lot will appreciate why. On a Monday I am quite short of time, so I do a 30-40 minute HiiT workout, adding abs if the time/ inclination allows. I also swim Monday evenings. I had originally planned to do STS in the order written, but Roz (aka MominVT) suggested swapping the order so as not to have too many deadlift days in a row. It's worked well, thanks Roz. I have also listened to my body, so some weeks are easier than others - one week I did 7 workouts, another I did 5 - obviously that's a personal thing, and I just play it by ear. I didn't take a recovery week between Meso #1 &2 - just didn't feel the need, but it may be worth considering. I then extended Meso #2 to 6 weeks.
One mistake was Imax 2 - blasts only - just too much side stepping, even though I continued with the blast as Cathe and crew did the recovery bit - so maybe change that workout for another?
I also do a bit of yoga, but on an ad hoc basis, and just my own little yoga-flow. Well worth adding in a bit here and there.
I'm just finishing up week 11 (recovery) - about to start Meso #3...I haven't got a plan yet!
Enjoy everyone, and do let me know if you try it, or have improvements to suggest!

Attachments

• STS RWH & LIVE.pdf
    195.7 KB · Views: 63
Thank you for posting this! Was looking for a rotation that would easily accommodate all my Cathe workouts and this looks great! Starting today!

-Tiffany

Thank you for sharing JustineF! This looks so awesome-now I want to switch over to this one. I am on Meso 2 week 2 - I was all set to do all of STS along with my fave Cathe Live and/or metabolic mixed in and then do the 2 mo RWH - but this combines it all! Thanks again!

This is awesome. I wanted to start STS in May, and I was really excited too, then I signed up for Cathe live and I'm so enjoying it. I was wondering how to incorporate it with STS. And this helps.

A Fit Granny [emoji123]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.